The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Defiance

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 02, 2012 on ABC Family

6.1
  • Defiance

The Secret Life of the American Teenager... an alternate universe where kids actually want to go to summer school. That was pretty much the statement that really sums up the entire episode for what it was. What is up with all these kids wanting to go to summer school? It didn't make much sense, it reminded me of season two when everyone was dying to go to a funeral.

Amy, Ricky, Ethan - "Shut up Amy!" What everyone has been dying to hear all these years. I'm with Adrian on this one. In the last episode, Amy reproached Ashley because of how haughty she was being. Well looks like it runs in the family. Amy is the most annoying character in the history of television characters and she really proved that tonight. She treated Ricky like her father, and then she has the audacity to say "You're not my parent." Shut up Amy, just shut up.

Madison, Adrian, Henry, Ben mess (cont.) - What really surprised me about tonight's episode is that they actually showed these kids in a class room. The little outburst between them was amusing but it's still hard to fathom that all of this "chaos" is happening because of Henry & Adrian. Just a tad hard to believe.

Kathleen, Grace and her numerous boyfriends - What was up with Kathleen tonight? So was her on prescription medication for comic relief or... what? I didn't really see the point of Kathleen being half high the entire time meanwhile phoning everyone but Grace. The Grace and Jack moment was nice, but these two have been back and forth so much, I'm past caring.

"The new girl" - The parent vs. kid dynamics was the only realistic thing about this episode, Dylan and her parents amuse me even though I didn't care for her character first time introduced.

All in all, this as good as it gets for Secret Life at this point.