The opening credit sequence of a television show is the "Hello My Name Is..." sticker of the television world. And just like any greeting, it can range in tone from a formal "How do you do?" to a casual "'Sup?" to the annoying invasion of personal space and destroyer of decency that is a leaping, wrap-its-legs-around-you hug. Or, in Homeland's case, a screaming-in-your-face-and-then-socking-you-in-the-stomach attack. I wouldn't be dumb enough to declare that the quality of a credit sequence affects the quality of the show it represents, but you can glean a lot about a program from its credit sequence alone. 

Today I'm looking at the credit sequences for new comedies that launched in the last year or so (I'll tackle the dramas next week) and grading them according to a few incredibly scientific factors: Does the sequence accurately represent the show? Is the music not terrible? Do I want to watch it again? Did the people who made it even even try?

Here they are, in totally random order!

Mom

Some people deal with sordid, regrettable pasts by compartmentalizing whatever bad memories they have and starting fresh. Others keep mementos of their lowest lows as encouragement to stay on the straight and narrow. Apparently Mom's Christy falls in the latter camp, because her living room is adorned with photos of her stripping, breaking and entering, getting hammered in a shopping cart, and posing for a mug shot. Is this a clever way of telling us that Christy is a reformed party girl? Or are these decorating disasters simply a sign that Christy could really use a subscription to Martha Stewart Living? Either way, point taken, and we mostly have an idea of what the show. Plus, the classical music—a unique choice that stands out from the muzak of most other comedy intros—indicates that the lazy sex jokes Chuck Lorre shows are known for will be held to a minimum... like maybe only 75 percent of all gags. GRADE: C

Trophy Wife

There's the upbeat muzak I was talking about! But you have to respect the way this intro lays out the Trophy Wife's bizarre family structure as simply as it can. She's the trophy wife! That other lady is the first wife and had those two kids! And another woman is the second wife and has an Asian son somehow! And now they're all together and it's kind of sad because they can only afford one couch and the trophy wife is hogging it all up. Share the couch, trophy wife! Other people want to sit down! And take off your shoes if you're going to put your feet on it! Yikes, there is SO much couch disrespect happening in this intro. But otherwise, it's great to acceptable—somewhere in that range. GRADE: B

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

This one is fantastic. It's all, "Heyyyyy there's gonna be a party goin' on in here!" with a theme song full of strong brass, breakbeat drums, and whatever that DRRR DRRR DRRRR is. Plus it tells you the names of the actors who will be making you laugh! Shows just don't do that enough anymore; these days, they're always flashing the cast members' names while the actual episode is rolling, and then the names don't even match up to the people on screen and you end up thinking Josh Holloway is Evangeline Lilly for three years (true story)! But Brooklyn Nine-Nine spells everything out plain and simple. What's more, this intro captures each character at his or her most character-y, so you immediately know that Stephanie Beatriz will kill you and that Joe Lo Truglio is only here to stub his toe for cheap laughs. But the best part is Andre Braugher's portion, because he doesn't actually do anything in it. And that's what makes him funny. Maybe this sequence is why Brooklyn Nine-Nine won the Golden Globe for being funny even though—let's be real—it didn't deserve it, at least not yet. GRADE: B+

The Goldbergs

Oh man, remember VHS tapes? The Goldbergs does. This is one of those dynamic intros, where the last frame of the episode's cold open is frozen into the opening credits, and then the first frame from the next scene appears on that crappy TV set. I love that—it's like a new treat every time you watch the show! And because The Goldbergs is all about series creator Adam F. Goldberg's memories of his actual family—which he documented himself by annoyingly and incessantly filming home movies, just like the character of Adam does on the show—this intro is spot-on match. Yet, aside from some bitchin' keytar (is there any other kind of keytar?), it's also kind of boring. I would have preferred an explosion of Rubik's Cubes, Alf dolls, and shoulder pads all scored by a Speak N' Spell, but a VCR with big buttons will have to do. GRADE: C+

