The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Sunday 8:00 PM on Bravo Premiered Jul 31, 2008 In Season

The Real Housewives of Atlanta Fan Reviews (44)

• This show follows the lives of 5 Atlanta women.

I find it very interesting that those of you who consider the show "ghetto" do not echo the same sentiments for the "Real Housewives" shows that have all white women. What about when Theresa tried to flip over the table in New Jersey housewives? NO ONE said that was ghetto but let a black woman do that...she's automatically labeled ghetto. It's amazing how people who carry out the same actions are labeled totally different things due to race. Black women who assert themselves are labeled as ghetto or loud or abnoxious. Yet white women who do the same thing are "accepted." Let's look past the color lines and view these women as women who exhibit passion and who do not express themselves the way white society feels they should.
  • This show is based on the lives of 5 atlanta wives that live in the higher class. WOMEN & MONEY = JEALOUSY & DRAMA. Each trying to out do the other and be the center of attention.

With all the drama and success of these women, I was one of many that couldn't wait until tuesday for a new episode. Many can trash the show but most were watching. Ne-Ne very fun and real. Sheree fake and stuck up. Kim is a follower and wanna-be. Lisa is a go getta and easy going person. Deshawn was really laid back, drama free, classy and handles business. Can't wait until next season. Of all the real housewives shows this is by far the BEST ONE!! I've enjoyed Orange County but Atlanta brought it. New York wives should be CANCELLED.
  • This show is a hit!

Episodes one and two have had me glued to the TV. If you missed them you MUST catch the re runs. Sheree was that Chief Pennington at your Birthday Party? Did you really have Nene on the guest list? You know America wants to know:-) I am not going to spoil it for you by telling you what happened....tune in!
    Kim will we you EVER expose "Papa"? It is soooo wrong that he remains a mystery. I see that some drama is about to unfold in the friendship department and I cannot wait to see it! I know this show will have a Season II.
  • The three jealous BITCHES!

Nene, is a liar, a fake and a jealous BITCH ! but Porsha is worst and PAHDREA is also the same. IT is obvious that they are very jealous of KENTA. . KENYA IS PRETTY,SMART AND HAS A LOT ON THE BALL. NENE LOOKS like A MAN A DRAG QUEEN. AND PORCHA YOU ARE dumb. and the biggest liar. you never tell the truth. Phaedra and Porsha you claim to believe in the LORD when you are the biggest phonies! You need to find the LORD and stop breaking the 7th comment. OR do you know the 10 comments?
  • It's a wrap

NeNe Leakes needs to get her attitude in check or take a vacation from the plays Miss know it all but never admits when she is wrong EVER. Cynthia Bailey was correct in addressing NeNe about respecting her and her family. If she had called my husband a bitch we would have had it out after the show sister to sister New York City style. Remember an apple is harder than a peaches to bite into OK.

Kandi Burrus needs to tell her mother to sit down and stay our of her business and upcoming marriage because I predict it won't last long anyhow with momma Joyce bad mouthing it.

Phaedra Parks needs some mouth wash for her is a Pastors Kid and I can't tell she was ever raised in the church. Her parents must be very disappointed. Jesus help her.

Cynthia Bailey, hats off to her for standing up and calling out NeNe you go girl.

The episode on Kenya Moore's dog velvet was a tear jerker on my goodness I have a dog named Snickers and couldn't image a day without him. Kenya I hope the best for you she doesn't need to be fired.

And finally, Porsha Williams I have had it with you use physical abuse on any person to get your point across it is Andy asked Porsha did she know it was wrong to abuse someone she gave a deer in head lights look and then responded. No Andy I don't think she gets it and then lied and said she blacked out and only remember seeing Nene. Come on Porsha a nerve was hit by Kenya and you showed your true colors on national TV. You need to be taken off the show IMMEDIATELY.
  • Nonsense

Would have given it like 5 stars but for the last episode which is applauding a man putting his hand on women. Really Atlanta. Shame on you. All these "reality shows should actually portray what atlanta life is all about.

Nene is just too loud!

Yes it is so true Kenya does have an african prince- sadly he is Nigerian, married with a family

Overall very loud show
  • Claudia, Demetria and Marlo are Refreshing and...

Still love Kandi, and Phaedra, they're my favorite veteran cast members, but Claudia is my new favorite, and Demetria is a sweet girl that should be featured more. Marlo was a good friend to Nene, and a seemingly, a sweet person.

Can't stand Nene OR Kenya who are both distasteful. They don't help with the ratings, but disgust me with the way they treat their friends.

