The Real World

Wednesday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television Premiered May 21, 1992 In Season

The Real World Fan Reviews (108)

• Aaa... ok, what was that?!

The thing that I find disturbing about this show is that viewers will actually think that these people are really acting like they normally would if the cameras weren't on. It's disturbing because the people who make this shows like to give a hip edge to everything that happens. They make it like it's alright to lie and act like a slut for the cameras, that's what you should do. Basically, it's for people who look good enough for the screen (for the most part) and want to be on television. You can translate that as people who want to work in the entertainment business in some way. A lot of them will host a special on MTV later on. You have people who want to be actors, musicians, and basically exploit themselves to do it. I don't believe what these people have to say, nor do I believe the motivation for their actions of things that supposidly happened. It all looks acted out. Badly acted. I guess it's easier to tell when you're over 25.

I wouldn't be surprised if, even if these are the person's real names, that they share little incommon. Keep in mind, THe Monkees also kept their real names. But even some of their situations seem forced and completely riduculous. Like going over to Anne Rice's house is completely viable for any person off the street to do.