The Riches Forums

FX (ended 2008)

third season?

billy1981

[1]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 19
    Has FX ordered additional shows for the second season? or a third season?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dakotagirl823

[2]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 23
    The only FX shows that I know will be renewed this far are Dirt and Damages. Since we only have 7 episodes of the Riches this season, I'm hoping that we will know if we get a third season sometime in May.

hound562

[3]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    I really do hope they renew also air the second season so much sooner instead of us having to wait a whole another year. Seven episodes this season just wasn't a big enough fill. I need more episodes.

billy1981

[4]Apr 23, 2008
    I hope the Season 2 dvd is released quicker thank the first season.

FCBarca

[5]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 15

It appears that everyone has forgotten that there was a writers strike...The strike pushed the series start date back, the strike cut the 2nd season short (Down to 7) and pushes the start of Season 3 back as well.

It hasn't been confirmed, as far as I know, that The Riches will be renewed but assuming it is, it will likely be at least 13 episodes long and would probably start in Winter of 08 or early 09 (My guess).

FX is pretty good about sticking to a series but The Riches will either have to gain in the marketing department or how the ratings spike a bit more otherwise it could be a bubble series, IMHO...Seems crazy I know considering how strong a series it is, but it is, after all, all about money (The networks).

Dakotagirl823

[6]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    I haven't forgotten about the writer's strike cutting season 2 short. I also can agree with the Riches being a bubble show but FX seems to have a reputations for sticking with their shows so I think one can safely assume that the show will be back for season 3.

TheAgency

[7]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 9
    If FX knows what is best, they will renew Riches, because NIP/TUCK has fallen off the deep end, and Dirt is just stupid. The Riches is their best series.

CoolUserName

[8]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    You're right, a third season will likely depend on the ratings. I haven't paid any particular attention to the ratings, but it seems like this show has gained some buzz over the course of the second season. For my part, I've been getting my friends hooked on the show (quite easily done, of course), so I hope other people are doing the same thing to boost the ratings. This really is an intriguing original show that deserves another season, so let's all tune-in to the season finale tonight!!

NbRoCkEr1985

[9]Apr 29, 2008

Ratings have been fairly bad this season, unfortunately. But I think FX will bring this and Dirt back next year because:

1) We only got half a season and FX owes it to the fans to produce at least the last 6 episodes that they originally ordered.

2) Like DakotaGirl said, FX has been good with sticking with their shows. Since I started watching the network a few years ago, they haven't cancelled any shows that I watched, no matter how low the ratings got (Dirt, Riches, especially Damages with the really low ratings that got).

3) FX doesn't have any new shows lined up for this year or possibly most of next year because of the strike. We would've heard by now if they were picking up a pilot. So they would need additional programming for next year, seeing how The Shield is ending.

azsunnygrl

[10]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    I'd like to see The Riches come back for a third season just because each episode just adds another intriguing layer to what has already happened. I'm sorry the show doesn't have a larger audience, but you have to admit not everyone is going to like or appreciate the characters or the storyline.

ghosthunter8

[11]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 4
    One reason the ratings might be low is because it's rated mature. I'm only 13 and I have to beg my parents just to let me watch it.

CoolUserName

[12]May 8, 2008
    Although ratings are important, I think critical acclaim matters too, which is a reason FX has stuck with some of their shows and allowed them to garner larger fanbases. I feel like the fanbase for this show is growing, too.

tonyftony716

[13]May 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    True definition of bubble show here. I think F/X has a lot of new stuff lined up and it may decide not to renew this. If they do it probably won't be back until late spring 09 or summer. Nip/tuck, Damages, Rescue Me and Dirt are set to show between fall of 08 and spring of 09. I hope it does but it really is a close call.

samosfromhalo

[14]May 13, 2008
    • level: 10

Don't forgot Always Sunny in September which you know FX will never cancel.

We should know Thursday (Fox's upfront) but I'd say it seems likely.

billy1981

[15]May 18, 2008

The second season of Dirt has already aired! There were only 7 shows. It has not been renewed for a third season.

billy1981

[16]May 18, 2008
    Also Nip/Tuck's 6th season of 8 episodes will air in Jan. 2009.

NbRoCkEr1985

[17]May 19, 2008
    billy1981 wrote:

The second season of Dirt has already aired! There were only 7 shows. It has not been renewed for a third season.

Before panic starts that Dirt was cancelled, I'll rephrase what you wrote and say it has not yet been renewed for a third season. If Dirt is cancelled, you can pretty much count on Riches being cancelled as well, ratings were much worse.

ohshnapsz

[18]May 20, 2008
    • level: 2

I found this on Wikipeida

Dirt and the Riches have had ratings decrease significantly since their first seasons last year.

Some weeks viewers were barely over 1 million. The shows has yet to be announced for a third season.

MizzGMC23

[19]May 24, 2008
    Just a quick update for anyone who has not seen the latest news: http://www.tv.com/the-riches/show/68406/story/10817.html?tag=story_list;title;0 Seems like both Dirt & The Riches are to get a 3rd season after all.

NbRoCkEr1985

[20]May 25, 2008

MizzGMC23 wrote:
    Just a quick update for anyone who has not seen the latest news: http://www.tv.com/the-riches/show/68406/story/10817.html?tag=story_list;title;0 Seems like both Dirt & The Riches are to get a 3rd season after all.

At first, I wouldn't read much into that. But now that both seasons are done, this sort of makes me more optimistic if both shows coming back because if both shows were on longer, they could've gotten better ratings. But they weren't given that chance.

All I know is as of last week, no decision about new seasons have been made. So I really hope FX makes the right choice.