Kenya calls out Natalie, but don't know anything about her. She also told Porshia's business to Nene on purpose, after Porshia asked that it not be shared that she moved into Nene's neighborhood. Kenya's also started judging Mallory for moving into Cynthia's, and that wasn't her place to confront her. I wonder about her social skills.

I don't mean any disrespect, but Cynthia is just boring.
  • Can all the haters step forward?

The funny thing about these comments is that people hate on these women regardless.

There are so many housewives acting irrational and drunk and constantly engaged in petty arguments or engrossed in superficial physical characteristics. Some claim ATL is boring because there isn't much drama, some claim these ladies need to show America a better image of black women. Get over it, black women do not have to prove anything to American society. America is not our God and true slaves would constantly worry about what "America" thinks of them. They don't have any less problems than any other women, however, they are all self made. Of course in America, that is a problem too. God forbid they make money and enjoy it, without depending on their men (excluding Portia who seems to be the traditional Stop hating because these women are beautiful and don't have half the plastic surgery as the other housewives. Black women along with black men have built a country for America and they still don't appreciate it, so they don't have to defend or prove their behavior to anyone. It is all hateration, because I have seen a lot worse from other housewives, but it is acceptable, because in America's eyes they are "aloud" to have Kudos to the ATL housewives, for working for your money and enjoying it and for continuing to look beautiful. Don't worry about the haters, they have to have something to whine about, they either want more drama or none, would talk about you if you were broke, but angry because you aren't and are looking for fake body parts on the show that has the least! Hilarious!

I'm sure you guys like drama for ratings but this season (7) was so distasteful it reminded me of basketball wives!! Cynthia - plain nasty. did she have to lower her standards to stay relevant for the TV??

Kenya- why i this irritating woman on this show?? she's too loud, scandalous and does Black Women and OUR history an injustice by acting a fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claudia- CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY SHE IS HERE?? She's clearly someone who starts trouble and tries to stay relevant by going after NeNe . Is this the only way she can guarantee a peach? Why haven't yall made Porscha full time?? Yall need to bring back Sheree. And honestly I would not watch this show if it weren't for NENE say what you want she's a woman who has grown and true CLASS is when you can check someone by just walking away and she is smart enough to know that acting a damn fool wont land her acting roles. ( claudia should take lessons instead of bashing her)

I like Phaedra, Kandi, and Porcha. I don't like to see people get fired but PLEASE GET RID OF THESE OTHER WOMEN. they were so irritating to watch I felt compelled to write this review!

This is the most boring season ever. But I like the new Porsha 4aoqY
  • The Fake and Phoney

Housewives of Atlanta was horrible this season. They need to fired Cynthia, Kenya, Claudia, and Peter. Cynthia and Peter look old as hell and they just need money so bad it's ridiculous. It's amazing what people would do for money. Cynthia is a bold face hypocrite and a dumb ass. Peter should be a woman and who wants a husband that gossips like a woman besides Cynthia looking stupid and dumb. Those four where fake and phoney I can't even watch the show when they show them. This reality show is getting worse and if those four stay on I won't watch their next season; if there's another season.
  • Who wants to be a millionaire?

And in just one season. Please, Bravo, do not cave in to Nene's cray-cray demand for a million dollars. Get rid of her. Listen to Wendy Williams (and your viewers!).
  • PLEASE take Claudia and Kenya off the show

As a HUGE fan and avid watcher of the show, I would sincerely appreciate it if they would take these two off show. I literally only watch this season for Nene and Phaedra. For one, the title of the show is called "Real Housewives of Atlanta". Claudia and Kenya; neither one of these ladies are from Atlanta, or a housewife. It is also highly frustrating that these ladies are also a horrible example of what real black women represent. As a black woman myself, I don't want anyone to thibk that this type of behavior is typical of an African American woman, and it has gotten to the point where I'm disgusted. I honestly don't believe I can watch another season with these two on there. Most definitely will not be able to watch it with Claudia on it! PLEASE take these women off the show!
  • Girl please Kenya

Phaedra wasn't ignoring the issue. She was being a LADY and that says SO much! I'm from TEXAS!
  • My thoughts

Hmmm... Kenya n Claudia n Cynthia are complete b***..... Nene is tha realest woman on that show... Thumbs up nene... Thaedra also a real out for kandi tho not a gud friend to me... N porsha is kool.... Dnt let the silicone barbie get u dwn

• What would your great grandmothers say?

