The Real Ghostbusters

ABC (ended 1991)

The Real Ghostbusters Fan Reviews (26)

7.3
  • The corner stone of my child hood television experiance, this show has blossomed for me into a life long obsession.

I'm pretty good with recalling my earliest memories of youth. One of those memories is sitting at the Tv in fall of 1988 and my two year old eyes transfixed on the TV to catch the newest episodes of the Real Ghostbusters. I didn't know it back then, but it would one day blossom into an obsession as I make my way to conventions, and ebay gathering up as much Ghostbusters memorabilia as I can. This show was one of the best written and constructed (And in Season 4 onward best animated) show of it's time. Running an impressive 140 episodes in 7 years, it is only outclassed by the movies it is based on. When ever I would hear the opening chords of "Ghostbusters" I knew it was tiem to sit down, laugh and let my worries melt away. To this day some 20 years later, I can still watch an episode and it makes me laugh, and in some instances get goose bumps of pure excitement. And the series would of been nothing without the highly talented cast. Lorenzo Music, Laura Summer, Frank Welker, Marice LaMarche, Arsenio Hall, and Later Buster Jones, Kate Soucie, Roger Bumpass and Dave Coulie. These acters portrayed they're characters with the diginity, and pure talent that Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis, and Hudson had brought to the table. I'm telling you right now. If you want to see the pinacle of animation from the late 80's and early 90's look no further than this show.