The Screen Savers

techtv (ended 2005)

darquesyde

The Screen Savers Fan Reviews (7)

• Well, this is the last good show on G4. No more G4TV.

7.4
    Well, G4 and TechTV merging were not a good cominbation. The Screen Savers is for tech / computer geeks, and G4 is for gamer geeks. And the verdict is gamer 1, tech 0.

When you have a chance, you should see Kevin Rose's podcast -- you can find it online. You may somehow relive the Screen Savers that way.
  • I miss this show...

I used to love this show before G4TechTV got a hold of it and destroyed it. Leo Laporte and Patrick Norton worked really well together before they left due to the merge. I learned so many little tips and tricks on my computer and got free little downloads here and there that made life easier. I even used their advice to purchase certain computer hardware. I really miss this show and nothing really has stepped up to replace it.
  • Whaaa! I miss the screen savers, the best show ever for computer lovers and the tech savvy

Danm that G-4... see, there was once a time, when Tech-Tv and G4 were far apart, by 3 stations!
    But then... All of a sudden, Tech Tv Dissapeared! None of the shows were listed in the "on demand" index! So I check out the G4 station, only to find a logo of to plugs and bolth channel names, saying "Tech Tv and G4 are joining Forces blah blah blah..." At first I didn't think this was all that bad, But then, as every day went by, the "tech-tv" part of the logo got smaller, and smaller, untill it dissapeared! Now this show is only on at like, 11:30 at night, or a really old re-run durring the day time. But I will give a review of the "classic" "The screen-savers."

The first time I watched the show, There were only 2 hosts, Pat, and leo. But in the later years of the show, other hosts came in, and that added alot to the show.like Kevin Rose, and yosi. Every day would be a blast. It may be too late now, but this show is sadly going to waste :(
  • i never missed a show it was a great show and an i liked all the people that was on it. it was funny smart and i was learning about tech also oh oh why did they take it off bad idea g4tv

i never missed a show it was a great show and an i liked all the people that was on it. it was funny smart and i was learning about tech also oh oh why did they take it off bad idea g4tv and to suck evenmore they fired them
  • Unlike the new show it would become, "Attack of the Show", The Screen Savers was an in-depth show that helped viewers with their computer quandries and exposed them to new and exciting things in the geek culture.

"The Screen Savers" was one of the ZDTV/techTV shows that you could pat the network on the back for, which managed to contain a lot of depth in its information and yet was entertaining and fun. Its new mutation, "Attack of the Show", is really more of what the show "Internet Tonight" was than the helpful and informative "Screen Savers" ever was. A shame that both can't coexist.
  • Hay I would like to see it back but that will not happen. However you can here Leo and Pat and the rest on there podcast called This week in tech found at thisweekintech.com. Pat has his own TV like show. You can found it at dl.tv

Hay I would like to see it back but that will not happen. However you can here Leo and Pat and the rest of the crew on there podcast called This week in tech found at thisweekintech.com.
    Pat has his own TV like show. You can found it at dl.tv
    Yes There BACK!!
    Oh Leo is getting ready to do a TV like show to. It's called the MacBreak. It can be found at macbreak.com.
    I hope that this helps all of you Screen Savers funs out there.
    You can found them lested in the podcast part of iTunes 4.9 - 6.0.1 for windows and the mac.
    The best to all of you for 2006,
    Michael
  • It was a great show before G4 got its hands on it. All I can say is thank god the kill it.

The Screen Savers was a show for anyone that wanted to learn something from TV. I've learned more things from The Screen Savers then from anywhere else. When you wanted to know how a graphics card worked or which cpu was the best for the money you called Leo and Pat. Leo and Pat's Windows bashing was great and they always kept it light. There was always a sense of being with freinds when you watched the show. Then came the dark days of G4notechTV. Leo was off TSS(The Screen Savers) before the merger and did Call for Help full time but G4 felt it didn't have enough game content in it so it was canned. He was replaced by Kevin Rose. Pat left the show after that because of some problems with G4. And it all went downhill from then on. It was killed off late 2k4 and replaced with "Attack of The Show" after they pulled TSS through the mud first.