All of you show the world that all that we Black people have worked for: " RESPECT" is for naught. Imagine old women in the audiences of whether all of you gather. They would be drowning in tears of shame & embarrassment. You represent Black women, Black people, a whole race and you need to step back, look and listen to yourselves and I bet you will see what America LOVE OR RESPECT FOR YOURSELVES.... WILLING TO SHOW OFF AT ANY COST just to be louder and more ignorant than the other pathetic females in your group. This show should have been filmed IN AN ALLEY , the perfect venue for a group of misfits such as you all. You've demonstrated that clothes, jewelry, weaves, nails, makeup and $1,500 shoes MOST DEFINITELY CAN'T MAKE YOU look better than every body else. All of you should RUN AND JOIN THE "BARNUM & BAILEY CIRCUS AS CLOWNS because that is exactly what you look like and act PERFECT VENUE. Oh, before I forget, ALL OF YOU SHOULD JOIN AA AND TAKE ANGER MANAGEMENT AND SELF ESTEEM CLASSES, and go to church (maybe that's the one place where you will "dress and act like a lady").
  • Really, I dont get this show they are all a bunch of idiots who drive around getting botox and fighting with each other all the time.

Ne Ne ; now first of all NeNE seems kind of cool but I would not want her as a friend she be talkin s*** about people all the time.
    Deshawn ; she seems like a sweet heart but I dont think she has alot going on in her brain.
    Lisa ; Lisa is actually pretty chill , its too damn bad chill does not make good TV, she is boring.
    Kim ; Ah once every time period someone changes the world, but its sure as hell not Kim. she thinks she has singing talent and doesnt know anything about singing. This is the perfect specimen of a person who uses money to get what they want(Believe me Paris Hilton will be reviwed soon enough.) Voice coach lady; Kim , you kinda, dont know what your doing. (lol thats sad) Kim ; shes telling me I dont know the ABC's of Music, I dont need to im a singer. And the award for stupidest qoute ever goes to Kim.
    As someone who takes Voice and piano lessons I know that, she is completely ignorent and stupid and doesnt know anything about singing.
    Sheree; No one cares and I have a life to get back to so lets just say she's a snob.
  • atlanta housewives, ex-wife, and prostitute

I like the shoe but i thought it was called housewives not ex wives or "girlfriends" the show is good with deshaun nene and the other young lady. i dont like the white girl the gold digger an certainly not the gold digger ex wife this show could be more popular just pick a better cast and one more thing how can you ask for money and you didnt work for it get what the man gives you not what you want the only 3 ladies that are married you never hear what he can give me or how much they want an please take the damn high priced prostitute off the show an place someone that is a wife
  • All these women are fake

These women are a joke.

(NENE) Big mouth,full of garbage,greedy,fake,and greg is a ponce.

(KIM) Trash,hoe,brain dead,fake,liar,and a hole.

(CYNTHIA) Dope,liar,fake,stupid,and her husband is using her for her money,basically pimping off her and she should of listened to her sister,also this will end in tears.

(Peter) User,ponce,player,liar,fake,attention seeker and will be found out.

(Phaedra) Fake,talks garbage,liar,hoodrat,plastic,and should get kicked off the show.

(Apollo) Ponce,fake,liar,user,this punk must of been laughing all the way to the bank when he married plastic Phaedra,but prison seems to be a place he likes as he must like men (bottyman)and another hole that should never be in this show again.

More comments to follow concerning the rest of the cast.

First off For Demetria to day to Phadera at the dinner in PR the only thing we have in common is the number 8. Was 2 Kenya is such an idiot didn't Apollo have fake texts on her... Kenya is such a sad person she posses no true talent and is focused on Phadera because she does want Apollo. Claudia dragon toes is another MESS.. to go to Portia Work and bring up there issues was a punk messing with my coins will get a bitch cut easily. I mean really and the Cynthia Baliey I had so much respect until that whole Chocolate thing came up her broke ass should be worried about all that Debt they still got and Yes her Husband is a hoe. Nene and Khandi make that money girls.
  • Here We Go AGAIN - It's All ABout Ne Ne!!!

Seriously - that reunion tonight was garbage. Of course, as one would expect, it ultimately ended up becoming "ALL ABOUT NE NE". She can't take criticism even on the remotest and most constructive level. BooHoo - OMG, everyone's against me! I've suffered sooo much and nobody understands where I'm coming from! Let me tell you Queen Ne Ne, there's so many more people on this earth that have bigger problems than you have and have suffered way more than you!!!! What pisses me off is: all the other ladies fall for her absolute crap and try to make amends, appease and sympathize with her when that is so very much NOT how they truly feel, the so-called "doctor Jeff", apparently he's a psychiatrist (seriously???) - is such a kiss-ass - up Ne Ne's arse like his life depends on it - so pathetic! His reaction and comments to Queen Ne Ne's behavior tonight were absolutely laughable and destroyed all his credibility. Queen Ne Ne is no different than she has been on every single other show - an arrogant, self-centered, greedy, egotistical, selfish, inconsiderate, rude and EXTREMELY CRUDE excuse for a "lady" - she puts ladies and women in general to shame - no matter what creed or colour! She just becomes more stupid and pathetic with each season. The most annoying thing is that she keeps incessantly interrupting and yelling over everyone else - she thinks her voice and what she has to say is more important than anyone else's. She's just becoming way more ridiculous than she was before (and that is really saying something!). After all these years her crocodile tears are BS. She could stand on her head and spit nickels and it wouldn't mean diddly - she's so phony! Get a grip and start acting like a lady. She must think people are idiots to fall for her crap. Shameful!
  • circus side-show

