TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The River Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

1.04, "A Better Man," Discussion

amaryllis88

[1]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 20

The 4th episode airs Tuesday, Feb. 21 on ABC at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central.

"The crew of the Magus find one of Emmet's missing team members and discover that he has been cursed. While the others want to leave him behind as they continue their search, Lincoln refuses and must try to convince them otherwise." (summary taken from tv dot com).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tiingeling

[2]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 6
    They were willing to let a man die without ever trying to find another way? That's pretty low. That's says something about what kind of people they are and is not something you should forget. At least Except for Lincoln, this are not people I want around in an emergency.

amaryllis88

[3]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 20
    That is definitely true!! I like what the main camera guy said, he mentioned that whenever the girl gets freaked out about something, then he'll definitely pay attention, because she seems like the mystical maven on the ship. Capturing the elder dying in the woods, and then finally releasing his spirit when the phone was smashed was pretty cool, only when Jonas wanted to get back into the vine, he was released. Pretty cool episode, can't wait til next week's!!

kanniballl

[4]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 18

Tiingeling wrote:
    They were willing to let a man die without ever trying to find another way? That's pretty low. That's says something about what kind of people they are and is not something you should forget. At least Except for Lincoln, this are not people I want around in an emergency.

I can't fault them for going that way.

Mystical Magical jungle unleashes vines that can tear them to shreds and man-eating locus swarms

It wants its prisoner back because he stole a guy's soul, or else it will kill them all

Heck, it had no problem killing that innocent fruit vendor in his row boat

While the thought of "smash the cellphone" did occur to me... it's not like it's guaranteed that would free the guy. Meanwhile they'd trash the thing that said where the husband (and perhaps other non-soul-stealing crew mates) were.

It's not like it was just some guys on another boat with MP5's saying "Give us that guy back"