The Red Green Show

CBC (ended 2006)

maritimer00

The Red Green Show Fan Reviews (20)

• I don't get this show.

I have watched this show before and I have to say I will never watch it again. I don't understand why people think this show is funny. I like to laugh as much as anyone, but this show just doesn't click. Maybe it works for others who have an odd sense of humor or a complicated one, but not me. I think all of his bits are boring and they seem to be targeting an older, drunken audience. One thing positive that I have to say is that it does do a good job of making me tired. It makes for a good sleeping pill. Thank you.
  • bring it back!

old guns, old cars, rocket fuel, garages, what do these things have in common? they have all been featured or destroyed on the red green show. ah the red green show. that's what TV was ment to be. it dosn't air much anymore, even on PBS. but that dosn't stop me from buying every DVD i see availible online. for those of you who are more into more current stuff, you know ipods, high tech stuff. well, you can see that kind of stuff blown up! cool huh? and if you see something you like, get out of the house and build it! oh sure, it might blow up your neighbors house or maybe even your neighbors. but who cares! watch the show and built something like a man! (or whatever YOU are)
  • Steve Smith on stage

Steve, My family and I enjoyed your performance Saturday at the KVCR show. It evokes an undoubtedly unoriginal thought: Why not sell The Wit and Wisdom to HBO? It would only need a few minor tweaks and a bit of opening exposition regarding The Red Green Show. Good luck with such a project. Lord knows, we need all the laughter we can get, especially since we've lost George Carlin.
    It was a pleasure to meet you. I was enjoying your book – and will again when I get it back from my wife Joanne.
    Best to you John C. La Monte Los Angeles
  • One of the all time best classic sitcoms ever. All others should bow in reverence to the wisdom that is The Red Green Show.

This is truly one of the most entertaining, humorous, and just all-around well done shows of all time. Just Red's use of duct tape as the ultimate fix-all is something most guys can relate with. Finally, someone shows it the respect such a miracle of modern science deserves. The whole cast of characters are all very well done. This is one that appeals to any man...Canuck or not. Every guy needs a 'opposum lodge' to retreat to when the world gets to be a bit much...How the creed start? " I am a man, and I'm sorry...." This is a must have and I am most pleased to a stumbled upon it. If your a man that can fix it, make it better, or have an idea...this is a show you will truly appreciate as the gem that it is. Yes, Red, I am a man.....
  • One of a very shows from North of the border I actually like

'The Red Green Show' is a new find for me. I have seen it in the listings since we moved to Northern Minnesota but never turned it on until a few weeks ago. My first impression (which still holds to this day) of this show was Red Green was a combination of Tim Taylor from ' Home Improvement' and Al Bundy of 'Married with Children'. This is a simple show and after watching a few episodes began to realize that you either have had to from this part of North America (Frozen Tundra) or currently living here to really appreciate it. The show did lose some of it's charm when it was re-branded as the 'NEW RED GREEN SHOW'. The jokes became a little more predictable and were just not as funny as the earlier shows. Red Green airs on many PBS stations all over the United States but if it is not on your local PBS station than the next time you take a trip to the northern states, rest assured you more than likely find him on TV.
  • This show is set up at Possum Lodge. This is where Harold and Red live. It is a rustic place in a secluded place in Canada. Bizarre characters make the show funny and keeps one's attention for the whole show. This is a great show for all ages.

This show was amazing. I can't believe that it is already over. Every show kept me entertained for the whole time that I watched it. I wish that they would continue the hilarious parodies of duct tape. This show is my personal favorite. Red Green did an excellent job in making this show. Too bad I never got to go and see the show for myself.
  • My favorite show

I love this show and I'm not afraid to say it. I is halarious, I am really diapointed its over but I guess 15 years is a good enough run. I also havn't seen many of the earily episodes so this will give me a chance to catch up. I think it's a very well made show and its aired on PBS in the US so no commericals and that makes it worth the time even if you hate it in my opinon. But seriously I really enjoy this show and believe sometimes the simpler programs are the best if they are done well.
  • Red Green and his nephew put on an entertaining look at life using a stereotypical male Canadian perspective.

What is there to say with this show?

Plot: I took off 1.0 points since sometimes I have problems paying attention to some episodes. But ya, at the show's peak, it floors you. A lot of the jokes are in the perspective of the stereotypical male perspective (such as the words that no man likes to say, "I don't know"). Ya, I'm a chick, and I might find that funnier than some guys, but come on, it's hilarious no matter what. Also, a lot of random humor and slap-stick does the justice with this show's characters.

Characters: The general cast is fairly small, but Harold and Red really take the cake (my salute to Patrick McKenna and Steve Smith). Red's character is pretty much your average Joe kind of character. Although he might not be much in regards to quality of acting, it's his character. His voice sounds laid back, masculine, egotistical, and sarcastic. Given the context and dialogue, it really takes the cake. Harold has to be the best character in the show. McKenna does the PERFECT "Harold laugh" as well as the tone of a stereotypical geek. The dialogue with him also contributes. Him plus Red is the perfect comedy.

Crack open the duct-tape and keep the remote where you can see it. "The Red Green Show" is a great fix for anyone.
  • Hockey, a few buddies, the great outdoors, and cold beverages--what more does anybody need?

