The Real World Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionIn Season

Real World 21: Brooklyn

realworlder

[1]May 16, 2008
    • level: 12

I guess it was only a matter of time before they returned to New York. Hopefully it's a good season.

http://www.observer.com/2008/real-world-brooklyn-real

Edited on 05/16/2008 3:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CollegeGrad

[2]May 17, 2008
    • level: 9

this show is super annoying. stop making episodes !

Please bow out gracefully real world.............and take the challenges with you

justinwestnet

[3]May 18, 2008
    • level: 17
    Brooklyn? There are a ton of good cities to choose from for their next season and they choose Brooklyn? Have you ever been there? It's a bore. Why not just move it back into NYC? Because you know they'll be in Manhattan all night drinking and probably working. Why not Dallas? Atlanta? Detroit? St. Louis? Washington DC? Stupid.

JennCrabtree

[4]May 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    Portland Oregon would be great. SO would Phoenix Arizona. And St Louis. Kansas City too

WaywardUsername

[5]May 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    great...just when you didn't think the show could get any lower. expect loads n loads of williamsburg hipster trash if u dare to watch

Mike2854

[6]May 26, 2008
    • level: 2

They will never be able to use Washington DC. I have lived here for 25 years and I doubt the clubs would allow the cameras in, and all the touristy stuff, thanks to 9/11, it is hard to film much of anything.

realworlder

[7]Jan 7, 2009
    I'm ready to see this new season. I think that the RW producers are moving closer to what the show was originally about. There seems to be a lot of interesting people who's differences will come into play. There's a lot in the preview that I can't wait to see. I wonder how they'll do the opening now that eight people will be on the show? I can't believe I've been watching this show for seven years now.

orangemann327

[8]Jan 8, 2009
    • level: 23

realworlder wrote:
    I'm ready to see this new season. I think that the RW producers are moving closer to what the show was originally about. There seems to be a lot of interesting people who's differences will come into play. There's a lot in the preview that I can't wait to see. I wonder how they'll do the opening now that eight people will be on the show? I can't believe I've been watching this show for seven years now.

Only seven? Sadly (well not really b/c my first was my favorite season), this will be my tenth year, I started with Hawaii.

So far, I like this season, not love it. The people all seem to have something to bring to the table, but the first episode was so much about Katelynn, so I'm hoping that changes. My favorite is Ryan so far. Being from a small town myself, he reminded me of so many of my friends.

demonnaruto13

[9]Jan 8, 2009
    • level: 19
    They should really stop using places like NYC all the time a real world Long Beach or a Real World Antlanta

realworlder

[10]Feb 9, 2009

That whole Orville Redenbacher thing was funny as s**t.

Devin is the most annoying person on this season. She really needs to get over Scott. She's made hundreds of comments about their so-called attraction to each other and he's made two. And since when does bringing home different women make you a bad person? I know women are crazy, but damn...

I hope Katelynn comes clean with everyone next week. It's funny that the people who she decided not to tell were the very first to know.

orangemann327

[11]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 23
    realworlder wrote:

Devin is the most annoying person on this season. She really needs to get over Scott. She's made hundreds of comments about their so-called attraction to each other and he's made two. And since when does bringing home different women make you a bad person? I know women are crazy, but damn...

I hope Katelynn comes clean with everyone next week. It's funny that the people who she decided not to tell were the very first to know.

Completely agree.

Is it me or does everything Katelynn do (or is featured for doing on the show) have to do with her transgender status? I just find it annoying.

realworlder

[12]Feb 10, 2009
    orangemann327 wrote:
    realworlder wrote:

Completely agree.

Is it me or does everything Katelynn do (or is featured for doing on the show) have to do with her transgender status? I just find it annoying.

It's expected. Part of the reason it's been focused on is the interest that people in the house have shown in it. And it's also the first time someone like her has been cast on the show. It's not like she's done much to deflect attention away from it.

realworlder

[13]Feb 15, 2009

Next weeks episode looks promising. I really hope the guys let Devin's fiance know that she's got another guy. She's the biggest f**kin' hypocrite in the world. She's calling out Scott over talking to two girls and she's doing the same damn thing.

This past weeks episode just proved once again how annoying the girls are.

SPDShadowRanger

[14]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 72
    The guys are starting to annoy me. J.D. is an idiot. He talks about how he sympathizes with Katelynn because of her being transgendered, then a few weeks later he makes jokes about it. What an **** Then the guys act like girls are inferior to them and they are smarter when they aren't. Plus, how can they say Baya is annoying when she hasn't done anything? (or it was not shown) Not to mention the girls have not even done anything that is extremely annoying. The guys, especially J.D., need a reality check. And now looking at the preview for the rest of the season, J.D. talks about how they are talking behind the guys back, yet that is exactly what the guys are doing!
    Edited on 02/18/2009 8:03pm

realworlder

[15]Feb 18, 2009

SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    The guys are starting to annoy me. J.D. is an idiot. He talks about how he sympathizes with Katelynn because of her being transgendered, then a few weeks later he makes jokes about it. What an **** Then the guys act like girls are inferior to them and they are smarter when they aren't. Plus, how can they say Baya is annoying when she hasn't done anything? (or it was not shown) Not to mention the girls have not even done anything that is extremely annoying. The guys, especially J.D., need a reality check. And now looking at the preview for the rest of the season, J.D. talks about how they are talking behind the guys back, yet that is exactly what the guys are doing!

Other than Baya, everyone in the house has done something hypocritical at one-point-or-another. I like every guy in the house and I know that I would be taking part in everything they've done so far.

SPDShadowRanger

[16]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 72
    It's not the pranks though, it's the guy's attitudes.

KamakaLo

[17]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 22
    This season sucks! Its so boring!

realworlder

[18]Mar 5, 2009
    It's not boring, it's just different from what we've seen recently. I think the creators of the show are getting what they set out to do. These people have more to give than partying and hooking-up. I've really enjoyed this season. As someone mentioned in another thread, I hope they alternate between this type of season and the ones that we're used to.

justinwestnet

[19]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 17

realworlder wrote:
    It's not boring, it's just different from what we've seen recently. I think the creators of the show are getting what they set out to do. These people have more to give than partying and hooking-up. I've really enjoyed this season. As someone mentioned in another thread, I hope they alternate between this type of season and the ones that we're used to.

I agree. This season is way different. Most nights these guys aren't partying, but actually out working! Gasp! And when they do 'party', its just a low key bar night with some drinking afterwards at the house and no one is hooking up with one another. I like it. Nice change of pace and seems to be more 'real' than past seasons. I guess being in south brooklyn, its a pain to find a good place to drink and party.