The Real Housewives of New York City

Monday 9:00 PM on Bravo Premiered Mar 04, 2008 In Season

JusticeLeaguer

The Real Housewives of New York City Fan Reviews (13)

• This is t.v.?!?!?!??!

I apologize for the misspellings. I recently broke my wrist. Anyways,The real housewives of new york is a reality t.v. show. This show is just flat out ASSANINE!!! How can you find this entertaining?!?!? My mom always watches it but, people, its just a bunch of GROWN women cussing at eachother!! Every 5 seconds: "beep! beep! beep!", they argue, they fight, they scream! They do every childish and immature thing you can imagine!!! Half of the women dont even deserve the lives they have!!! They are spolied to the core! (no pun intended.). And they dont even try to hide their spoiled behavoir! They are making THEMSELVES look bad. And im sure those idiots dont even know it!!! They always try to buy stuff they dont need that STILL makes them look bratty and spoiled. Have I reached a verdict? yes: This is a show that, in a nutshell, is a bunch of undeserving, demented, drunk, fame hungry, women who need do either get their act together or donate thier underserved money to a good cause. 0.000000000 out of 10. As I always say at the end of my reviews: I rest my case.
  • i am so so so soooooooo embarrassed to be an australian...

please please please don't judge aussies by this apparently "important" person who claims to be have been "heavily involved in politics at state and federal levels", that apparently has a separate life from wife but fails to show this is indeed a fact. do everyone a favour: stay in USA, play in your "castle", don't refer to yourself as being an Aussie, refrain from the ponce accent, let your kids be kids, learn restraint and class, remember that money does not necessarily brings breeding, try to find "friends" as it appears you have none outside those of your wife..........get a life
  • wannabe OC housewives

2.4
    Saw the preview.....these women are supposed to be glamorous? Maybe it is because I live in southern california and I don't get the new york thing, but they seem so boring! None of them are very attractive. I have to say that Real Housewives of the O.C. was one of my favorite guilty pleasures, as are Bravo's Project Runway and Millionaire Matchmaker, but this one looks like it will fall quite under the very highly set bar! I could be wrong and this may perhaps sound very superficial but for my TV junk food/candy equivalent, I want to watch super hot, super fabulous people and their amazing lives. The preview nor the trailers have suggested this. Maybe these ladies need some sunshine?
  • Bravo TV changes the scene instead of staying in sunny California the new show is in the east coast New York City with new housewives and there families.

2.5
    I saw the preview episode and the first episode of the new series the Real Houswives of New York City. I didnt care for this new series the original is by far better. 5 new housewives are introduced and their lifestyles, homes and family life are shown. I guess I was used to the cali girls because it was original and California has this sunny, fun and good look. New York reminds me of the nite there both opposite shows i believe. I dont think i will be tuning in every week and i really don't think Bravo will keep this show afloat like the original. Bring back the real housewives for another season Bravo!
  • Season 5

4.5
    I have been watching RHWNYC for a couple years now, and I preferred it over the other Real Housewives shows. It's one thing that Bethenny left, and Sonja stepped in. Even Cindy was an okay addition for the one season, but now it's gone too far. Now that Kelly, Jill and Alex have been given the ax, their replacements don't seem too amazing. I personally loved Kookoo Kellys crazy antics, and Jill was one of my favorites despite how lots of people think she's a backstabbing bitch. Alex, however pissed me off, and I actually got a nasty letter from her AND Simon when I posted a review about them. Isn't that sad? The only reason they could have kept Alex on, is just for people to make fun of her. That would have been okay. Jill and Kelly, I miss them on the show.

But in the end, I guess that all the women have been gradually dropping like flies and at this point there Kelly, Jill and Luann were on one side, and Sonja, Ramona and Alex (shudder) were on the other, and so much crap happened between the two sides that it's difficult to imagine anything different coming from that group. But we'll never know I guess.

