The Real World Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionIn Season

Real World: Back to New Orleans

realworlder

[1]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 12

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/real_back_to_nola_wlXkL6j4tA3ai6248PcaoM

Looks like MTV's "The Real World" is heading back to New Orleans.

The veteran reality show's ninth season (2000) was set in New Orleans, and it now appears that MTV is advertising for production assistants (PAs) to help out with another, post-Katrina "Real World: New Orleans."

The industry site vevmo.com says an ad for PAs posted by Bunim-Murray Productions -- which produces "The Real World" -- is almost exactly the same as a posting BMP took out when it was looking for PAs for "The Real World: Washington, DC."

According to the new BMP ad, the production assistant would work from Dec. 2 (two weeks ago) through May 12, a total of 23 weeks. The location is listed as "New Orleans."

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_real_world_24/2009_Dec_17_new_orleans_return

MTV's The Real World is likely heading back to a city that hosted it 10 years ago: New Orleans. The show's ninth season was filmed there and was broadcast in 2000, and based on job listings, it looks like it will be returning.

The 10th anniversary seems to be an excellent excuse to return to the city, and could help distract from the obvious criticism that the show has run out of cities, having filmed in New York three times. Conveniently, they'd be filming during Mardi Gras.

Vevmo's Bacchus found job listings for PAs needed from December through May, and those job listings are identical to ones production company Bunim-Murray posted in Washington before filming the 23rd season. The ad says the nameless company is "shooting a documentary ****show in New Orleans."

There's also ajob listing for PAs and assistant camera crew members on the New Orleans Office of Film and Video's web site; they need people from now until May.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

justinwestnet

[2]Dec 27, 2009
    • level: 17
    Really?! new orleans!? boooooo. Dallas? Houston? San Antonio? Tampa? Portland? Phoenix? Minneapolis? Columbus? Nashville? Atlanta? Charleston? These are just a few cities that come to mind where they have NOT filmed a season. Pathetic MTV. Just lazy. Probably only in NO so they could do it during mardi gras. Lame.

realworlder

[3]Dec 27, 2009

I don't mind New Orleans as much simply because of all that has gone on there. I think filming there while they are rebuilding could be interesting and makes sense. I'd like to see them film more in cities that are involved in current events. They had the same thinking with picking D.C. during an election period unlike any other.

I am tired of them filming in the same places, though. They've filmed three seasons in New York and I'm sure they'll film another there within the next decade. I'd add a Canadian city to your list. I can't believe they've never filmed a season there.

Edited on 12/27/2009 2:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.

realworlder

[4]May 20, 2010

June 30th is the premiere.

Skittles2008

[5]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 9
    this season suxs