The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Defiance

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 02, 2012 on ABC Family

6.1
  • Let's Go To Summer School!

5.5
    This episode was alright (i'm just going to ignore the fact that everyone was so willing to go to summer school since the review before mines already mentioned how dumb that was), but Ben has gotten way too stupid to become tolerable in my honest opinion. How is he "obsessed with Dylan" when she's gotten him into trouble everytime they share a scene together? Can't wait for her parents to actually see that their daughter actually is the trouble maker (with a capital T!) because it doesn't seem like they get that right now. Just let Ben be happy. You make him toy with alcohol at the beginning of this season, and now pot? Really? Ethan reminded me of a season 1 Ricky, and that was pretty enjoyable. Speaking of Ethan, I was skeptical of the idea of Secret Life trying to pull a Degrassi type move (by slowly pushing older characters away to bring in new ones), but at this point, I'm going to welcome all new characters that the show is willing to bring in because this series needs some new characters and some new scenarios. Oh, and so much for Adrian and Grace "giving up on guys". I laughed my ass off at the idea of Adrian actually going the entire summer without any male "interaction". As if.