The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 1997)

Live Action Movie

glynx85

[1]Mar 18, 2006
    • level: 19
    Who here feels that this show would make a great live action movie? I've been hoping for one for a while.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LeatherWings

[2]Apr 13, 2006
    • level: 11
    Eh? Maybe...I wish they'd make season sets, but I hear the 60s one had some stuff edited because of PC(political corruption)

But yeah if we can get them un dubbed at all I hope they make em, I did see a fake set on ebay for like $60 with all 52 eps though.

crbr923

[3]Dec 20, 2006
    • level: 10
    It is good to know that I am not the only one who thought that this would have made a great live-action movie. The only question is who would play each character?

firedrakes

[4]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 13
    yeah seeing the cast would have to fit the char to make it a kick as@ movie.

10104evr

[5]May 18, 2007
    • level: 6
    it would make a good movie, especially if they add questworld on it. it should be a big time adventure, and all the villains are going to be there (surd, dr. zin, even rage)

LordYoshi

[6]May 19, 2007
    • level: 15
    It would be awesome but it will never happen in a million years. It also would have to be done right. The cast would have to look identical to the cartoon (Scooby Doo did a good job with that) and more importantly it would have to have a good plot.

SakuraBunnie

[7]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    Hey, I don't know if you are going to see this since you posted this comment I'm replying to over a year ago, but I've actually seen a few websites mention that a live action Jonny Quest film is being made and will be released in 2010 or something. It's supposedly being made by the guys who did Hitman (I think that was released in Oct of 2007 and I didn't see it so I don't know how good it is and stuff). I know they wanted to make a live action movie way back in the day when TRA of JQ was still being made but just like the rest of that show, it never happened, sigh. Unfortunately, from what I read they are going to model it more after the 60s old-school Jonny Quest instead of the 90s Real Adventures (supposedly they want to do a take on Race and Hadji joining Jonny and Benton). Some may be happy about that and that's good but I'm personally disappointed. I could careless about old-school JQ, I tried to watch it two weeks ago on Boomerang when I was home for Spring Break and I couldn't even get through one ep it was, well, boring and the animation stunk because it was too old for my tastes. Plus there's no Jessie, which means there won't be any Jessie in this movie either, lame. Anyway if you want more info about it you can go to this website and read this article about it : http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/08/08/jonny-quest-live-action-feature-film-on-the-way Even if it is going to be based off of old-school JQ it's still a cool idea I guess and who knows, maybe they will make sequels to show teenage Jonny that will model TRA of JQ. One can only hope, well, we also need to hope that whether based off of old-school JQ or TRA of JQ, they do an amazing job because it will be a damn shame if they don't! If it's popular maybe they will start making new eps of TRA of JQ too! That would be so sweet . . .

An00bIS22

[8]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    I know and i totaly agree... i can only hope its going to spark an interest in reborning the series.

walkerchic

[9]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 2

Yeah, I read on imdb that they were in talks of remaking the show... whether it is TRA or the original, idk. I heard that they were talking to The Rock and Zac Efron to play Race and Jonny. After hearing that, I don't really have high hopes for the film.

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/02/16/the-rock-is-race-bannon-and-zac-efron-is-jonny-quest/

Anna_McDuck

[10]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 3

There is a rumor going around that Zac Effron could play Jonny, and while I think he has the right look, he's far too old for the part. Also, the rumor of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson playing Race, ehhh, I'm mixed on that. I think Johnson has the right mix of tough guy meets big brother for Bannon, he doesn't -again- have the right look, and his acting can be a bit cheesy. Personally, I'll settle for having Johnson and Effron play two of the leads if they just keep this movie PG-13 and above. I'm truly hoping that the Hollywood screwballs behind the script realize that vast majority of the fans of this show are now adults and not interested in seeing a show from their childhood butchered for the modern ten year old. Great example is the TMNT movie, premier night, I think I was one of the youngest people in the theatre and I was twenty-four. There was not a single child in that theatre, but boy did they dumb that movie down.

Breaking down the premise:

Science fiction nightmare and dream.

Brilliant scientist well sought after by governments, mad men, and the rich and powerful.

Young boy assigned bodyguard because his mother was violently killed by a person after his father.

They could either turn this into a live action, true to life as they can get, action adventure drama, or it could become the next TMNT.