The Wrong Mans

I have yet to finish Hulu's imported comedy about two blokes who inadvertently get caught up in a criminal enterprise (I've heard it's quite good), but watching this compilation of Season 1's half-dozen titles makes me want to get back to it soon. Sure, they're just text with a shadow effect or italics that drop into or materialize from a scene, but these credits are simplicity at its best. They feel Hitchcockian, which seems perfect for this mystery caper. And because they bleed into the action of each episode, they don't even break the rhythm of the show like a traditional opening sequence might. It's like, "Hey, we don't even want to tell you the name of what you're watching but we feel like we have to, so here it is—and we'll make it kinda cool—but let's get back to the action!" Awesome. GRADE: A-

Back in the Game

Personally, I liked Back in the Game. But the show always had a gender identity problem that made it difficult to sell. It was about baseball! But it was also about a chick! I don't know if it was ever comfortable being a show about a girl and family relationships and kids AND sports. It's almost like it really wanted to grab its crotch and spit all the time, but didn't out of respect to its lady center. These credits scream, "WAIT WAIT WAIT two dudes made this show! Listen to the tough-guy stock music! And look, the first several images are of men, not women! We unnecessarily divided the screen into 20 squares! And now we'll dust off home plate because uhhh... and then, umm... here are the names of the guys who created the show." This is a mess. And there will never be a good credit sequence that exclusively uses images and video from the actual show. Only a Hanley Ramirez level of effort went into this. (Baseball joke, Hanley Ramirez is lazy.) GRADE: D

Super Fun Night

I guess this intro is a pretty good indication of what you'll get if you are unfortunate enough to watch an episode of Super Fun Night: Rebel Wilson over-emoting, Rebel Wilson singing, Rebel Wilson dancing, and other characters trying to stay out of her way. I'm guessing they shot this between takes of another scene? Anyway, I gave credit to Brooklyn Nine-Nine for showing us actors' names, so I will begrudgingly do the same here while also risking all my masculinity by saying I liked the sparkly font the names are set in. I haven't watched this show in a while because I'm trying to be the opposite of angry in 2014, but isn't Kate Jenkinson's character Kimmie's arch rival? Why are they dancing together? Did Cobra Commander dance with Sgt. Slaughter in the beginning of G.I. Joe? I've watched this intro 10,000 times, and I'm still disappointed that Kimmie never lights herself on fire or gets flattened by a steamroller barreling down the street. Make it happen just once, please? GRADE: D-

The Michael J. Fox Show

Wow, talk about a humdrum opening! This has to be one of the laziest TV credit sequences of the last 20 years. Is this a comedy about a family that likes to have a good time by sitting on a bench and sometimes spinning around circles? Those vacant stares and forced laughs don't look very funny to me. In fact, I think this might be a recruiting video for a cult. GRADE: F

The Crazy Ones

The first thing that assaults my senses in The Crazy Ones' intro is the video-game menu screen music; it's the kind of tune that comes with a Mario Kart knockoff and makes you want to defenestrate your GameCube. Argh! Press the start button QUICK! The giant billboard ads of the actors looming over Chicago fit the show's setting and premise, but why do Hamish Linklater and Amanda Setton have better ad designs than series stars Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar? And poor James Wolk has the worst of the bunch. This whole credit sequence is entirely average, but hey, at least it's better than Robin Williams doing impressions. GRADE: C

Hello Ladies

What made Hello Ladies such a great show was that after all the awkward comedy of Stuart failing to get some 'tang in Los Angeles, each episode would close with a poignant and depressing moment where Stuart was trapped in a sad, hellhole of loneliness. Despite his irrational and selfish behavior, we couldn't help but root for the guy after we saw what he came home to. But one good thing about Stuart was that he sure knew how to take defeat and bounce right back; he was always upbeat about his prospects. That's all laid out here in this brilliant intro that pits one man against an entire dream-crushing city. He's at a club full of ladies sitting by himself, he's gonna get hit by a car because he's rubbernecking a pretty passing pedestrian, he's rejected at a late-night diner, and then he's shopping for one in the frozen-food aisle of a grocery store. Brutal! And it's all amplified by a perfectly paired theme song in Hall & Oates' excellent "Been Alone Too Long," an equally optimistic ditty about crawling out of the death trap that is single life. Finally, at 41 seconds, it's just long enough to let you start to settle in, before leaving just as you want a little more. I could watch this one all day. GRADE: A

Devious Maids

[Ignore the first four seconds of the video above, they're from an individual episode.] 

