The Royal Forums

ITV (ended 2011)

The Royal has been axed.

Matty34UK

[1]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 4

ITV have confirmed that The Royal has been axed along with Heartbeart. Ratings of both programmes have been getting less than 5.5 million.

Source: Yahoo TV - http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/107941/

Sorry everyone, it's gonna be missed.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SunSpeed

[2]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 30
    As far as I know production will be suspended on both Heartbeat and The Royal, there is two years' worth of new episodes to be shown, and ITV will make a decision on their futures during that time.

FernSenos

[3]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 1

I cant believe that you are axing the Royals, there is so many people missing it, and would look forward every sunday evening to seeing it. There is not to much programing that is worth watching on tv. So much violence, swearing and rude programes, People speaking so nasty to each other, is not a very good morals for young people who are watching. This is not the real world, most people dont treateach other like they are their enemy. I am really disapointed, and am going to miss it very much. A dissapointed listener.

cannclan78

[4]Aug 19, 2011
    • level: 1

Disgusted that the ever popular Sunday evening for all the family "The Royal" It has been axed because of falling figures. We don't all want to watch re-runs or fly on the wall prog's. BRING BACK "THE ROYAL". Lets start a campaign to bring back "The Royal" and other great programmes. I can't be the only person who used to sit with a big drink and be engrossed by it's old fashioned safetness!!