The Secret Circle Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Who's the other child of Blackwell?

johnmarlena422

[21]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 16
    JesicaVaisman wrote:

I think they will go with the most predictable choice and make Faye Cassie's half sister. I read the books (and actually didnt quite like them, I think that the tv series is waaay better) and there wasnt any other Black's child in the circle. But im guessing that if Faye had dark magic, she would have already found out (she's impulsive and reckless, I think she would have use it unintentionally already).

Anyway, in the books there needs to be 12 witches in the circle to bind it, but it can be from any families (it can also be repeated, like 2 brothers or whatever), but it seems to be different here. Maybe they just need 6 witches from 6 families, but any of the bloodline works, so its not imposible that Diana has blackwell blood.

But maybe they didnt mean that there was another blackwell child, maybe they were talking about John being alive and all (I dont remember exactly how he said it).

I actually thought the witch hunter just spoke of another descendant and said that Cassie wasn't the only one with dark magic in the circle but I looked it up on YT and turns out I was wrong lol His exact words were "Cassie Blake is not the only child of Blackwell in the circle"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PureDiva01

[22]Jan 20, 2012
    • level: 6
    I'm wondering more about that girl that could see Cassie in the Jake's memory. I think her name was Lisa... does this mean that she also has dark magic, or is she something else? I'm not sure if this is the thread to be asking this..lol but there's no discussion threads so I guess this is it. She has to be a witch, or else she wouldn't of been in that room where they were killing the witches. That also brings me to my next question - how were the witches killed by just getting their throats slit? I thought there had to be some kind of special way to kill witches. This show likes to confuse me. Lol Any theories on Lisa? Could she be a Blackwell, or just have dark magic from a different lineage? Maybe Melissa's mom? Now I have to wait another couple weeks to find out! Damnit!! lol

iShivi

[23]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 3

Her name was actually Lucy. You won't have to question long about her, as she'll be in the upcoming episode on Feb. 2nd.

Sophie Anne is the name of Melissa's biological mom.

As for killing witches. You can kill a regular witch the same way you can kill a person. However, the reason why the Witch Hunters went through all that set up in "Masked" to kill the Circle is because they bound themselves together. Jake said that if you kill a bound witch the wrong way then their powers can be released into other witches or linger around (Ex. Faye's Grandfather, Henry, when we saw Little Faye.) The parents never bound their Circle like Cassie and the others, so they were able to kill them easily.

PureDiva01

[24]Jan 21, 2012
    iShivi wrote:

Her name was actually Lucy. You won't have to question long about her, as she'll be in the upcoming episode on Feb. 2nd.

Sophie Anne is the name of Melissa's biological mom.

As for killing witches. You can kill a regular witch the same way you can kill a person. However, the reason why the Witch Hunters went through all that set up in "Masked" to kill the Circle is because they bound themselves together. Jake said that if you kill a bound witch the wrong way then their powers can be released into other witches or linger around (Ex. Faye's Grandfather, Henry, when we saw Little Faye.) The parents never bound their Circle like Cassie and the others, so they were able to kill them easily.

Okay, thanks! I'm horrible with names. Lol Like I previously stated, I need to pay attention to the show more.

LeytonTLA

[25]Jan 23, 2012

i think its faye from all the reasons stated, but im starting to think its melissa as she is the one with the least story ... so funny if it was Adam they definitely wouldnt be meant to be then, i do believe its faye cos of the comment about her mum and john and then all of her issues ... it would make sense

IsisIsabella

[26]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 9

I hope it's not Faye. She's already an interesting character, she doesn't need an extra storyline. Besides, there has already been Cassie/Faye-tension. Been there, done that.

You know who needs a storyline? MELISSA!

Then again, what does it even MEAN to be a half-sister with only half black magic. Everyone in the circle seemed affected by Faye's spell, so that person doesn't seem to have extra powers or so. Maybe that will be revealed in the next episode.

SecretKeeper

[27]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 1
    GUYS!! It cant be Faye because then in the recent episodes she would have been able to use her powers solo not with others & dawn probly would have said it and would have used her own daughter not cassie but it is possible for malissa but prob not Diana because her dads not gay and obviously she gets her magic from charles and his mom because her mom mentions blackwell and prob would have killed diana no offense to her but she said she would do anything to end the blackwell line.

johnmarlena422

[28]Jan 29, 2012
    SecretKeeper wrote:
    GUYS!! It cant be Faye because then in the recent episodes she would have been able to use her powers solo not with others & dawn probly would have said it and would have used her own daughter not cassie but it is possible for malissa but prob not Diana because her dads not gay and obviously she gets her magic from charles and his mom because her mom mentions blackwell and prob would have killed diana no offense to her but she said she would do anything to end the blackwell line.

