New Animation

Jubbagain

[1]May 20, 2008
    • level: 2

Hi all. 

I wanted to post some info about a new piece of work, that I and Epoch are mounting, using a lot of the same team, here and in Korea that produced Roswell Conspiracies. We're currently in production on a 90 minute, direct to video animated feature: "War of the Worlds: Goliath".

It's an R rated, retro-history, steam punk epic set in a 1914, fourteen years after the first failed Martian invasion. Mankind has rebuilt her cities and military, adapting a lot of the abandoned Martian technology. They've created an international defense force, A.R.E.S., based on the lower end of Manhattan and under the command of Theodore Roosevelt. They've built a formidable military centered around giant, steam powered battle tripods and 1500 foot long armored zeppelin aircraft carriers.

Think of "Band of Brothers" meets "Star Wars", meets World War 1.

My pal, Kevin Eastman is co-producing with me, as is Highlander Series writer/show runner, David Abramowitz, so we're recreated a part of the creative team from the "Highlander: The Search for Vengeance" anime feature.

David Abramowitz also wrote the full script, based on a treatment of mine. He's crafted an amazingly developed set of compelling characters in a life and death situation as they fight together against an implacable enemy. I really think, that if you found Roswell Conspiracies compelling, you'll like what we're doing with "War of the Worlds: Goliath".

It was though David's good offices that we were able to get the Highlander Series team together—Adrian Paul, Elizabeth Gracen, Peter Wingfield, James Brynes. We recorded them last month and man, it was a terrific experience. They all went out of their way to give our little epic their very, very best.

We've augmented them with some other terrific talent. Adam Baldwin, Mark Sheppard, James Arnold Taylor, Beau Billingslea and all others have really brought our characters to life.

We don't have an official site up and running yet, but we have some pictures and links already on line at the heavymetalmagazinefanpage site and on Adrian Paul's own website.

Best,

Jubb

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GunPsycho

[2]May 20, 2008
    • level: 1
    Can't wait.

fearistic

[3]Jul 10, 2008

Sounds great.

A 90 min. RC movie would even been greater, but it would be fantastic if this movie will be available in Germany too. Ebay is expensive and to less auctions....

Please keep us informed!

fearistic

[4]Nov 7, 2008
    Are there new information?

fearistic

[5]Mar 24, 2009
    I hope I do not have to wait more than one year for an answer...

Jubbagain

[6]Feb 5, 2011

Hi Fearistic.

Well, it's been a year and a half before a reply, but I hope you're still out there somewhere checking in from time to time.

It's been a long production road on "War of the Worlds: Goliath", but I'm finally about to begin editing on the 95 minutes of animation.

We're aiming for a late Summer/early Fall release of the movie.

A lot depends on whether we decide to do a limited theatrical release with a full 3D conversion.

It's looking likely.

You can check out our progress on these links.

http://www.metaltv.com/wotw/index.html

wotw-goliath.com/video_trailer.html

www.heavymetalmagazinefanpage.com/movieswaroftheworlds.html

Best,

Jubb

BonnieB21

[7]Mar 23, 2011
    • level: 3

Wow, that looks amazing! No wonder it took more than a year for there to be an update from you! Hopefully, after it's in theaters, you can air it on Adult Swim, SyFy's Ani-Monday (or whatever day of the week it's on), or IFC.

I still come around every so often. But I haven't done anymore reviews, since I think the DVD company putting out RC:AML went out of business.

fearistic

[8]Jun 16, 2011
    Hi Jubb,

thank you so much for linking to all information on the web about the new film. I like it very much. RC should get a sequel exactly in this style. I hope it is not as hard to get the DVD in Germany as with the RC contents (only ebay), though.

Please keep us informed. A short note about new information on different websites is always welcome!

Jubbagain

[9]Mar 5, 2012

Hi all. Here's a quick update on "War of the Worlds: Goliath".

We've finished the animation and color grade and are in the middle of a stereoscopic 3D conversion for release on the big screen worldwide.

For a $4million dollar animated epic that's a huge jump and we may not get wide theatrical or any real theatrical release here, but you never know.

We'll start releasing it in late summer/fall worldwide. We may do a premiere screening at the San Diego Comic Con. Look me up if your there. I should be doing signing and show and tell at the Heavy Metal magazine booth. And we'll do a panel on the movie, too.

Best to you all and keep an eye out for any errant Shadoken!

fearistic

[10]Mar 7, 2012
    Thanks for the update! Unfortunately traveling to the USA is not an option at the moment. I hope I will be able to watch it in my country!

Jubbagain

[11]Mar 12, 2012

Truthfully Fearistic, if you're living outside the U.S. the odds of seeing it on a big screen may be better then in the U.S.

It's hard for a low budget animated teen/adult feature to get any real theatrical in the States.

fearistic

[12]Jun 23, 2012
    Thanks for your honest answer. Still, I hope to see it in Germany at all - e.g. on DVD. That is not so easy. First of all, the movie must be released on DVD and then it has to be availabe on ebay or amazon for a reasonable price. That is not easy for me as well.