The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Baked Nevada

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 12, 2009 on ABC Family

7.1
  • I don't know why I watch this show.

The storyline sucks. The drama is so unrealistic. The kids are 15 look like they are in their 20's and they are dumber than most 12 year olds. They really need to put a little more reality into this show. I don't have much to watch at midnight but I am about to switch from this to some paid programing it would be less of a waist of time. I feel sorry for molly she thought that this was going to be her come back and it was anything but. I the said part is that the smartest one on the show is also the youngest... go figure..
  • Party's over.

Well this episode is mostly the aftermath of Ben & Amy's wedding, which turns out was a huge waste of time, when they find out they're not really married. I liked the reception scene in the beginning with everyone dancing. Then the parents find out, meanwhile as both Amy & Ben are facing punishments for the wedding, they try to look for job's to prep up for the baby. I hate Ricky! I hate how he keeps stringing along Grace, and then he sleeps with Adrian!? Which was ironically what happened with her last boyfriend Jack. By the way, the highlight of this episode, is when Jack actually became a likeable character. When he takes the fall for everyone else on the fake IDs, something to keep him busy, but he saved everyone! Tom & Tammy wanting to get married was annoying, I don't like Tammy, she's rude to Grace and everyone else. Amy feels the baby move for the first time, I think it was a bit over dramatic, but that's what this show is, so it was okay.
  • Thirteenth Episode

Ben and Amy's fathers find out about their wedding and show up at the reception. Ben and Amy find out that since they got married using a fake ID they aren't legally married. Grace's fake ID is taken by her father and despite Adrian's thoughts hers is also taken by her father. When they return to school the police are there questioning Joe about the fake IDs and Jack runs around the school collecting everybody's fake IDs and takes the blame of making them. Jack ends up getting community service and nothing more. Anne finds out about the wedding from Marshall Bowman when they run into each other at the law office. Anne confronts Ben and Amy at Ben's house and Amy feels the baby kick for the first time.

An okay episode. 8/10
  • Don't we have enough teen dramas on TV.

This show is a horrible excuse for any sort of entertainment. It's just another teenage drama series that they're trying to make a pretty penny off of. This show needs to be taken off of television soon to make room for a better show. I can't believe that people actually watch this, a pregnant teenager, like that is even remotely a good show to watch. I wouldn't even waste five minutes viewing this show, and I don't know how anyone could. I felt that I should just express my opinion of this terrible new show and hope that they take it off the air.
  • Amy and Ben's parents find out about the marriage between their children

In this episode, of the secret life of the American teenager, the following happens. Soon word gets out about the wedding and both Amy and Ben's dads find out. So they go to the reception and are stunned when they find out that the wedding actually happened, without either of them knowing. Soon both Ben and Amy learn that since they got married with a fake ID, legally they still aren't married. When they return to school after the weekend, the police are there questioning the guy who makes the fake ID's. Jack runs around the school, taking everyone's fake ID's off of them. Soon Jack goes in and confesses that he made the ID's ad gets taken away by the police. Soon Amy's mother learns of the wedding, and it becomes obvious that she had no idea about it. Jack gets community service for the fake Id's. Amy's mother goes round to see Amy, whilst she is at Ben's house. She questions them about the wedding. They have a long chat about the baby and the whole situation. The baby starts kicking and Amy thinks that the baby is coming, until her mother tells her what is happening.
  • Amy and Ben's parents find out about the "wedding".

The ending to this episode truly made it as it was one of the really sad, almost tearjerker (I admit to nothing!) moments that the first season was full of. Unfortunately the rest of the episode was less than spectacular.

There were some funny spots, but the majority of the dialogue is irrational, the acting is weak and the relationships seem too ridiculous to believe.

The one part I do like is the parents who are continually funny. Nearly everything George Juergens says is great and he's quickly becoming one of the best characters on television. I just wish the rest of the ensemble was as good.
  • The kids experiences a myriad of consequences in this episode; including the consequences of an illegal marriage, cheating, having a kid, and fake ids.

This episode wrapped up the loose ends of the previous wedding episodes. It's amazing how these teens can know so much about sex and other adult things and still not know you can't get married with fake ids. Ben and Amy learn of this early on and are characteristically disappointed; Amy mostly because she had lost her easy way out. Her mother gives her a very stiff talking to about finally accepting the responsibilities of having a baby. Which was touching and you could definitely see both hearts of the mother and daughter breaking while they realized how many sacrifices they would now have to make. On a less emotional note Adrian's father goes on a witch hunt to expose the person who made the fake ids. For some reason Jack decides to take the blame. Apparently he wants to devote his energy towards helping other people now. Grace and Ricky are officially a couple, and he cheats on her almost immediately. I don't understand why the writers are making the only religious character so completely naive. And I don't know why they aren't granting Ricky a single virtue in this character. I find him completely impossible to like. On another side-note, George and Anne have sex, but don't want to get back together. Alice and Henry have some good lines as always.