The art of the quick intro is tricky, but this Devious Maids shorty nails it. I already know what I'm going to get from the series without seeing a single frame: Murder! Maids! And not just any maids, maids of a devious nature! And not just any maids of a devious nature, Latina maids of a devious nature, as indicated by the plucky Spanish music! This intro says, "Watch me and stuff your face with ice cream and wine coolers and don't answer the phone and who cares if your kid is crying and it doesn't matter that your OK Cupid account has zero activity because you are about to see some spicy maids acting devious and you're going to like it and not tell everyone that this is your favorite show." Basically.  GRADE: B+

Orange Is the New Black

This is probably the most divisive entry of the bunch. I really liked the first season of Orange Is the New Black. The first time I saw these credits, my foot tapped, I may have drummed my desk with a pencil, and I was captivated by the stills of women's eyes and mouths intercut with artsy shots of prison life. And Regina Spektor's theme song has some real power behind it. But man oh man, after a couple viewings, I didn't want to see this intro ever again, and I quickly learned that all I had to do to skip it was fast forward to the 1:15 mark each time I started a new episode. It was the best lifehack I've ever taught myself! This opening is guilty of an intro sequence's biggest sin: It is not re-watchable at all. And if you do accidentally sit through it, that damn song is stuck in your head all day. From a pretentious, artistic standpoint, it's very good. But in the everyday world of television viewing, it's too long and too repetitive. GRADE: D

Which of these opening credits sequences are your favorites?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 11/21/2016

Season 11 : Episode 21

95 Comments
Comments (95)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Nitpick: The Hall & Oates song from Ladies Man is named "Alone Too Long", not "Been Alone Too Long" as mentioned in the article. If you search for the latter on iTunes, you won't find it.
Flag
Oops, that should be Hello Ladies.
Flag
I also submit that Tim needs to withdraw his comment: "And there will never be a good credit sequence that exclusively uses images and video from the actual show." While most shows that do this have pretty bad credit sequences, there is always an exception. Funny that the comment is about "Back in the Game" starring Maggie Lawson, because one need look no further than the show she's better known for to find this exception: "Psych". The opening credits only use video from the show, but it's a good opener in many ways. It may mostly be due to that great theme song, but still...
Flag
If you think the MJF intro is lazy you should watch "The Millers".. annoying music set to a flash of very bad photoshops of the cast doing ridiculous family things.
Flag
I think the best one is Brooklyn Nine-Nine followed by Hello Ladies. Man, that show had one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a series.
Flag
"Hello Ladies" deserves an A+.
Flag
The WORST new sequence has FX animated show CHOZEN. Really. Watch it, there's nothing, just the title on black background with "yo yo yo yo..." being shouted at you.
Flag
next time drama. winner is True Detective
Flag
Homeland's intro is similar to OITNB in that it is WAY too long it makes me cringe and promptly hit the FF.
Flag
The Wrong Mans was baaaad, 2 eps of James Corden and I was done!!
Flag
Thank you! I can't stand OITNB's opening! It feels soo long, Unfortunately, I'm lazy so I sat through it all 13 times.
Flag
Staff
What The Crazy Ones did to James Wolk's face should be illegal.
Flag
Also, I know this is just for comedies and I'll say this again when you do the dramas, but I ABSOLUTELY DETEST and DESPISE Intelligence's opening credit sequence. I want to kill it with fire.
Flag
Lets be serious here, Brooklyn Nine Nine was the best of the choices at this years golden Globes.

