The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Defiance

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 02, 2012 on ABC Family

6.1
  • Let's Go To Summer School!

5.5
    This episode was alright (i'm just going to ignore the fact that everyone was so willing to go to summer school since the review before mines already mentioned how dumb that was), but Ben has gotten way too stupid to become tolerable in my honest opinion. How is he "obsessed with Dylan" when she's gotten him into trouble everytime they share a scene together? Can't wait for her parents to actually see that their daughter actually is the trouble maker (with a capital T!) because it doesn't seem like they get that right now. Just let Ben be happy. You make him toy with alcohol at the beginning of this season, and now pot? Really? Ethan reminded me of a season 1 Ricky, and that was pretty enjoyable. Speaking of Ethan, I was skeptical of the idea of Secret Life trying to pull a Degrassi type move (by slowly pushing older characters away to bring in new ones), but at this point, I'm going to welcome all new characters that the show is willing to bring in because this series needs some new characters and some new scenarios. Oh, and so much for Adrian and Grace "giving up on guys". I laughed my ass off at the idea of Adrian actually going the entire summer without any male "interaction". As if.
  • Defiance

The Secret Life of the American Teenager... an alternate universe where kids actually want to go to summer school. That was pretty much the statement that really sums up the entire episode for what it was. What is up with all these kids wanting to go to summer school? It didn't make much sense, it reminded me of season two when everyone was dying to go to a funeral.

Amy, Ricky, Ethan - "Shut up Amy!" What everyone has been dying to hear all these years. I'm with Adrian on this one. In the last episode, Amy reproached Ashley because of how haughty she was being. Well looks like it runs in the family. Amy is the most annoying character in the history of television characters and she really proved that tonight. She treated Ricky like her father, and then she has the audacity to say "You're not my parent." Shut up Amy, just shut up.

Madison, Adrian, Henry, Ben mess (cont.) - What really surprised me about tonight's episode is that they actually showed these kids in a class room. The little outburst between them was amusing but it's still hard to fathom that all of this "chaos" is happening because of Henry & Adrian. Just a tad hard to believe.

Kathleen, Grace and her numerous boyfriends - What was up with Kathleen tonight? So was her on prescription medication for comic relief or... what? I didn't really see the point of Kathleen being half high the entire time meanwhile phoning everyone but Grace. The Grace and Jack moment was nice, but these two have been back and forth so much, I'm past caring.

"The new girl" - The parent vs. kid dynamics was the only realistic thing about this episode, Dylan and her parents amuse me even though I didn't care for her character first time introduced.

All in all, this as good as it gets for Secret Life at this point.