The Ropers Forums

ABC (ended 1980)

fictional episode

vidking

[1]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 5

I made up a fictional episode that would be so funny. I don't think there was any like THIS.

Stanley hits his head and has anesisis and doesn't know who Mrs Roper is and makes passionate love to her so much

that she gets tired and he ends up the one chasing her around!! That WOULD be SO funny!! WHY didn't they THINK

of this ??? they might HAVE if the Show wasn"t cancelled!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

devilboy1_629

[2]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 4
    LOL haha that would have been pretty funny.

Melina

[3]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    I don't know why the producers ever thought of a SL like that. That would've been hilarious!

annericelover

[4]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 7

vidking wrote:

I made up a fictional episode that would be so funny. I don't think there was any like THIS.

Stanley hits his head and has anesisis and doesn't know who Mrs Roper is and makes passionate love to her so much

that she gets tired and he ends up the one chasing her around!! That WOULD be SO funny!! WHY didn't they THINK

of this ??? they might HAVE if the Show wasn"t cancelled!!!!

Actually they didn't cancel the series because of bad ratings or bad ideas, it was the opposite, the ratings were pretty high for this, although, the series dropped a bit because of a line up change, it was still high. The studio however didn't want to keep the series going, don't know why, this would happen again with Three's A Crowd, but they allowed it to air a little over a year so they didn't have to honor their agreement to bring them back to Three's Company(since Furley was a hit).

Also, just like a majority of Three's Company and Three's A Crowd the episodes for this series were based off of their UK counterparts episodes.

Fekul_the_Baby

[5]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 15
    I think it didn't last because Stanley Roper wasn't the most likeable guy and people just didn't accept him as the star of a series. The character of Brooks carried much of the series due to Jeffrey Tambor's sense of manic comic timing (recall the episode where he tries to cook spaghetti and salad and ends up with lettuce soup and spilled pasta all over the kitchen?), but even his brilliance couldn't carry THE ROPERS past a season.