(I think there are plenty better shows out there that deserve it more and get over looked but B99 was the best of their choices)
Flag
Ehhhh, I guess my favorite of the group is Brooklyn Nine-Nine's. I never particularly thought "Hey, I like this" as I saw it, but it's quick enough to not be annoying, and as has been said, it fits the show pretty damn well.

Yep, OITNB's credit sequence, by itself, seems really good. But having watched the first season 3 times now, I remember fast forwarding past it MOST times, but not every time. I think it's because the music doesn't bother me, but it's still boring... so sometimes I'd just let it sit for the minute while my mind goes elsewhere.

The Wrong Mans -- I don't watch the show, but honestly, that credit sequence kinda makes me want to. It's probably my second favorite. It has a really good balance between not caring and caring, hehe.

I watched about 10 episodes of the MJ Fox Show, and every single time, I hated its credit sequence. It immediately made me bored of the show already. It's the worst.

The Crazy Ones -- I don't mind the visuals, I do mind the music. Then again, it interests me a tiny bit when I note the irony every time I see it that the show is about ads and jingles, and yet their own credit sequence is just Oh oh oh Oh oh oh Oh oh oh Oh oh oh OHOOHOHOHOHOHHHHHHOHHHH.

More+
Flag
I don't really watch comedies so can't really comment on these shows, but I agree that more shows should do the opening credit sequences with the actors and the actors' names. It got kind of "trendy" to something shorter, or even to just open with the title, around the time Lost did that, but the thing is Lost was truly an ensemble show, with a large and constantly rotating cast, so they truly could not have done an opening sequence with all the actors. But I was disappointed, for instance, that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. just went with the title opening, when previous Joss Whedon shows have always had a larger opening sequence (even Dollhouse, and that just, like, 20 shots of Eliza Dushku in different get-ups), and when you consider that S.H.I.E.L.D. has a very definitive cast of 5 people. They could have done something really cool.

Then again, Grimm did title-only in its first season, and then went to a longer opening sequence in Season 2, and I hate it. The title alone with the creepy music worked much better.

Anyway, sorry this is kind of an off-topic comment since it's not about these comedies lol.
More+
Flag
I was with you right up until you started talking about "Grimm". I actually like the longer sequence, personally. But maybe that's just me.
Flag
Heh yeah, I know I'm in the minority on that one. I'm not sure what it is, but I've never liked that opening sequence, even after they got rid of the voiceover. I just don't like the look of the graphics, the greenish-tinge... IDK :)
Flag
the neighbors' theme song is new to this season and solid.

I watch trophy wife, brooklyn nine nine, the goldbergs, the wrong mans, the crazy ones and watched hello ladies. for the most part I'd say none really bothered me. I actually enjoy the crazy ones'. upbeat, short and I would argue that hamish, setton and wolk all have decent ones, not just setton and hamish.

I have more to say on the drama intros, so many bad ones.
Flag
I love the opening sequence of Brooklyn Nine-Nine:)
Flag
Where's "Shameless"? I like the way they introduce all the characters doing various gross bathroom-like things while some post-Nuevo new wave song is blasting overhead
Flag
Shameless isn't a new show, so it wouldn't be on this list
Flag
I think OITNB's theme song is actually great, but runs into the same issue that most premium cable theme songs run into--it's just too long. There's no denying that Dexter opening sequence is fantastic, but you don't necessarily feel like spending all that time watching a theme song every week. Same goes here, maybe doubly so since chances are you're binge-watching OITNB. Best theme song for a new comedy goes to Brooklyn Nine-Nine, easily. It's simple but effective. I also really like Enlisted's opening. I chat with one of the Enlisted showrunners and a couple cast members on this week's podcast: http://www.untemperedtv.com/?p=320
Flag
You neglected to mention, re: "Super Fun Night" that they were totally butchering...er, I mean singing, a song originally done by Queen. Actually, no: I DO mean totally butchering. That should take points away.
Flag
IMHO the wrong call on OITNB. Fantastic sequence....could watch it over and over again.
Flag
I do agree 100 % about the intro for Orange ... but I fast forward to 1:19 mark each time I start a new episode ;)
Flag
Its still 'Archer'. Closest thing to 'perfect opening' you are going to get. (This site seems to forget 'Archer' exists though which I cannot understand.) Also, if its a comedy 'Shameless' is the perfect opening. Set to The High Strung's 'The Luck You Got' around the Gallagher toilet that tells a little about all of them. Doesn't get any better than that.

