The Real Exorcist

Thursday 10:00 PM on Syfy Premiered Oct 30, 2008 Special

The Real Exorcist Fan Reviews (2)

5.8
  • I am not going to come out and say this show is fake, although in my "spirit" (or heart) I just dont have a good feeling about it.

I am a Christian. I believe in demonic posession and exorcism. I have read 2 of Rev. Larson's books. I watched several episodes of this show. I am not going to come out and say this show is fake, although in my "spirit" (or heart) I just dont have a good feeling about it. The question in my book is, "Is Rev. Larson doing this for the glory of God or the glory of Bob Larson?" He seems to appear cocky, and very confident (which a minister should be confident) but his attitude seems to say "I'm right, you're wrong."

I do not agree with his theories regarding curses. Without getting into a theological discussion, I believe that becoming a Christian, it breaks any curses that may have been put upon you or your family.

I have made a decision not to watch the program any more; I just don't believe its he is doing it for the glory of God and to promote Christianity---just his wallet.
  • Amazing display of supernatural power and real healing for the victims of demonic possession. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

I would challenge anyone who does not believe that Jesus Christ is real, that demons really do possess people, and that Christians can take them out to devote 1 hour of your life to watching an episode of this show. Don't take someone else's word for it! You owe it to yourself to find out what the real truth is. What's unique about this show in the landscape of Christian programming is that it is truly unbiased. Airing on the Sci Fi channel and the UK's Virgin 1, the show uses journalistic objectivity to simply present what is happening. We see Bob using the Bible, invoking the name of Christ, and engaging in intellectual combat with the tormenting spirits, free of condescending voice-overs or cynical commentary. Still more unusual, we see the times when deliverance doesn't work, when the victims decide, inexplicably, to walk away from ministry, choosing the comfort of bondage over courage and freedom.

As anyone knows who has attended one of Bob's free seminars, deliverance can take time. One of my favorite cases was that of the Southern family seeking freedom from generational witchcraft. It was so great to see the family's persistence, and when deliverance finally came, in the fussy and extremely proper sitting room of their home, the obvious freedom was beautiful to behold. I don't know what else to say except WATCH!!! This is riveting, real-life television, where people's souls hang in the balance and the power of heaven and hell becomes real.