The Secret Circle

Family

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 10, 2012 on The CW

• That was good

What a great season (and it had *better* be just a SEASON) ender for Secret Circle!

All season there have been a lot of balls being juggled - the Witch Hunters, the Demons, John Blackwell and his hidden agenda, Charles & Dawn and their quest to regain their power, the kids search for the truth of what happened to their parents 16 years ago, Cassie learning more about who she is than she probably ever wanted to know - and trying to figure out how to deal with it all, and Faye's quest to just be able to be a witch all on her own. By tonight's episode, I think most of us has some pretty good idea on just where the show was headed - and without giving away any spoilers, some of those were right and some were real shockers.

Throughout the series, the character development has been logical and believable without being too predictable, as have the storylines themselves. The performances are quite good - especially for a "teen angst" show about high school, broken families, demons and - oh yeah - witches. Over all this has been one of the few "appointment viewing" shows I've had this year, and I hope to be able to keep those appointments next season!