Ne-Ne (NO-NO), Phedra and Porsha never have anything nice to say about any woman who looks better than them, classier, higher IQ; these moose looking, windbags are no better than a circus sideshow. Their best days are long gone.
  • nigg__s

they are only slaves that got money just bad Nigg--s
  • Really?!?

If anyone believes Nene's breakdown, your pathetic with a capital "P". She is the fakest b*@#h I have ever seen. Not only is she rude and classless she is an abarrassment to any successful African American woman. I am ashamed of her behaviors and how incredibly nasty she truly is! All of you who kiss her ass, please ask this the person I want representing me or my culture?!? If you say yes, you must be as ignorant as people already think you are!!

This show is so hilarious! These are definitely the fakest housewives I've ever seen and quite frankly they are a disgrace to all African Americans and women alike. I know the show is a big front, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I think these women are so miserable that they have nothing else to do but put each other down. They have sold their souls for gold, its not worth it and its a crying shame. Kandi and Claudia have the realest personalities and can actually call themselves women. I'm glad Claudia put Nene in her place because she is the fakest by far, in body and mind. They all put up a facade and have no concept of reality. Who cares how much money they have, because that's all they can claim. They can't claim Jesus, real love or real happiness. I feel sorry for all of them!
  • Cynthia is an Idiot

Its hard for me to believe that Cynthia is so dumb. First she lies to the viewers and tries to make everyone believe that she had Phaedra's best interest at heart, and that there was no malicious intent; ARE YOU KIDDING ME. That's blatant maliciousness! When Phaedra said she was going to leave Cynthia where she found her, perfect, because Cynthia could never be a friend of mine. And although Apollo said he was lying about having anything to do With Kenya, their actions spoke louder than their words, Phaedra was within her right in the way she approached Kenya and for that phone stealing Kenya to try to compare the two scenarios is idiotic. She set Cynthia up and she fell right in the trap. Anyone that is led to do anything that Kenya says is as stupid as rocks. By the way I love Kenya's aunt; what a classy lady. Candy should wake up! Todd should have been gone long ago. The way Candy allows her mom to treat Todd and to treat Todd's mom the way she did is scandalous. If Joyce is acting a fool for ratings and for a paycheck then she wins the award for the most abusive real Mom I've ever seen. No mother would treat her daughter and her husband the way she treats Candy and Tod even for a paycheck. And Candy if you don't care what people say, maybe you should think about the example you are setting for your daughter, its pathetic the way you let your mom treat you. I'm growing weary of all the BS housewives shows, they're all pathetic...
  • Nene response to Cynthia storyline

Nene talking about Cynthia doesn't have a storyline . my question to her is what is her storyline for this season
  • The Ladies of Atlanta

I am very disappointed in NeNe - she is a mean person. She really thinks she is sll it, but she has been so mean to so many of the other ladies and I do not like it.

I really enjoy watching this show. I think it is much better than the other "Housewives" reality shows. Hope it stays on a long time.
  • Tag-A-Long To Get A Long

Bravo please take Kenya and Claudia off of The Real Housewives of Atlanta! Has Bravo redefined the defintion of Housewife? These two woman are Not Housewives of any kind! They both have taken away the show concept. They both look stupid just being on this type of show. Bravo took Porsha off of the opening shot with the ladies holding a Peach and instead there is Claudia and Porsha was a Housewife when she came on the show. And because she defended herself against Kenya Bravo denines Porsha the opening shot. That was Low! One thing for sure Every lady who started on Housewives of Atlanta Was Married, Divorced, Engaged, Got Engaged, Re-married, Got Married. Kenya came on the show Begging for her Date to Marry Her and whining about having a child!! Which nothing has happened then or now! Claudia? Oh Please. I'm Done with this show has well has a whole lot of other people!! I was a HUGE FAN but not anymore!! One last thing Kandi please stop putting your Sex life out there and talking divorce with your assistance! It doesn't matter if she is your BFF Forever! Go seek a marriage counselor!! Bravo get it together!!
< 1 2