The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Another One Closes

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jun 20, 2011 on ABC Family

7.1

A really good episode of Secret Life and a step in the right direction after the not so great premiere. Although now that this episode has marked this show as the longest running original series on ABC Family, I think it's safe to say that it's the most unrealistic.

Yes, people have complained about this before, but I think this is where I draw the line. George and Anne letting Amy move in with Ricky? Also letting Amy go on a cross-country road trip with a stranger? Where is the realism? Honestly, I'm not seeing it. It's even the little things like Ricky barging in to the girls bathroom to talk to Amy.

I don't know, this show can be realistic at times when it comes to the character's emotions but it's for the most part, very untrue to the actual life of a teenager. Now that my rant is over, I can talk about the episode. Hopefully Adrian returns to her old self soon, I was impressed at the Betty & Adrian scene.

How insensitive is Ben? Seriously? I guess that's where the episode was getting at, I guess it makes sense. Ricky & Amy's issues are pretty uninteresting, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing some Jack & Grace interactions when she gets back. Overall, good episode with a lot of takeaway scenes.