The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour

ABC (ended 1976)

The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour Fan Reviews (8)

• Scooby Doo and Dynomutt!

This hour long show is based on the adventures of Scooby-Doo and Dynomutt in a half-hour adventure of both shows. While many of you know Scooby-Doo as the character who solves mysteries with his Mystery Inc. crew, some might not know who is Dynomutt, Dog Wonder.

Dynomutt, Dog Wonder is a silly sidekick canine of the super hero known as Blue Falcon. You may have seen Blue Falcon and his silly canine on many shows. Together the crime fighting team is unstoppable.

In this format, the show lasted one season. There were additional original Dynomutt episodes made but they were shown on a later series Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics
  • Another H-B icon whose original run I missed but saw later on.

One of the more hilarious Batman & Robin parodies. In fact, I posted a webpage dedicated to the series THE FALCON'S LAIR: The Unofficial Guide To Dynomutt, Dog Wonder @ http://www.angelfire.com/la/aaronh3d/. Come check it out!

When watching it on USA's Cartoon Express from the mid-'80s to the early '90s, I noticed the intro was similar to the 1978 syndie titles but shorter, and featured Scooby in them; and, the end titles featured the credits flashing above Scooby and Dynomutt. I am now certain they were a couple of original 1976 bridging titles of The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour. (These were the main reasons I looked very much forward to watching Dynomutt on USA!) :-)

Pity we never saw such goodies on Warner Home Video's 2006 so-called "Complete Series" DVD set of The Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour from Warner Home Video, which forsook the original 1976 broadcast versions (which would have included only one opening and closing credits sequence per episode) for syndicated versions! Every minute they state on that box they have 3 episodes from the 90-minute Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Show and the lyrics to the original "catchy theme song which celebrates, '...while Scooby is haunted by a spooky ghost, Dynomutt is doin' what he does the most!'" and feature completely different material on the 4 "delightful" discs within, they're fleecing customers...and diehard animation fans! WHV, I know you have numerous projects on your docket, but institute some sort of a disc replacement program for Scooby Doo/Dynomutt, please! :-P

When you recieve dose after dose of the syndicated editions for many years, you kinda get a hankering for the original. (Anyone out there saved VHS copies of Dynomutt Dog Wonder from USA's Cartoon Express in the 1980s? Or are the 1976 Dyno-titles shown on a foreign version of Boomerang from CN?)
  • what a show even when its old!

this show is one of my favorites ever since i was a little kid. i think this show will never get old. my mother even used to watch scooby when she was little and if it lasts that long it will never get old. i would recommend this show to children of any age group.
  • Another good version of the Scooby gang, exlcuding the Dynomutt part.

Scooby doo has had so many shows over the years it isn't funny. This one is a good one, yet the Dynomutt part of it was just boring and pathetic. So excluding the Dynomutt part.

It was well written, the writers allowed each story jsut enough of different elements to make it all work and kept it in line with all of Scooby's other shows.

The voice actors were the same as most of the other shows, or for the most part sounded the same, and did just as good a job as they usually do.

Overall this Scooby show was very good, if you ignore the Dynomutt part.
  • This has been my favorite sence I was little

This has been my favorite show sence I was really little. Its a come off of Scooby Doo. Dino Dog is your average super hero dog who fights villians alive or dead. It is soooo increadbly funny. I love his costume because I love the color green its full of pastel colors. My favortie part of the costume is that some of it is black my favorite color is black so that just makes me like the show even more. The other reason I like this show is because it is so simmilar to the show scooby doo and adventures.
  • This was the first Scooby Doo show I ever whatched.

This was the show I whatched when I was relly little. It was the first time I saw Scooby Doo. I thought it was really cool because Scooby got to fight crime with a super hero i used to cherish the first episode I saw but then they canceled that show and made a diffrent show with Scooby Doo in it. I was really mad when they cancled it but it still hasn't been totaly canceled and its been on for a really long time I gusse people just plain love Scooby Doo.Like I will love him forever and ever.
  • Great series that shows off Scooby's K 9 cousin and his master fighting crime in a place called Big City. The New Scooby Doo show was a contenuation of the Where are you series with his brother Scooby Dum thrown into the mix.

Dynomutt was a cartoon that didn't take itself too seriously. Sure Dynomutt was a bumbler. Somehow that doesn't seem to matter. Wether it was going up agienst Iron Face, or mr Hyde, Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon would always come through. Scooby and his friends would pitch in and help the dinamic duo from time to time
    The Scooby Doo show was a contenuation of the Where are you series, but with Scooby Dum thrown in for goos measure. Some good shows on that one but not enough to make another season. sad really as it was fun to watch...
  • love scooby he the big dog

I could watch scooby all day long. Love to see him get in lots of trouble , with the gang . Then help them get out. love ya lots scooby and gang. If my mother would have let me ,I would have stayed in the house all day. But I remember her coming in the house and telling me , to get my nose out of the tub and go outside and play.Im 40 now and I watch scooby and the gang ,from time to time.My grand kids watch the gang now . They think the gangs silly ,I tell them scoobys the man. They thinks that funny , and laugh.
    Luv ya scooooooooooooooby