And its leaving us soon but there is no better opening theme song EVER on a comedy than 'Psych'. I am really going to be missing 'I Know You Know' by The Friendly Indians too soon. Most sing-a-long-able opener of any show on television. Just makes you feel good.

Flag
+1 on the Psych front. having redone the song for a handful of episodes and also included the song at various lengths, I've always enjoyed it.
Flag
Archer also has the best opening scene from a first episode I have ever seen.
You can tell after about two minutes if you are going to love it or hate it.
Love the Psych song too. :)
Flag
B 911 and The Goldbergs....best comedies out there, right next to Modern Family. I also really like Enlisted.
Flag
I watch enlisted but I can't help but feel it a huge disappointment. I had high hopes for it.
Flag
Super Fun Night's theme song is the only thing I like about the show
Flag
Brooklyn Nine-Nine's is the best! It reminds me of "Sabotage" by The Beastie Boys, but funnier! Because "Sabotage" was pretty dang funny. Should be an A+. Not only that, I agree that I like a show to include the actor's names with their image. I think it makes the actors more important. Instead of just brushing by their names as a scene is going on, which no one pays attention to. Second place goes to The Goldbergs. Catchy little jingle that fits the show well.
Flag
I agree I love Chelsea Peretti the most on the show, and when she raises her hands and the colour dash crosses through her arms and her name is sshown with that expression it's funny till now 15 times. Even Andy Samberg is funny and not at all hateable on this show.
Flag
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Flag
Hmm, OiNB, comedy? Hmm, Okay. I liked the opening credits because in focusing in on the closeup the credits mimics the end point of the season: we end up with detailed stories of the real people behind what were initially just scary stereotypes. How terribly profound of me, I think a glass of port is indicated....
Flag
The Brooklyn Nine-Nine opening reminds me of a '70s cop show, like Barney Miller. That's great! I like the one for Hello, Ladies, too.
Flag
Brooklyn Nine Nine opening sequence is straight A. Big Fail Tim!
Flag
While reading the post I realised that I only had seen one of those comedies this season. So I watched all the opening credits and tried to feel if I would want to see the series and if it made clear what kind of series it was.

My favourite is Brooklyn Nine Nine. It just fits the series. The music is just off for a serious police series, making it just right.

The Wrong Mans made me feel like it was a serious Danish crime series. I am now in doubt to see some episodes as I'm not sure I will like that as a comedy.

I would watch Hallo Ladies and Devious Maids, but I'm sure I like the premise

And last but also least, I will never watch Super Fun Night based on these credits. Too much over the top.

It showed me how important the music is in these credits. Even more then in the show itself.
Flag
I haven't watched any of those shows. Didn't watch the credit sequences, either.
Flag
But you read the comments.... Take the time and watch the credits in this post. It's just a few minutes and will give you an impression. I love the feel of credits as they ofteh give a fist impressuon of the series.
Flag
So, which one is the one you watch? Mine is "The Crazy Ones".
Flag
My first reaction is 'Wrong Mans' as I love Danish crime series.
Flag
Hello Ladies......its So SaD!!!
Flag
Oh, and you forgot Dads (I don't blame you), so here goes: As crap as the show is, I actually like the credits. Pretty pictures and a nice little song. Doesn't light the world on fire, but pretty good. Rating: B (Sat through two whole episodes)
Flag
Dads is Brutal!
Flag
I like opening credits sequences. To me, they're part of the ritual of watching a show. This fad of not having one (because Lost didn't have one probably) really gets on my nerves. Anyhow, here's my own ratings:

