The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show

NBC (ended 1973)

gwactuary

The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show Fan Reviews (9)

7.6
  • The Cartoon to end on a climatic note?

Few ep (09)
  • Perhaps one of the best cartoons of all time

Although I wasn't born around the time Rocky and Bullwinkle were new to the t.v world, I was able to see it when it became a classic. Rocky, the brainy flying squirrel and his buddy Bullwinkle, the thick-headed, big-hearted moose were an excellent team that traveled to many corners of the world, followed by Boris and Natasha, two nasty (yet funny) villians. I found the entire series fantastic. The fractured fairy tales, adventures of Peabody and Sherman, adventures of Duddley-Do-Right, and Aesop's fables were all excellent as well. I really enjoyed the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie, it was the perfect way to end the series. What I'm really pleased about is the fact that the seasons are being put on DVD. I already have the three, and I plan to get the rest.
  • Excellent in both its forms--"Rocky and His Friends" and "The Bullwinkle Show".

"Rocky and Bullwinkle" was extrodinarily clever and ludicrously funny. Filled with puns and quick word play, the interractions between this slightly dim moose and his best pal (who just happens to be a flying squirrel) is still as funny and as timely today as it ever was.

This is a show that generally ages well. Aside from the occasional storyline which seems a little antiquated today (for example, cutting out box tops), most of what happened on the show could have been written today.

Of course, there are also the other cartoons on the show: Fractured Fairy Tales, Aesop & Son, Peabody's Improbable History, Dudly Do-Right of the Mounties, and Bullwinkle's Corner. These other shorts were also very clever and provide some of the most memorable moments in the show's history.
  • The Rocky & Bullwinkle show is more than a sketch comedy cartoon, it's a work of art passed down from genration to generation.

You see todays TV shows on the Cartoon Network like Squirrel Boy and Camp Lazlo. There pretty good on today's standards. But back in the 1960s, a phenomenon of animation and sketch comedy was born. This my friends is the dawning of Rocky J. Squirrel and Bullwinkle J. Moose.
    The Rocky & Bullwinkle show is a classic sketch comedy cartoon that has inspired millions and can be quite funny. The show has funny sketches with Rocky & Bullwinkle (of course), as well as other characters. It's quirky theme is quite interesting, but the humor does all of the work.
    The real credit goes to the creators at a classic studio called "Bullwinkle Studios" who now sells DVDs of the classic cartoon. Here's the main story:
    Bullwinkle along with his sidekick Rocky the Flying Squirrel (Tails Wannabe, but you gotta love 'em) get into weird situations in each episode as a gang lead by a Hitler Wannabe wants to destroy them and take over the spotlight. Now, the review. The animation goes by pretty fast and keeps on going until you bust a gut. The humor is funny in a strange sort of way, but you can easily get the jokes and have a happy face. It's like talking to a wall.
    *crickets*
    *man yelling* "GET ON WITH IT!!!"
    Oh, anyway, the music is classic, and the sound effects fit the picture perfectly.
    So, overall, I reccomend this cartoon to anyone who wants a good laugh and leaves a smile right smack on your face.

*Rocky enters* "Thanks New Mr. Know it All!!!"
    You gotta love squirrels and mooses.
  • The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show was the ultimate in children's variety. Wheather you were interested in science, sports or anythin else there was something in store for you.

6.3
    The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show was an oldish animated series that ran for many years, attracting audiences young and old. It was a sort of Vaudeville, if you will, starring Rocky the high flying squirrel and Bullwinkle the moose as the Masters of Ceremony. The performed stand up comdedy, dressed up for various skits and never spoke above the level of their targeted audience. Some of the other charactures included a pair of Russian spies ( Boris and his long time acquaintance Natasha ), an egg head, youthful scientist with his very articulate, spectacled canine and many others. If you enjoy silly vaudeville acts and are young at heart, I highly recommend this series.
  • A classic cartoon that was good for kids and adults alike.

A classic cartoon that was good for kids and adults alike. Lots of funny happenings that would be funny in 2 different ways. It had clever dialogue that was funny on it's face to children and funny with a double meaning to adults. There were other cartoons on the show other that just Rocky and Bullwinkle. Some of the other segments included Fractured fairy Tales, Mister Know-It-All, Peabody's Improbable History, Dudly Do-right of the Mounties and Bullwinkle's Corner. Some of these segments were better than the rocky and Bullwinkle segments. It wish there was a show like this today using the same type of comedy.
  • Still love it after all these years.

This is one show I adored as a child. I remember getting up before day break every Saturday morning at my Grandma's to watch the old repeats of Rocky & Bullwinkle.

While I didn't understand some of the political stuff back then, I still enjoyed it and found it very entertaining. Which is true even now for me as an adult, I still really get a kick out of watching this show.

Thank God for DVD!! =)
  • One of the best animated series ever

"The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show" is quite simply one of the best animated series ever on television, ranking up there with "The Simpsons." It was great not because of the quality of the animation, which was fairly primitive and fairly cheaply done, but because of the brilliant writing. This was a show which could please children with its fanciful story lines and wacky characters, and yet there was much there for adult viewers, too, including sly cultural references and intricate wordplay. Some of the references are to things and people now forgotten by most (Durwood Kirby, for example, being transformed into the Kirward Derby), but most of the jokes still work to this day. The versatile voices of June Foray, Paul Frees, and Bill Scott help create the world of Frostbite Falls and its environs. For a show that was relatively short-lived, "Rocky and Bullwinkle" have showed remarkable staying power, and one hopes they will be with us for many years to come.
  • A classic show that if not watched by the younger generations may go wayward in our memories.

One of my new favorites, I never liked this show until I bought it on DVD. It is perfect for watching before you go to bed. Each episode is roughly 15 minutes and begins with a part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle story line then has a few variety segments (Fractured Fairy Tales and Dudley Do-Right), then finishes with another part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle story line. I especially like fact that each episode ties into the next via a continuous Rocky and Bullwinkle story. Also, the theme song just seems to bring a level of comfort as you watch it in bed right before you fall asleep.

My final review: Although, this show does have some politically incorrect moments, it is something that everyone who likes classic TV should see.