The Revolution

Sunday 10:00 PM on The History Channel Premiered Jun 04, 2006 Between Seasons

The Revolution Fan Reviews (3)

6.8
  • Liking this new series!

This show is as good as I anticipated. Can't wait to see it next week.
  • The revalotion Stinks!!!!

You guys took off soap operas just to put on talk shows and cooking shows. Why are you going to take off a good show named One Life to Live for a show that is not doing good?? Me and my family will never watch that station again. Channel 8 had nothing to watch anymore. I used to come home and watch One life to live but now you guys ruined that. You guys have unhappy fans now.
  • Just when I thought the History Channel had gone into the sewer.

In the past few years we regular viewers of the History Channel have been force fed a steady diet of Modern Marvels, Mail Call, and various documentaries about UFOs. It's gotten so that the viewer can see just about every type of show on the History Channel. Every type of show EXCEPT a show about history which was why the channel was founded in the first place. The History Channel was slowly but surely falling down the same path to oblivion as its parent network A&E.

But that slide into nowheresville has been interrupted temporarily by The Revolution which airs at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday nights. The Revolution is a 13 part series about the struggle of the American colonies for independence from Great Britain which lasted from 1775 to 1783. The series is informative, well-produced, and will keep you glued to the television set. You Buffy, Angel, and Sponge Bob fans might also learn a few things if you watch.

One good series does not mean that things have turned around permanently at the History Channel but it does give one hope. The network might be able to save itself from the bowels of hell. After all, just how many documentaries about UFOs can one network produce? There has to be room for something else.