Red Green is Joe Canadian Average. He likes his fishing, hunting, and hanging out with the guys. The gentlemen of Possum Lodge share jokes, stories and a lot of time sitting around.

Red is a craftsman, too: he uses that unique gem of civilization, duct tape, to fix anything and everything presented for his review. He was accompanied by abrasive but endearing nephew Harold and friends of varying weirdness, including Dalton, Winston and others, who were terrible at game shows but good at passing the time.

Red would dispense rambling but funny discourses about life in general. He loved a good hockey game. He remained a gruff but amiable answer to the drab and samey world outside.

If you're looking for anything fancy, you won't find it here. You will, however, get plenty of wit and charm.

• A decent Canadian comedy show.

7.7
    If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape " had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you.
  • TOO COOL FOR PBS !!!!!!!! It should Be on a better channel

The Red Green Show is probably the only show in the history of PBS that I think is cool. A show as good as that should get more respect than just rotting away on PBS where no one will ever get to see it. If The Red Green Show would be on a better network, like The WB, then it would get the respect it deserves.
  • Absolutely wonderful.

The Red Green Show is one of the best shows out there. It is pure brillance and as alot of funny in it. This is how comedy should be/ Fuuny with a capital F. I really think that everyone should watch this. You are guaranteed a good chuckle or to out of it. In my case, i get alot.
  • A classic canadian show that shows you how to build things that you never thought were possible to make. Its the most influential show I've ever seen.

I personally can't get enough of this show. It is inspiring to watch Red build these amazing things with stuff either around Possum Lodge or stolen from other people. Mixed with funny situations and hilarious plots The Red Green Show is one of the most influential canadian comedies ever! I love this show. I am already a member at the official website and I can't wait to be a real member at Possom Lodge in a few years. This show rules!
  • classic canadian comedy

a show about duct tape and a dorky guy named harold is hilarious. i didn't think i would like htis show but it is gerat its so funny i watch it all the time and laugh laugh laugh. the rest of the characters are great too my fav is the guy who is always in jail and has that weird voice dont know his name though

EROK
  • This is one show for which I make sure I have time. This IS must-see TV.

If there are any women out there who want to really, really, understand men and what makes us tick - all you need do is watch this show.

As you sit and watch this program, you may develop a new and deeper understanding of the man in your life (especially if he\'s a middle-aged man).
  • I can't believe it took so long for me to hear of this show!

This show is incredibly funny! I have been watching the reruns on PBS at ten and have unfortunately missed almost all the episodes. (Also PBS doesn't play them in order.) My favorite laugh out loud part of the episodes is Reds crazy contraptions and another funny part is the black & white bit with Red narrating. From what I've been able to see this is one of the funniest comedies around.
  • If you believe in duct tape and are a redneck, you will definately LOVE this show.

The Red Green Show is the ultimate redneck show. Red Green maintains that ANYTHING can be fixed with duct tape. Every show he comes up with the most outrageous, unbelieveable inventions. And his advice to the paretns of teenagers is so true, but he puts in it such a way that you can't help but laugh.
  • Truly a Canadian Classic

I can't believe the show has been on 15 years and
    this will be the final season.
    I still love watching the earlier episodes with
    Red and Harold looking so young. Steve Smith is
    a very smart and funny guy.
    My favorite character is Harold and the show lost
    so much when his character was not on for a few seasons.
    I loved Adventures with Bill. Every bit was funny
    not a loser in the bunch.
    I guess it is time to move on but I will miss
    the guys from Possum Lodge.

So to all of the cast and fans everywhere
    "Keep your stick on the ice".
  • A Canadian show that really appeals to this American at least. The New Red Green Show is great to watch for those of us who love to create things, like the outdoors and enjoy Candian comedy (even if it is sometimes awfully corny)

I've been watching this show for quite a while now and what keeps drawing me back is the fact that each of the segments of this scetch comedy show are uniquely funny. Handyman corner is totally awesome! Creating a a clock-powered car, using a tackle box as an ice chest, I don't know how the writers keep thinking up such creative ideas.

The home movie segments (AKA "Adventures with Bill" are hilarious) and new ideas being brought into the show (including Harold's Hobby corner) aren't that bad considering how other shows attempt to revamp things.

This show was a unique sanctuary that takes you up north of the border into the backwoods with a bunch of cool plaid-wearing guys that you'd love to go fishing with. I'd watch this show every night if it were on, but PBS is kind of screwy on how they are showing it. I wish I had CBC.

Great show, recommend it to inventors, back-woodsmen and those of us who can stomach the corny-clean comedy that this show produces.
  • The New Red Green Show has a great style of comedy that can't be found anywhere else.

I know this show is Canadian, but I've been watching this show here in Minnesota for a good 7 years now, It's airs every Saturday night at 10/c here and it's commercial free, how cool is that! But I think the show is very entertaining and I think it's a shame next year is it's last season. I hope they come out with some DVD's so I can relive some of the show moments, because the "manly" type of humor involving Red, Harold, and all of the supporting characters is something that is always enjoyable to watch. I don't know how big this show is up in Canada, but down here in the US, it doesn't get the recognition it deserves.