We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Rifleman Forums

ABC (ended 1963)

New Site for the Rifleman

dragonfly_pat

[1]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 19

AMC has 3 hours weekly for The Rifleman. Every Saturday morning from 6 a.m.to 9 a.m. Glad to see it back on TV.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EarlyMemphis

[2]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 60
    Wasn't "Rifleman" previously shown on Encore Westerns? Maybe somebody remembers. They don't show commercials. I assume, given that AMC shows lots of them, that the episodes are being edited down to make them fit into 30 minutes today. So, although I second your emotion, Pat - "Glad to see it back on TV"! - I sure wish they'd release it "officially" on DVD (along with "Maverick" and any other MIA Westerns)!
    Edited on 06/25/2011 10:46pm

dragonfly_pat

[3]Jun 25, 2011
    • level: 19
    Yep, it did used to be on Encore Westerns. Enc. W. had various marathons, and they had two episodes M-F late afternoon/evening for over a year. I watched the AMC channel's marathon today from 8 am to 2:30 p.m. The eps were all from the first season. And yes, they had lots of commercials.

donaldshelton

[4]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 1

On Directv, the WHT network (World Harvest Television) airs 2 episodes of The Rifleman at 2:00 PM MST and at 2:30 pm. I have been looking at the episode guides, and I think they are running the shows in chronological order.

In fact, today they aired the epi in which Lucas' friend Tom came to town intent on robbing the bank. Then they aired the epi in which a man that Micah put in Yuma prison came to town to have his revenge.

I grew up watching this show, and just love it.

Don