The Secret Files of the Spy Dogs

FOX (ended 1999)

The Secret Files of the Spy Dogs Fan Reviews (4)

6.4
  • I hate just one thing in this show: the dogs!

Title: could be a bit shorter.

Theme song: good.

Story: a secret organisation of dogs, who save humanity countless times.

Characters: the main character is Ralph. His friend is a really annoying poodle. There is also a pitbull, a scotish psycho dog and much more. my favorite one is an unamed German dog :)

Humour: pretty nice.

Misc: for some unknown reason there is a dog which doesn't even speak!

In conclusion: I'm tired of people making shows where the cat is the main villain(I'm a cat person myself). So, I dislike this show often, but recomend it anyone who likes dogs :) :) :)
  • A nice show for any dog lovers.

Ever wondered why your dog acts so weird sometimes? Why he/she digs up the whole garden? Why he/she rolls in the grass moving the paws (seemingly) pointless? Why he/she brings back the stick you throw away the thousandth time?

Is your dog really just incredibly simple? No, not at all, in fact it's the other way around...

Spy dogs is a great spy-parody. It has a nice sense of humour and great references to many things from Charlie's angels to comic books. It also turns the usual aspect around; what man would look like in the eyes of our "best friends".

The drawing is rather simple, but fitting to the style of the series.

All in all, I would recommend this show to anyone who loves dogs and is not afraid of laughing at him/herself.
  • A really funny animated series.

This was more than a pretty good animated television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.
  • This show reeks of patheticism!

0.1
    Plot: Dogs take on slimy aliens, African fleas, & a cat with an iron tail. This must be a spoof of James Bond flicks. How unoriginal.

For starters, the only character I liked in that oblivion was Catastrophe, the cat with a tail of metal. How he lost it? Rocking chairs. Bo-Ring!

The show only lasted a year, but a year is too many for this dreck!