There is more to come this season but so far, I'm not impressed. The last episode was boring as hell, and maybe it's because we're getting to know, Carolle, Aviva and Heather. Heather is probably the most interesting so far because she and Ramona already have problems, and she seems to dismiss her right off the bat. Aviva reminds me of RH of beverly hills girls, because she obviously has had botox and has been under the knife a couple times. She doesn't seem to have anything too interesting to bring to the table, and I know that she doesn't get along with Ramona and Sonja later in the season, but still she just seems boring and kind of annoying to look at. Carolle is the same way, I mean...look at her face? She looks like her lips have been smashed, and her cheeks have been pinched. She says she worked with CBS news or something? Then wrote about her widow? Now she's writing about sex and dating. Come on, who cares? She's a princess? Okay, whatever, any girl can be a princess if she finds a stupid prince. It doesn't matter. She's like, oh yeah I'm seeing this roady of aerosmith, and I like to be all hippy like like...peace and love and all that shit. She bores me, and she's annoying already.

At this point, who cares to meet new "housewives". I know I don't. Maybe one at a time, but not all at once. Bravo made a dumb decision and I bet there will be less viewers and I don't see a season 6 coming. Maybe there will be more views when the meltdowns occur. Andy Cowen made a stupid decision by giving Kelly and Jill the ax. You also wonder how much is orchestrated like any reality show.

Ramona--Ramona is to Pinot Grigio as a fly is to shit. She is rude, and excuses herself by saying, "I have the unfiltered mouth". You sure do, and you need to check yourself into detox or rehab, because you drink like an old crusty fish. You need a reality check, you deny everything you do wrong, and if you get caught doing something wrong, or if you said something rude you say, "It wasn't my intention to hurt you". Bullshit then why did you say it? She's so caught up in her delusion that she has a perfect life selling her cheap looking jewelry and skincare line, and come on...Mario has been cheating. If I were him, I know I would. Someone needs to slap Ramona is the face.

Luann, I like her. But she also needs to actually do something. She desperately clings to her title, even though the count has been gone for a long time. I like Jacques. He's so weird but also kind of good looking so it's funny to see his reaction to things. Luann, get over yourself, you aren't going to get pregnant. Why don't you do something useful with yourself? I don't know how long it will be until she scares Jacques away.

Sonja, you dried up vag. Lol...no but for real. This show is made so you can hate some of them or all of them. But, when it comes to the new girls, I really don't care. But I will stay tuned.
  • I honestly watch this show and think if this is having money...I want to stay poor. However I do watch it and find it somewhat entertaining. Kinda like watching monkeys at the zoo.

Countess Lu ann de Lesseps - What a wannabe. I totally agree with the member who called her Lu Ann the Classless. What is up with telling a 10 year old girl she needed to lose weight in front of all those other children. Way to crush her spirit you B****. I feel for her poor daughter. I love when her daughter is excited about buying clothes at goodwill. Notice how Countess says she needs to go cloths shopping after that. What a snob. Her book is such a JOKE. She is obviously so miserable with herself, that is why she wants to write a book to judge others. Typical.
  • Being originally from New York, I knew these women would not be fun to watch. Socialites from New York City are not fun people.

When I first heard about this show I told my wife that New York City socialites would not be fun to watch. I was right. The Orange County wives are fun. They drink, they wear bikinis and they love life. Socialites in NYC are not fun people and are very insulated from the rest of the world. They don't have fun and they spend their time trying to one up each other in the style section of the paper. They are basically Leona Helmsley wannabes. Their lives are sad and I didn't have any fun watching them. I did think Ramona and her party pals were fun but they didn't have much screen time together. Now if they showed Ramona and her bikini clad party pals drinking their way through the beaches of the Hamptons in one summer... that would be a good show!
  • Ramona season 5

What the hell is wrong with this woman. I have heard nothing but nasty coments from her mouth and her telling people she is like this because she was mentaly abused as a child. Well so was i but as she said in a recent episode abused people usually keep it to themselves and don't go shoving it in peoples faces. Also why can she not learn from this and treat people with a bt of respect. She resently said all women can have everything. Well if they did she wouldn't have anyone to cook clean and unpack her cases for her. As for not wanting to be in Lu Anns music vidio because is doesn't give a good impression to her daughter, how does showing your knickers while having butt treatment on camera work . Try growing old gracefully and showing your daughter that speaking to people and treating them as you would like to treated is more important. She said she had reinvented herself and she is a new Ramona but not for the better.
  • Watching this show…I have been surprised at the conceit...