Mom: Barely better than just a black screen with the title. Plus the music really doesn't fit the tone of the show (though that's also a criticism of the show itself) Rating: C (Watched three episodes)

Trophy Wife: The "first wife/second wife" thing is out of place, and most of the pictures look dumb (and not in a funny way). Not a fan. Rating: C- (Never watched)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Now this I like. Catchy music, perfect length, and like Tim, I like knowing the actors' names without resorting to IMDb. Rating: A (Watched every episode)

The Goldbergs: See what I said about Mom, except for the music thing. Rating: C+ (Never watched)

The Wrong Mans: It's basically the Lost thing I just complained about but a bit more stylized. I'll admit it looks cool, though. Rating: C+ (Never even heard of it)

Back in the Game: The music is completely generic, but the montage looks cool. Not bad. Rating: B+ (Never watched)

Super Fun Night: Completely insufferable. What is this shit. Rating: F (Never watched, thank God)

Michael J. Fox Show: 1995 called. They want their shit credits back. Rating: E (Watched the pilot)

The Crazy Ones: Not a fan of the music, but I like the concept. Solid. Rating: B+ (Never watched.)

Hello Ladies: Love it. Actually makes me want to watch the show now, actually. Rating: A+ (Never watched)

Devious Maids: See The Wrong Mans. Same reasons, same rating. Rating: C+ (And also never heard of it)

Orange is the New Black: It's obviously too long for its own good, especially for a Netflix series made to be binge-watched, but I still love it. I haven't skipped it once. Would have been A+ if thirty seconds shorter. Rating: A (Watched the whole thing in day)
More+
Flag
Actually I really, really, really want OitNB to do what they did with weeds and have a different musician each week to put there spin on the song. It was just another thing to look forward to each week. If they cut the time of the intro, there will be that much less to listen to your favourite version of the song.
Flag
Love Brooklyn's retro style.
Flag
OitNB and Goldbergs are great. the others i have no idea since i dont watch them
Flag
I don't know about Orange Is The New Black. I guess it's about personal perception, but it hasn't bothered me when I've watched the first season, quite on the contrary, it was often a nice break from the prison craziness.

Also, can someone finally tell me why OITNB is considered a comedy? Cause I feel like my definition for comedy is broken or something.
Flag
Your definition of comedy probably isn't broken.

OITNB is like Jenji Kohan's previous show, Weeds, and basically every show on Showtime. They're not exactly dramas, they're not exactly comedies. So they're comedic dramas... or dramedies... or dark comedies... etc.

The reason shows like OITNB, Weeds, Californication, Shameless, House of Lies, Nurse Jackie, etc. are considered comedies are because they're all satirical. Not only are you not really supposed to take them seriously like a lot of dramas, but they use humor all throughout the show... just maybe not the setup-punchline LOL kind of humor.
Flag
To me, it's like Shameless; it's mostly a comedy, but it doesn't shy away from drama when it's the right time. And then it kicks you in the face so hard you realize you care more about its characters than those of "real comedies" and even "real dramas".
Flag
OitNB is very funny at times....it's not a straight up comedy...more like a dark comedy
Flag
Trophy Wife and Mom! Great comedy Hilarious!

secondly Super fun nights, devious maids (kinda filling in for desperate housewives).
the last ones are the goldbergs and back in the game, not great but watch-able.
the others not mentioned in my comment are so awful bad. I stopped watching after the pilot. and I didn't even finished that till the end of the episode.
Flag
So you thought Mom was awesome and Brooklyn Nine Nine was awful, but I shouldn't attack you for having an opinion right?
Flag
yes thank god we all can have our own opinion, taste!
Flag
Mom and Trophy Wife: uneventful, and will be forgotten with the shows.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine: The trope of introducing each actor is tiring and unnecessary, but this one has good points, because soon we know who the most annoying character is (Sandberg's) and the disapproving stare of Andre Braugher is priceless, saying, let's cut out this useless intro and start with this show already!