Not necessarily. Faye may still have not been able to use solo magic because she's simply not as powerful as Cassie is- apparently no one is lol

transgenicfilth

[29]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 4

Hi all Well my opinion is that quite simply all the members of the circle have Blackwell blood/ancestry. The witch hunter didnt say there is ONE child of Blackwell and also he didnt specify WHICH Blackwell. I mean there is John father, his grandpa and so on. In fire/ice that symbol was to attract dark magic, Adam said so, so either Lee got the spell wrong, lets assume he didn't ,then that would mean that the spell did in fact work it pulled/attracted blackwell magic. The members of the circle could have Blackwell magic going back maybe 100 yrs maybe thats why they arent as strong. Maybe some of them have more recent ancestry maybe they r 2nd or 3rd generation Blackwell. Cassie wasn't affected and the point of the spell was to draw dark magic and she definetely has it why? Perhaps because she is a direct descendant of Blackwell her magic is too strong to draw upon. I mean if it was that easy to get the blackwell magic don't u think Dawn or Charles would have tried getting John's a long time ago. I mean the spell exists. Also Diana grandma they way she spoke of cassie that cassie was the one they had been waiting for with Blackwell blood makes me think perhaps the older circle has been mixing up the genetics with the Blackwell line trying to find a strong enough descendant. Also another thought let's assume that there is another descendant of Blackwell perhaps it's a cousin or something to someone in the circle i mean thaey r bound by blood.

UnholyAngelGirl

[30]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 7

Hmmm isnt Jake still able to do magic on his own? Although I'd be thoroughly disappointed if it were Jake, it could explain why he knows so much about Balcoin history, why he has such an interest in Cassie yet hasnt hooked up with her and would also sort of open it up to end the love triangle and for Cassie to go out with Adam (personally I'd prefer she went with Jake but then I dont like goody two shoes ).

Or it could have been Nick. Then again......didnt Diana's family book have reference to some of the same black magic spells?

johnmarlena422

[31]Feb 10, 2012
    UnholyAngelGirl wrote:

Hmmm isnt Jake still able to do magic on his own? Although I'd be thoroughly disappointed if it were Jake, it could explain why he knows so much about Balcoin history, why he has such an interest in Cassie yet hasnt hooked up with her and would also sort of open it up to end the love triangle and for Cassie to go out with Adam (personally I'd prefer she went with Jake but then I dont like goody two shoes ).

Or it could have been Nick. Then again......didnt Diana's family book have reference to some of the same black magic spells?

But Jake and Cassie did make out once..I'm pretty sure he would have stopped that if they were related, or at least if he knew they were related.

transgenicfilth

[32]Feb 10, 2012
    I don't know about Jake. His behaviour is suspect. I think, and i haven't watched valentine episode yet, that Jake was double crossing everyone. What I mean is he was double crossing the circle with the witch hunters and i think he was double crossing the witch hunters with Blackwell. I believe Jake might have been sent by Blackwell to look after his daughter. If you notice he betrays the circle but dosen't really betray Cassie. Its a difficult line but he manages it. I don't believe for a second that Blackwell wasnt expecting his daughter to come back to Chance Harbour. I mean in Witness he drops and leaves!! his balcoin medallion. Why would he leave such a powerful object behind that belongs to his bloodline unless i believe he left it for cassie , or another Blackwell to find if the theory of him having another child in the circle r correct. Blackwell would know that Cassie could access jake's memory therefore showing her what happened and where the medallion dropped. As i said though i havent seen Valentine episode yet . Also Jake said that he can do solo magic because he learned to harness his emotions, ie anger sorrow etc. What if thats nit te case. What if Blackwell showed him how to use is magic individually.

angeland8

[33]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 10
    It will be soooo predictable if it's Faye.
    Actually the only interesting outcome is if it's one of the guys, preferably Adam. Because for now he is so lame, it's painful to watch. But everybody says CW will never make any hint of incest, so unfortunately it will be one of the girls.

MeganWallace1

[34]Feb 11, 2012

I think its like it was in the book, Blackwell took witches from the strongest bloodlines and manipulated them into marrying with each other to make children. The children would be the strongest witches from the best lines. This means that the witches in Chance Harbor were already from the original and strongest lines and they were not married before Blackwell came along the first time. Most likely 2 from each family were in the circle or a lot of inter-mixed blood. Blackwell vanished after the deaths of the parents and everyone assumed that he was dead too. but he will come back when the children become old enough to create there own circle. The one thing Blackwell wants most is power and he wants to rule the most powerful circle he can. He is probably in Chance Harbor now watching the circle waiting till he can detrimine how strong they are before he comes out.

The original circle had 12 members and I think all circles need to have 2 or more members. As long as there are 2 members with different witch bloodlines it can be a circle. The rest, like stronger or different lines, just determines the strength and power of a circle. It's the way it was in the book and although they change a lot of info from the book to the show I find they keep the basics the same. Like names and plot line. they just change the details leading up to the plot lines.

As far at the other Balcoin or Blackwell child I've no idea. I would have to guess it's Jake. Mb thats why his parents didn't trust Blackwell. His mother had already experienced his manipulation and they knew what he was up to. If I had to guess Id say that Blackwell could have stopped the boat fire and saved everyone but he wanted the strongest and the smartest to die. He probably had something to do with the Elders striping powers as well.

