The River Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Thoughts

novasheep

[1]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 2

I think this show has great potential. I love me some sci-fi!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amaryllis88

[2]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 20
    I will say that I'm glad it started with a 2 hr premiere, the second episode is what pretty much sealed the deal with me, it was so exciting, riveting, moving, and really progressed the story along that I'm definitely gonna tune in for the rest of the season!

novasheep

[3]Feb 10, 2012
    I agree that showing two epps was the right call.

Forzum

[4]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 1
    Sofar it seems like an alright show. First episode was interesting, but during the end it almost got a bit to much. Second episode was really good tho, did not like the whole "parnormal acitivty" thing they did in the beginning tho, where she walk up and looks at them, but then again, I could expect something like that happen. Rest of the episode was great tho, to be honest I think that it's the scariest episode I ever seen in any show. So yeah, will be nice to see how it all goes on, hopefully it will remain as a good show, since I really loved lost and this has some lost vibes in it I'm really excited for it, so hopefully it won't let me down.

angeland8

[5]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 10
    Pretty entertaining!

Didn't like flashbacks and long talks. I understand those people are in a difficult situation and all that, but they need to cut those long speeches about life and so on. Apart from that, good. I'm gonna keep watching.

DocKev

[6]Feb 15, 2012
    • level: 3

So far, I'm really enjoying this show. The only thing that is bugging me though, is that I keep asking myself "Haven't those people ever heard of leaving someone on watch when the rest go to sleep?". After the first episode & the encounter with the flying blood drinking thing, and especially after camping out under the "living doll" tree last episode, surely it has to have occurred to at least one of them to keep somebody awake in the night to keep watch over everybody else? After tonight's episode, if they continue to all sleep at the same time in the forest, they don't deserve to come out of the Amazon alive!

novasheep

[7]Feb 15, 2012

they did have someone stay awake but he fell asleep and that's when the main chars mom was taken in the second episode.

tiailds

[8]Feb 15, 2012
    • level: 8
    The only problem I have is a small continuity issue. First episode had the doctor with long hair, second with short, and third with him cutting it.

mhoog

[9]Feb 15, 2012

After hearing the in the first 5 minuts of the show, i dumped it.

If you do not wat people to hear the curses don't put them in the script !!

mhoog

[10]Feb 15, 2012

mhoog wrote:

After hearing the < b e e e e P> < b e e e e P> < b e e e e P> in the first 5 minuts of the show, i dumped it.

If you do not wat people to hear the curses don't put them in the script !!

Great tv edits out the < b e e e e P> < b e e e e P> < b e e e e P> < b e e e e P> < b e e e e P> in messages Frown

novasheep

[11]Feb 15, 2012
    tiailds wrote:
    The only problem I have is a small continuity issue. First episode had the doctor with long hair, second with short, and third with him cutting it.

Well they way i see it is they are viewing the found footage and it may not be in perfect order. Most likely it is for us viewers when we see him with long hair then the footage is older ie his son is still a boy and with his short hair his son is a man.

mlauzon

[12]Feb 15, 2012
    I cannot see this as a regular series, however, I can see this as a mini-series, because the premise doesn't lend itself -- at least to me -- as lasting more than 1 season.

novasheep

[13]Feb 15, 2012

I see this show lasting quit a while they can uselegendsand myths in this show for anyepisodeand pretty much do anything and that is just awesome. kinda like community if any of you have watch that show they are all over the map with the stories they do on that show but it works well for them.

amaryllis88

[14]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 20
    I think there's only been an order of 8 episodes, so I guess ABC will see how well it does on whether they plan on renewing it or adding additional episodes for the season. Not sure how the ratings have faired, I'm hoping with all the hype that has surrounded the show that it stays afloat.

novasheep

[15]Feb 19, 2012

I am sure the network will go for a full season or a season 2. Since it is JJ he has done great things with story/syfy

novasheep

[16]Feb 22, 2012

so kind of getting annoyed at the fact they never listen to thelegend, and say its just acoincidenceor what ever. I mean really? after all that hashappenedalready? The notbelievingsomethingcan happen needs to stop with the crew.

sasilik

[17]Feb 22, 2012

In my opinion they kind of overreaching with this magic/mystical stuff. Spirit leaving the man, some kind of deity threatening with bugs and storms, vines moving, man hanging several months and still alive and fine and so on. Don't like this kind of show. It's like a documentary but then there is some magic. Not just some unexplained and paranormal but just clear magic.

kanniballl

[18]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 18

sasilik wrote:

In my opinion they kind of overreaching with this magic/mystical stuff. Spirit leaving the man, some kind of deity threatening with bugs and storms, vines moving, man hanging several months and still alive and fine and so on. Don't like this kind of show. It's like a documentary but then there is some magic. Not just some unexplained and paranormal but just clear magic.

Potato / Potahto

The term Paranormal covers seemingly "magical" events

Then there's the quote: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

So what they're calling magic could eventually be explained as "psychic energies of the planet's inhabitants congealing in a central place in the rain forest" Would that make you feel better than them just saying "magic" and "ghosts"

RhodesWren

[19]Mar 13, 2012

I really like this show, other than one big problem I have with it. Tess. I can't stand her! She's a horrible person! First she tells them to go ahead and kill Jonas again, because they think...they weren't even sure!...that his death will make their problems stop, and then in tonight's episode...

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

She says that since Rabbit apparently left Emmett to die...and she doesn't even know that for sure, she's just assuming, as always...then Rabbit deserves whatever bad thing happened to her, and whatever bad thing will happen to her. She's awful!

AriSky

[20]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 36

RhodesWren wrote:
    I really like this show, other than one big problem I have with it. Tess. I can't stand her! She's a horrible person! First she tells them to go ahead and kill Jonas again, because they think...they weren't even sure!...that his death will make their problems stop, and then in tonight's episode...

You forgot one. When they're getting back on the Magus, she gives up on the dog Emmet almost died not eating, saying something to the affect that he had served his purpose. I've not jumped on this Tess-hate bandwagon everyone else seems to be on, but she's definitely not one of the most relatable (or real) characters in the show... not that that's saying much.

Edited on 03/14/2012 6:27pm