The Goldbergs: it would be nice to have some meaningful movement in the VHS images, and I had a VCR back in the 80s and it was not THAT old, it was pretty much normal and smaller actually, and the image was better.

The Wrong Mans: OK< OK, I have an idea of the show. But why MANS???? The only thing I wanted to know is not answered.

Back in the Game: This one got me zero interest in a show I had zero interest watching. Congratulations for the consistency!

Super Fun Night: OK, I get it, they are SUPER FUN! A super fat lady who has super fun instead of facing her weight issues. Well, who says fat people can't be fun, of course they can. But superfun when you have issues in your life that need attention is denial.

The Michael J. Fox Show: The 1980s called and they want their credits back! It's a mix of Full House and Family Ties.

The Crazy Ones: This one I actually enjoy, and the pictures tell a lot about the characters. I think the mismatched billboard pictures are due to a battle of egos and different personal publicists. Robin Williams looks like an Uncle Sam Figure, so it's great. Sarah Michelle Gellar is incredibly photoshopped with all that special lighting and makeup, but hey, Sarah, you're not 22 anymore and you're not superhot like when you did Buffy, so don't even try. Hammish Linklatter is a natural comedic star in spite of his subservient role, and they did his picture right. And James Wolf doesn't want to look like the good-looking guy only (he's actually very funny), so he wants to emphasize that, hence the supposedly "careless" laughing picture. Amanda Setton is the office elegant hottie, always with impeccable makeup and elegant suits and an ironic attitude. The picture reflects her "perfectness" very well. And the music reflects the mood of the show, not some silly video game.

Hello Ladies: perfect in every aspect. I could watch this every time. Pity I don't actually watch the show. totally in the mood the show is supposed to be.

Devious Maids. Argh! So of course, a Latin upbeat tune is synonymous of maids in the US. there must be a social law in the US saying that only Latinas can be maids there. Not a bit racist....

Orange is the New Black: This one is for you if you... got... time... to be watching incomplete ugly faces. I'd fast-forward it by the second episode.
More+
Flag
also I share your sentiments on the crazy ones exactly.
Flag
"why the wrong mans?" it's a play on 'the wrong man' and rather than be "the wrong men" they opted for cute and improper pluralization and went with mans.
Flag
I didn't know natives did that. Kind of makes me think of Le Mans...
Flag
never seen it done before just kind of get why they did it. it also fits the unorthodoxy of the show too IMO. the show being one long series of events cut into segments much like the TV series 24. also very much a dark comedy.
Flag
I watch the first episode's opening credits for every show, and then I never watch another one again. All I need is a title card, and then show me the story and flash the actors names across the bottom so I can disregard them I say.
Flag
Orange is the New Black has the best opening credits, it's powerful and meaningful to the show.
Flag
hello Ladies is my fav
Flag
Orange Is the New Black - D? Really?
Flag
When I watched Orange is the New Black I would open a new window and look at something with the music in the background because I like the music but the visual like Tim said becomes painful to watch over and over again.
Flag
I don't mind having a Regina Spektor song stuck in my head all day...
Flag
Brooklyn 99
Flag
Oh, and I fully agree with Orange..! At first I also thought "Oh wow, Regina Spektor!" and was impressed but then, well, never re-watched the intro again. It's just so damn long!
Flag
I actually like Goldbergs: the tune fits and is listenable and the gimmick with the video works. Also, it's too short to be boring.
Flag
I agree with The Wrong Mans and Brooklyn Nine Nine (both shows and openings are great). Archer Vice is a good one, but you have to know the show to get why, so maybe it doesn't belong here. But how do you leave out South Park????????? I changes, updates, gets political, does current events... all at a faster and funnier pace than the Simpsons intro. And the Simpsons intro is funny, often the best part of the show these days, these sad sad why-are-they-still-on-days. South Park goes from a normal intro to a Game of Thrones intro flawlessly.

can't wait for the Drama choices. Justified and Shameless. that is all you need to watch, the intro to Justified and Shameless. That is all.
Flag
It's a list for new comedies, that's why South Park is not there.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members