The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour

ABC (ended 1976)

The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour Fan Reviews (8)

• Another H-B icon whose original run I missed but saw later on.

One of the more hilarious Batman & Robin parodies. In fact, I posted a webpage dedicated to the series THE FALCON'S LAIR: The Unofficial Guide To Dynomutt, Dog Wonder @ http://www.angelfire.com/la/aaronh3d/. Come check it out!

When watching it on USA's Cartoon Express from the mid-'80s to the early '90s, I noticed the intro was similar to the 1978 syndie titles but shorter, and featured Scooby in them; and, the end titles featured the credits flashing above Scooby and Dynomutt. I am now certain they were a couple of original 1976 bridging titles of The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour. (These were the main reasons I looked very much forward to watching Dynomutt on USA!) :-)

Pity we never saw such goodies on Warner Home Video's 2006 so-called "Complete Series" DVD set of The Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour from Warner Home Video, which forsook the original 1976 broadcast versions (which would have included only one opening and closing credits sequence per episode) for syndicated versions! Every minute they state on that box they have 3 episodes from the 90-minute Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Show and the lyrics to the original "catchy theme song which celebrates, '...while Scooby is haunted by a spooky ghost, Dynomutt is doin' what he does the most!'" and feature completely different material on the 4 "delightful" discs within, they're fleecing customers...and diehard animation fans! WHV, I know you have numerous projects on your docket, but institute some sort of a disc replacement program for Scooby Doo/Dynomutt, please! :-P

When you recieve dose after dose of the syndicated editions for many years, you kinda get a hankering for the original. (Anyone out there saved VHS copies of Dynomutt Dog Wonder from USA's Cartoon Express in the 1980s? Or are the 1976 Dyno-titles shown on a foreign version of Boomerang from CN?)