The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

Cartoon Network (ended 1997)

Gislef

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest Fan Reviews (10)

• The adventures continue for a now teenaged Jonny Quest.

That's right he's back and getting older by the minute. Recently I purchased the first half of the first season on DVD of this show and I was pleased to find I still enjoyed it. I was one of the kids that caught this show in the 90's and yes I was a fan of the orginal 60's Quest when the lad was still a little boy. Cartoon Network was good to my youth, as of now it's a differnt story. Anyway, I saw this show and got immediately into it. For one I'll say, excellent theme music (it really was catchy), and two: hats off to the guys who made this show, it was as quirky and sometimes even as corny (which I didn't mind) as the orginal. Bringing back all the familiar characters and even adding a girl (which strangely enough didn't ruin things). And giving everyone all those strangely out of place adventures just like before. Could a Quest fan ask for much else? Not really.
  • Jonny Quest Real Adventures - very interesting show

Somehow I was never into First Season Episodes except the episodes written by Glenn Leopold. Some of Michael Ryan's episodes in First Season episodes were interesting. I think Glenn Leopold wrote the strongest episodes in First Season and Second Season. He wrote Ezekiel Rage, Rage's Burning Wheel (created story with Michael Ryan), and Future Rage. The viewers feel very sorry for Ezekiel Rage. Glenn Leopold was Story Editor for Second Season of Jonny Quest Real Adventures. And we see many of brilliant episodes from him like The Mummies of Malenque, Ghost Quest, Cyberswitch, Digital Doublecross, Eclipse, The Dark Mountain, and many others. I found Second Season much stronger. Michael Ryan joined with Glenn Leopold in Second Season. He wrote brilliant episodes like Edge of Yesterday and More than Zero. He also did the teleplay for Dark Sentinel and Without a Trace.

There was another writer named Lance Falk who worked with Glenn Leopold and Michael Ryan. He was a big fan of Classic Jonny Quest. He returned Jezebel Jade and he created a brilliant villain named General Vostok. Mark Hamill voiced General Vostok. Hamill's voice acting was so great that it made the character Vostok more interesting. Mark Hamill is also famous for doing the voice of Joker in Batman Animated Series.

Somehow I was never into the episodes written by Peter Lawrence. The only one interested me is the episode "Escape to Questworld." Many people remember writers like Paul Dini and Michael Reaves who worked in Batman Animated Series. But I am surprised that many people don't remember Glenn Leopold, Lance Falk or Michael Ryan.

Glenn Leopold wrote many of episodes of Great Shows like SWAT Kats and Pirates of Dark Water. He was one of the Head Writers of Hanna Barbera Productions. Lance Falk's first show as a writer was SWAT Kats. He wrote six SWAT Kats episodes. Second Season also used Jessie in many of the episodes. Studio Mook did the Animation for Jonny Quest Real Adventures Second Season. They also did the Animation for Many of the episodes of SWAT Kats. I thought their animation was great.
  • the adventures of a boy as he ventures to the unknown, the mysterious and the remarkable.

This is an average show, but I also enjoyed watching this. The show is done quite well. The plot is quite interesting. I am also quite interested in the main characters. They go quite a bit of my attention. What I can say about this show is just that it is very superb in terms of giving the viewers enjoyment as long as they give much attention to it. It can be worth your time, just don’t get bored at first. Later, you will see that this show can be great indeed. Just have patience. I am not saying this show is boring. It can be fun.
  • It was a new spin on the classic cartoon with more up to date technology and edgier characters

It was a new spin on the classsic cartoon with more up to date ideas ,technology and edgier characters ,the episodes where all well written and always kept you waiting for the next one.i liked the idea of questworld and that johnny was much older then in the previous show. it was great show i dont know why the canceled it could have at least gone for another season or more . im still waiting on the dvd
  • this show was very under-rated

i thought it was a great show. i do not understand how it was never a sucess. i think they should bring it back. it was kind of campy, but i felt the stories were better than the original show. which was great even by today's standards. i mean could you imagine a cartoon on television now with guns firning bullets instead of laser rays or what ever else. would make it on the air. except on adult swim maybe.
  • An extremely underrated show that should be back.

This was a show that was superior than it's predecesor in animation style, plot and character development. It was a clever and interesting show that was foolishly cancelled in its prime. The show was diferent to the sixties version in that the main characters were older, the adaptation of the show to the technological era, fact shown extremely well with a new element added in this show: the Questworld, a virtual reality world that it was shown in computer animation in a very complex fashion that could be considered "pre-Matrix", and of course, Jessie, who gave a new element to the show giving it a new dimension that lacked the older version, due to the presence of a girl in the team. The characters were also deeper and more interesting than the older version. If you want to enjoy of a good show, you must see this... if you can.
  • More adult than most primetime series. And certainly more creative.

All one has to do to remind anyone who watched this show just how great it was, is to mention the episode titles.... "Ghosts of the Sargasso", "Manhattan Maneater", "Race Against Danger", etc. Every episode had an affective title, full of description, and wet your apetite. And until you saw it, you had no idea what it was about. The villains in this show were intense and mature, and you wanted them to return. In terms of having "a freak of the week" to look forward to, 'Real Adventures' rated up there with The X-files. It was really addictive. If it went back on the air, I would tape every episode.
  • This was one of the most greatest television revivals that I have ever seen.

This was the greatest Cartoon television revivals ever. I think this cartoon was under appreciated and should have made it to a live action version film on the Big screen. There are many shows that should be on the big screen; but I think this show and it's characters would have made a major break-though in a live action movie. It would be better than the Flintstones.
  • A really good show. . .

I liked this one, more then the other versions of the same story, because this one was a bit well made and original then the other ones, not perfect, but almost all series aren't.

I always liked this stile of shows, since i saw this show, i knew that it would have the necessary things to make its way to the sucess.
  • I remember this show like it was yesterday...

I remember this show like it was yesterday. The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest (also known as ‘90’s Johnny Quest’) was a huge part of my childhood. The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest was the first show that I can remember to include computer animation to such a large degree. The computer-animated world called ‘Quest World’ was what attracted my attention to the show. Almost like a sequel to the previous Johnny Quest shows The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest featured a much older cast then before. The Real Adventures Of Johnny Quest still followed the adventures of, Johnny, Hadji, Race, Dr. Quest with one new addition, Race’s daughter, Jessie. The show only lasted two seasons but continued to air much longer then that repeating through reruns many times in the early 90’s. The show spawned books, comics and even action figures. Unfortunately time has forgotten the marvels of this show and its entire memorabilia collection, but I haven’t. I treasure the childhood I had enjoying this wonderful TV show and I will never forget, “Going hot!”