MeganWallace1

[35]Feb 11, 2012
    actually it was 12 witches to make a circle in the book, so my bad but I still think it only need to be two or more bloodlines.

Princess_Pinky

[36]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 11

As most other people have said, I highly doubt they'll do an incest storyline, even for shock value, so I doubt it's gonna be Adam or Jake.

Faye also doesn't make any sense, because her Chamberlain blood comes from her paternal lineage, so she couldn't be the secret daughter of John Blackwell, otherwise she wouldn't be able to complete the Chamberlain portion of the Circle. The only way she could be a Blackwell is if Dawn is a descendant of Balcoin/Blackwell, but I doubt this too, since both Faye and Dawn are very hungry for individual magic and despite endless schemes, neither has been successful at it.

I did think Diana could be suspect and there's still a slight chance she could, but after meeting Kate, I don't really think it's Diana anymore. I'm not ruling her out completely, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Melissa is the one that makes the most sense and seems the most plausible candidate. I don't think she's Cassie's half sister, though. After all, they said there is another child of Blackwell in the Circle, not John himself, so I think that Melissa's Blackwell connection is from another Balcoin/Blackwell ancestor, so maybe Melissa and Cassie are distant cousins or something. I think it's interesting that Melissa is always conveniently written out of the storylines whenever it's Cassie's time to shine with her Blackwell magic and I believe the reason for this is that if Melissa were around (such as at the lake house when Cassie saw Faye's memories), she'd be sharing the limelight, so the easy thing to do is to just not have her around until they make the other child of Blackwell reveal. The mystery would be shot, after all, if Melissa and Cassie were the only two who could see Faye's memories. It's also interesting that the demon possessed Melissa over Nick, even though Nick was the closest to it on the bed. I wonder if it perhaps sensed dark magic inside her and thus was attracted to her over Nick.

johnmarlena422

[37]Feb 13, 2012
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

Faye also doesn't make any sense, because her Chamberlain blood comes from her paternal lineage, so she couldn't be the secret daughter of John Blackwell, otherwise she wouldn't be able to complete the Chamberlain portion of the Circle. The only way she could be a Blackwell is if Dawn is a descendant of Balcoin/Blackwell, but I doubt this too, since both Faye and Dawn are very hungry for individual magic and despite endless schemes, neither has been successful at it.

Unless, of course, Dawn's husband was not Faye's real father, which has already been hinted at. Dawn could have easily slept with Blackwell and then lied about paternity.

stanmorne

[38]Feb 13, 2012

johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

Unless, of course, Dawn's husband was not Faye's real father, which has already been hinted at. Dawn could have easily slept with Blackwell and then lied about paternity.
    Yes, because I remember vaguely charles or someone mentioned that Dawn had a thing for Blackwell or something. Then it makes sense that she would've slept w/him.

Edited on 02/13/2012 2:22am

Princess_Pinky

[39]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 11

johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

That doesn't work because Faye's Chamberlain blood comes from her father's side of the family, Henry Chamberlain's family, not Dawn's. So if Faye was not biologically Henry's granddaughter, then she wouldn't be able to complete the Circle, because they need a descendant of Chamberlain (Henry) to complete it.

transgenicfilth

[40]Feb 21, 2012
    I think one needs to look at their book of shadows. So far there are only three. The Blake one, the Meade one and the Armstrong one. The blake books, cassie's, has no dark magic spells listed in there. Her ancestors came from pure white magic. The meade book, diana's, has black magic mentioned in it also perhaps a few shady spells. The armstrong book, jake's, well it has a balcoin history. Why?? why were Jake's ancestors cataloguing the balcoin line,spells etc.?? That's why i suspect Diana's grandmothers motives. If their book has potential dark magic in it then perhaps the meade bloodline has had relashionships with dark wizards/witches. Her bloodline then would involve some dark magic. Don't misunderstand i don't mean balcoin dark magic i mean general black magic. That's why i always cannot help but wonder about Diana. Jake, well i don't know really except to say that perhaps the armstrong's were enemies with the balcoins. In his book it warns that the balcoin bloodline is evil etc. perhaps this is a warning to other generations. Now the missing books. The Chamberlain one, The Connant one. The Glasser one. I think the fact that both Faye and mellissa's books are missing are to lead us to conclusions so we don't know which one has dark magic. Rather convenient that those books are missing correct? It won't be incetious so it can't be adam or jake. That leaves the girls. I believe , as stated above that Diana has dark magic in her bloodline not alot but some. About Faye and melissa I couldn't say. They have not allowed us to meet melissa's dad for some reason. That could be a clue.,her family is actually a mystery. Ok unrelated thought.what about the Balcoin book of shadows? i'm sure John has it. That is one interesting book. Hopefully it will make an appearance in this season or next i don't mind.