The Real World

Wednesday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television Premiered May 21, 1992 In Season

TV123456

The Real World Fan Reviews (108)

• This show is way past it's prime but when there is nothing on and I flip it to MTV, I continue to watch this show.

This show has to be on the air because of people like me. The show is way past it's prime but for some reason I end up watching more then half of the episodes every year. Now the formula will go down in TV history, I still remember when the show was new and they said MTV is going to do a completely unscripted show and back then I just though MTV was so cheap and ghetto that it was the only way it could do a show. The result was something groundbreaking and interesting but after about 3-4 years of the Real World everyone knew what the show was about and the "newness" wore off but yet and still MTV continued to find people that would go on TV and make an ass out of themselves. Now there is about 15 years of this stuff on tape but yet and still they continue to find people that will go on TV and embarrass and exploit themselves. No one has made it big from being on this show and nothing really good has come from it for it's cast members and on top of that they continue to repeat the same crap that previous casts have done. They all get naked and jump in a hot tube, there is a homosexual in the group and they still seem to find that one homo-phobic person to live in the group......haven't they watched this show, don't they know what not to do on camera. I guess not and as long as they don't there will be a Real World TV show.