The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 1997)

Better episodes in Second Season

sonysunu

[1]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 5

Hi Everyone,

I always thought that Second Season was much better. They had much more action and mystery. First Season episodes were just ok. Episodes by Glenn Leopold, Lance Falk, and Michael Ryan are much better. Glenn Leopold wrote 3 episodes in first season - Ezekiel Rage, Future Rage, and Rage's Burning Wheel (Created Story With Michael Ryan). I consider them as strongest episodes in First Season.

I also liked Jessie better in Second Season. Jessie is used more in Second Season. There were only few weak episodes in Second Season. Peter Lawrence's pace of the script is too slow.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

clockking515

[2]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    sonysunu wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I always thought that Second Season was much better. They had much more action and mystery. First Season episodes were just ok. Episodes by Glenn Leopold, Lance Falk, and Michael Ryan are much better. Glenn Leopold wrote 3 episodes in first season - Ezekiel Rage, Future Rage, and Rage's Burning Wheel (Created Story With Michael Ryan). I consider them as strongest episodes in First Season.

I also liked Jessie better in Second Season. Jessie is used more in Second Season. There were only few weak episodes in Second Season. Peter Lawrence's pace of the script is too slow.

I agree, but I don't think it was so much because of the writers as much as it was that season 1 resembled very little of what made Johny Quest special. What was with Race's accent? That was annoying.

I wasn't really fond of the fact that they ignored the previous continuity that was set up.

That's not to say season 1 was all bad.

I thought they did a good job at establishing both Dr. Jeremiah Surd and Ezekiel Rage and their motivations, as the 2nd season built off that pretty well.

In season 2, they started using elements from majority of JQ continuity:

-They brought back Dr. Zinn, Pasha, Jade, and many more characters from the original show. And suddenly all the characters and their past motivations are made valid again. It gave the show many more layers to play off of.

-The designs resembled the original feel of JQ.

-And as you pointed out, very few bad episodes.

An00bIS22

[3]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    Yep and the second season also started to give the Jonny/Jesse fans something to worship...

elpaquilloloco

[4]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 27

My favorites in order:

Bloodlines.
    The Robot Spies.
    Eclipse.
    Nemesis.
    Cyberswitch.
    Edge of Yesterday.
    Diamonds and Jade.