LuAnn, a lady and/or countess tries to makes sure those around her are comfortable. Constantly reminding and correcting people to address you as a countess is void of good manners, it leaves your reputation tarnished and you looking silly.

Ramona your husband is can be very aggressive and act very childish. I was so surprised when I saw the way he treated Jill regarding the tennis match. What is you and your husbands point…who cares if Jill decided on her own partner…was decision is that of yours. Live and Let Live.

Alex you and your husband have a serious toddler problem. Your children act out because you let them. If this continues you will have very spoiled grade schoolers to deal with.
  • I NEVER BLOG. BUT, THESE TO LADIES ARE CRAZY... HELP THEM. PLEASE READ!!!!!

Lu ann is such a snob!I can appreaciate that she does charity work. But,now your the queen of"manners". Well, having manners is not cutting someone's head of for calling your obvious old husband old. All the other husbands seem involved with the wife, he looks like her sugar daddy. Also, she seems like the model that "lucked out" on finding some old guy to take care of her. She needs to stop being so judgemental of everyone. Most people that are that why feel they need to point out people's flaws to make themselves feel better. Such as, pointing out how Bethenny needs airbrushing or how big ramona's eyes are. Then she's like "I am so surprised she would continue to talk about the issue" Well at least the Bethenny is ten times more beautiful than you and deal with it. STOP!!! trying to make yourself feel superior...You have a title of whatever!! isn't that enough?
    Oh and this lady simon's wife or should I say his long hair freaky looking twin. Anywho!! This couple brag about spending all this money on clothes... Their house looks like trash... " Oh we are remoldling". How can you have these people on your show my god. They are OBVIOUSLY nobody's compared to the other ladies status. They trying to break into the New York social life!!! They are just doing the show for some kind of fame. If the socialite's would see their home the would shun them... They feel privilage to have a kiddie pool!!!!! I have one those that make me high society. I don't think siomn's gay ..I'll give him that. But, they are far off high class, I don't care if you are remoldling that house looks more dirty and cluttered than last season.....

Please someone put some makeup on Alex I can barely see her, some white strips on her teeth and eyeshadow pleaseeeee atleast...
  • For all RHONY fans!

Dear RHONY-fans! Would you please help me out by filling in this survey for my thesis? It only takes a couple of minutes and you will help me out a loooooot! 413219

• Like it so far, could be better.

Some say wannabe OC wives but I think BravoTV is giving you a look at upper class life in on the East and West coast. No one is trying to be like the other one. It'll have to grow on me because I have to get use to a different set of wives, but I love looking @ the variations in New York and California's high society. New York seems a lot more business versus fun-free "nothing-can-go-wrong" California. And its not like the housewives from Cali are friends with the housewives from New York, so I don't think we have a copycat situation especially where the countess is concern. One downfall is that the NY wives don't seem to have any child at the driving age which was one of the things that made Orange County housewives show a lot more interested. There was something for everybody. Here the children are extremely young. It would've been nice if they'd added an older housewife maybe. Overall, I'm enjoying it so far....hope it gets better though because the show definitely needs some tweaking @ this point.
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW! DON'T EVER TAKE IT OFF THE AIR! TRUE, HONEST, FORTHRIGHT... A POSSIBLE BETHANNYISM..."BRING IT OR STAY HOME"! Which many of you naysayers should do, just STAY HOME and never venture out into society!

This show is fabulous! NY women are always REAL, straight forward, honest, smart and hard-working. Have to be; NY is a hard town and it takes a LOT to be successful. What you see is what you get on this show. I LOVE this show! And they give you a free insight on society living, when you would otherwise have NO opportunity to learn what goes on, and how to manage in the fold. Keep it up, ladies! Countess de Lesseps, you have shown class, mediation, friendship, calmness .. a real example of how to be a friend and a wonderful role model. Bravo!