The Real Ghostbusters

ABC (ended 1991)

The Real Ghostbusters Fan Reviews (26)

7.3
  • The unforgettable animated Ghostbusters show.

Ghostbusters, what a funny movie. Th animated show? Yeah, that's cool too. As good as the movie? No, but it's entertaining to say the least. Every week kids looked forward to what the Ghostbusters have to deal with next. I just got the first volume of the show on DVD and yes I know they are now releasing the entire collection at the same time (figures). In short, I know this show was made for the simple purpose of bringing in ratings and money, let alone merchandise. But you know what, it's a cool show. Some of the lines are funny and when Lorenzo Music voiced Peter Venkman, it was classic. The only thing I really don't like about the show is Slimer. Don't get me wrong, he looks cool and I think I remember liking him as a kid (he also looks perfect as the mascot of certain products). Why they made a spinoff with Slimer being a real main character, I'm not quite sure but it goes to show that kids can get taken in easily. Apart from these things The Real Ghostbusters was a cool kid's show and I'm proud to have it in my DVD collection.