The Sarah Silverman Program

Batteries

Aired Thursday 10:30 PM Mar 07, 2007 on Comedy Central

• Sarah overcomes tremendous physical obstacles to rid her world of telethons for children with Leukemia.

Having just avoided a friend's request for help moving, Sarah finds herself in trouble when the batteries for her remote control run out just as a telethon for children with Leukemia is beginning. When decides to to the store for more batteries she runs into hurdles along the way, including a wheelchair marathon blocking her path and the realization she has no money. After she manages around the marathon problem she heads to the cafe to meet her sister and grab some cash. It's there that Sarah tries to join in on a fart joke and ends up pooping her pants. Luckily when she launches into a song about the whole thing and it reaches God's ears which inspires him to grant her one wish.
    Instead of healing a friend's father, who has just been diagnosed with cancer, she decides to go back and look cool instead of pooping her pants. Unfortunately for Sarah, when she later goes back to the store she finds that she doesn't have enough money for the batteries. This is all too much for Sarah as she knocks over a rack of sunglasses and steals the batteries. Suddenly finding herself in a foot-chase with the police, she begs God for help one more time. God, for some reason, agrees and Sarah is saved once again. After a night of passion between the two, Sarah and God have an awkward morning as it was pretty obvious that God wanted something more out of the relationship than Sarah did. Thankfully though, she's finally able to get rid of the Leukemia kids. It's then that a vision of her father shows up and gives her affirmation before trying to seduce her. It's that silly God again, of course, just trying to trick her. She turns to find a sick child on her doorstep who kicks her in the crotch. Sarah passes it on to God as we see them smiling while we go to credits.

I love Sarah's character on this show as I feel it complements Sarah's personality and delivery tremendously. I think she's really found her voice and I hope this is just the beginning for her and this show. I have to admit I've tired a little on the joke-song aspect of this show, but it's not so tiring that it brings the show down much. You've gotta love a program that has God represented
    by a black man and then has a Jewish woman nail him while a dog watches.
  • absolutly halarious.

Sarah goes to bye some double AA bateries and is blocked by a wheelchair marathon. and when going to go see her sister at some resturant and , she , uh , makes , uh , well she ruins her pants and is granted one wish by god and she uses it , to uh , man just watch it. Anyways later she goes of to buy her double AA batteries and apperently , the b*** can't count and pays the man 3 dollars instead of the 4 dollars the batteries cost and so she gives money to the lukinmia donation box instead , and that was good , stealing the batteries and getting chached into an alley and askin god to save her and then he turned the police into Buegals and then Sarah ate them , not so good and i diffenitly gotta take some pionts off for Sarah sleeping with god and then she finally fixed her batterys and she gets a knock on the door and gets kicked in the- well we dont have to mention where. Okay the season finale , but hopefully not the end , is done and the season winner is Sarah cause I like this white girl she tough she says whats on her mind all the time , unfortunatly that gets her in alot of trouble the season loser is whats his name the police officer uh i think his name was Billy , and the reason for that is because Sarah always makes him look like a complete jack- well ya'll get the piont, the lesson for this episode is think about what you say and do before you say or do it , litterally.
  • Sarah has to buy some batteries so she can change the channel on her TV. She ends up running into God and seducing him. Awesome Episode 8/10

I have been watching this since the season started. I really like the show. This episode specifically was a classic. Only Sarah would come up with a story like this! Sarah is watching TV and all of a sudden her remote dies. Leaving her TV stuck on an infomercial about disabled kids. She can't stand to watch it so she goes to the corner market and tries to buy some batteries. But things go awry and she has to steal them. My favorite part was definatly the 'I pooped' scene. And the scene where she seduces and then blows off God. This was a great finish for the season. I give this episode a 9 for as many times that I laughed!! Can't wait for next season!
  • One of the best episodes yet.

This was definitely a new favorite out the five shows this season. It was hilarious.

There were so many moments that I was on the verge of crying that I can't even count them all. Great material! If she writes her own material, which I assume she does, it should stay that way.

"SAME CAR!"
    says in a whiny voice, "same car."

The Poop Song is definitely also one of her best parody songs. It's between that one and the "I love you more.." song. "I wish the retarded....were resmarted."

Aw. I love this show, best material on Comedy Central thus far. Awesome. Magnificent.
  • Wow, this show is crazy...

I have to say that I never thought that I would get to see a show that fell so well into my comedic tastes. Sarah Silverman has made a show that makes me laugh, and ask, "Where the **** did that come from?" This show is weird and random, but it works out well, as it is Sarah's sense of humor. I don't think that there should be more shows like this, as it is so wonderfully unique. I loved the trip to the store to get batteries, and I loved the one night stand with God. If you haven't seen the show and can get access to cable, check out the show.
  • Obviously supposed to be the pilot, but want to save the best for last...

Officer Jay doesn't know who Sarah is, but the netowrk decided it would make a better season finale, than pilot...and that is because it is the best of the small number of episodes being shown this season. Sarah poops her pants in a farting contest, incites a flashback in a Vietnam Vet, steals batteries, and has sex with God. And then drops him right afterwards...WHo has the balls to dump God? Just Sarah, that's who. Best comedy on television right now. And then let's not forget the kid with Leukemia who comes in and kicks Sarah in the crotch...followed up with Sarah kicking God in the cajones. Classic!