The Secret Circle Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Renewed or cancelled?

JennRocque

[1]Apr 16, 2012
    • level: 1

Hey everyone, I absolutely love The Secret Circle and I wanted to start getting people to tell CW how much they love it and why it should be renewed for another season.

I hate having to wait after every episode to see what will happen next. It has me sitting on the edge of my seat every episode. Thus far to bide my time between each break I have almost rewatched the series three times.

I love how the CW has managed to stay respectful to Christianity and Neo-Pagans even though it has touched on both groups. For a long time I stopped watching another of the CW's shows Supernatural because it lost that neutrality and mutual respect by bringing in God, Angels and the Devil. The CW has re-earned my respect and admiration through The Secret Circle.

Now that the season is coming to a close I wanted to tell the CW to keep my favorite show on the air!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JesicaVaisman

[2]Apr 20, 2012
    I think they will renew it for another season, cuz its the second best rating show on CW, only second to Vampire Diaries, so Im guessing there is going to be a second season.
    The thing is, the books are really short so unless they start to think of more adventures and problems for them once they finish the Skull saga, the end is near.

jstitely1

[3]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 12

JesicaVaisman wrote:
    I think they will renew it for another season, cuz its the second best rating show on CW, only second to Vampire Diaries, so Im guessing there is going to be a second season. The thing is, the books are really short so unless they start to think of more adventures and problems for them once they finish the Skull saga, the end is near.

its no longer the 2nd best rated show, supernatural has that title. the past few episodes its been getting lower unfortunately. it will still most likely be renewed though

jlublueyes

[4]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 2
    It probably dropped because they keep throwing in 3 week breaks in between new episodes. Annoying.

firedrakes

[5]May 11, 2012
    • level: 13
    that i dont like. yes 3 week break. thanks for barley telling me you did that

johnmarlena422

[6]May 11, 2012
    • level: 16
    It's just been announced that TSC has been canceled. This really sucks

wildhoney66

[7]May 11, 2012

i agree this sucks. it had a LOT better season than "Vampire Diaries" & it had so much promise. this pisses me off. anyone else?

firedrakes

[8]May 11, 2012
    i do wonder why seeing it had good rating with both vampire diaries and supernatural. compare to most of their other shows which really did not far so well

johnmarlena422

[9]May 11, 2012
    I agree with both of you. I was so excited for this show as I thought it'd be the next biggest witch show since Charmed. I really thought it'd be Ringer, Nikita, and Hart of Dixie to get canceled.

firedrakes

[10]May 11, 2012
    from a bussiness stand point. that was a bad move. due to loss of money etc. compare(not nikita)

tvtome_xena321

[11]May 11, 2012
    • level: 27
    It didn't do well after Vampire Diaries, and they didn't want it to become Nikita 2.0 moving to fridays, so they decided to keep Nikita because it has a fanbase/dvd sales from two seasons.

johnmarlena422

[12]May 11, 2012
    I love both TSC and Nikita, have from the beginning and I'd prefer to keep them both but I heard that Nikita was doing almost as badly as Ringer so I figured that would be the other show to go.

MisterKez

[13]May 11, 2012
    • level: 4

I liked the show, despite its flaws. It was a good freshman show. It had a good overall story although there were significant weaknesses with some individual plot lines. I did not understand the age differences of the parents for one. I am disappointed that it was canceled. I hate when they cancel a show like that and then leave it on a cliffhanger. We never did find out who the Aussie was. I was very suspicious of him. Was he a witch hunter? witch? demon? or just some random guy with dimples? He was just too good to be true IMHO.

I am sure that if given a second season to work some of the kinks out, it would have answered many questions and been more cohesive.

I hate network tv. I get interested in a show and then they cancel it before it has a chance. CW, for TSC and Reaper, Fox for the Finder, NBC for Awake. There are so many others. I am still pissed at NBC for cancelling the Pretender many years ago. And they wonder why we do not watch something when it first comes out.

Edited on 05/11/2012 9:28pm

johnmarlena422

[14]May 11, 2012
    Yeah, it really does suck. Sure TSC had its flaws but it could have been truly great, if given the chance.

mrquito

[15]May 13, 2012
    • level: 5

YUP this is TERRIBLE!! Secret Circle was good and if given a chance, it could've gotten better.......I am waiting to see what the CW replaces Secret Circle with??? Please not more dramas!!.......Secret Circle and Vampire Diaries are/were a pretty good combination on Thursdays!!

loey12886

[16]May 14, 2012
    • level: 10
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    I love both TSC and Nikita, have from the beginning and I'd prefer to keep them both but I heard that Nikita was doing almost as badly as Ringer so I figured that would be the other show to go.

If Nikita was doing almost as bad as Ringer than how come Ringer got cancelled and Nikita is getting a 3rd season. Just goes to show ya that Nikita was doing better than Ringer

sav001

[17]May 14, 2012
    Nikita was doing worse than Ringer and as far as I know it was the lowest rated show on The CW. I hate how they cancel these shows and end it on a cliffhanger. At least tell the producers in time that their show is getting cancelled, so they can end it properly. Firs Ringer and now Secret Circle. Incredibly annoying.

SaraCano

[18]May 18, 2012

JennRocque wrote:

Hey everyone, I absolutely love The Secret Circle and I wanted to start getting people to tell CW how much they love it and why it should be renewed for another season.

I hate having to wait after every episode to see what will happen next. It has me sitting on the edge of my seat every episode. Thus far to bide my time between each break I have almost rewatched the series three times.

I love how the CW has managed to stay respectful to Christianity and Neo-Pagans even though it has touched on both groups. For a long time I stopped watching another of the CW's shows Supernatural because it lost that neutrality and mutual respect by bringing in God, Angels and the Devil. The CW has re-earned my respect and admiration through The Secret Circle.

Now that the season is coming to a close I wanted to tell the CW to keep my favorite show on the air!!!

Renewed The Secret Circle for the Second Season

SaraCano

[19]May 18, 2012
    SaraCano wrote:

JennRocque wrote:

Renewed The Secret Circle for the Second Season

ShawnaFowler

[20]May 24, 2012
    The secret circle was my favorite show. I personally liked it better than the vampire diaries. I hate how many of the shows i like get cancelled and just left. i cant believe they just stopped this show..i dont watch many shows but the secret circle was a must ever thursday night, was even calling in sick just to watch the show