How Many Seasons Are Their Going To Be??

kenzie03241996

[1]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 9

Are they going to end the season when she has her baby (Which would be like, 1 season) or are they going to have a few more with her and the baby?

I am just curious.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Calibabe214

[2]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 27
    WOW its only been three episodes and your talking about when its going to end

ceedancer92

[3]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    i definitely hope they show her with her baby. it would be weird for them to just cut it off when she has the baby and not even show her motherhood. if they're going to do that then they might as well make it a movie instead of a tv show.

Princess_Pinky

[4]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    You can't really tell after only three episodes. You usually have to wait until the end of the season (as with New Amsterdam) or until a hiatus (like with Commander in Chief). Hopefully this show doesn't suffer the same fate as the aforementioned shows, though. It's certainly not as controversial/thought provoking as CiC and given that it's by Brenda Hampton, it's probably got better chances than NA, so I'm thinking (and hoping) it'll probably get a second season, but we really can't know for sure until much later down the road.
    Edited on 07/17/2008 12:53am

kenzie03241996

[5]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 9

Yea, at first I thought this was going to be a movie, lol

They should show her after with the baby.

angrodpallanen

[6]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 22
    Princess_Pinky wrote:
    You can't really tell after only three episodes. You usually have to wait until the end of the season (as with New Amsterdam) or until a hiatus (like with Commander in Chief). Hopefully this show doesn't suffer the same fate as the aforementioned shows, though. It's certainly not as controversial/thought provoking as CiC and given that it's by Brenda Hampton, it's probably got better chances than NA, so I'm thinking (and hoping) it'll probably get a second season, but we really can't know for sure until much later down the road.

I don't know how well the show is doing, but if it's anything like the ratings with Greek, we don't have to worry.

jra3209

[7]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 15
    in an TV Guide interview Brenda said she wants Amy to be pregnant for a few seasons.

txgirl75

[8]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 23
    I wonder where they will go after she has her baby. I know we need slow down.

coolgrl300

[9]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 17
    on the main page of the show on tv.com it says that the show is already confirmed a second season. they said that they have had alot of viewers and 13 more episodes are confirmed. one is going to show at the end of the season i think, and then the rest are being saved for the next season later in the year or early next year. but idk you can go read it

abarai92

[10]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 12
    Since she's a freshman now, I'm guessing that there will be four seasons.

Princess_Pinky

[11]Jul 22, 2008

jra3209 wrote:
    in an TV Guide interview Brenda said she wants Amy to be pregnant for a few seasons.

A few seasons? That would mean about three. I just can't see that happening unless they seriously slow down the series, or the seasons are super short, Amy goes waaay over her due date, or she gets pregnant again.

Realistically, I can only see them spilling the pregnancy storyline over into early part of season two if they actually have a full 22/23 episode lineup this season. Otherwise, if it's only half 10/12 episodes this season, then they could probably get away with having her pregnant for two seasons (if, again, they slow down the progress of the pregnancy this season).

Edited on 07/22/2008 6:39pm

abarai92

[12]Jul 22, 2008
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

jra3209 wrote:

A few seasons? That would mean about three. I just can't see that happening unless they seriously slow down the series, or the seasons are super short, Amy goes waaay over her due date, or she gets pregnant again.

Realistically, I can only see them spilling the pregnancy storyline over into early part of season two if they actually have a full 22/23 episode lineup this season. Otherwise, if it's only half 10/12 episodes this season, then they could probably get away with having her pregnant for two seasons (if, again, they slow down the progress of the pregnancy this season).

The show isn't only about Amy's pregnancy.

Princess_Pinky

[13]Jul 22, 2008
    abarai92 wrote:
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

jra3209 wrote:

What does that have to do with my reply to jra3209's post? Neither of us said anything about the show being entirely about Amy being pregnant, our posts were about what Brenda Hampton said in a TV Guide interview.

abarai92

[14]Jul 22, 2008
    Princess_Pinky wrote:
    abarai92 wrote:
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

jra3209 wrote:

What does that have to do with my reply to jra3209's post? Neither of us said anything about the show being entirely about Amy being pregnant, our posts were about what Brenda Hampton said in a TV Guide interview.

Well you acted like the show can only last if Amy is pregnant.

Princess_Pinky

[15]Jul 22, 2008
    abarai92 wrote:
    Princess_Pinky wrote:
    abarai92 wrote:

Well you acted like the show can only last if Amy is pregnant.

No, in fact, I did just the opposite: I pointed out how unrealistic it is for the pregnancy to last more than one season, two at the most, and certainly not three.

Skittles46

[16]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    Umm...wasn't she still considering abortion? (Previews for Next Tuez, anyone?)

heathergirl84

[17]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 5
    Yeah, but I highly doubt she'll have one. Mostly because the banner at the top of the page shows her a lot more pregnant then she is in teh show. So if you take that into account it would be say she's going to keep it, maybe put it up for adoption. And yes, pregnancy might last two short seasons, But I doubt it. That would kinda drag is out, and no it's not all about the pregnancy, but right know that's a huge storyline. I can see other storylines developing, other things happening, characters being build. I hope, that this show gets many more seasons, becuase I can see great potential in all the characters.

Skittles46

[18]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 3
    I just can't see this turning into how 7th heaven is...its wayyy wayyy too late. Hampton must have been sitting in Juno going "hmmm...I can probably make something here!"

Honestly, the series will have success but I don't want to be watching it drag on and its just Amy battling through high school caring for a baby. In all honesty, the past two episodes, everything has been just rushed. Its like theres a million and one different conflicts happening...

The whole thing with her parents? I really don't get how a few arguments in the first few episodes (guessing there was some tension) turns into a whole "You're cheating on me?" kind of deal last night. Moving way too fast. And Jack's way too old. I can't stand his hair lol

jbj4ever

[19]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 2

The length of the show will depend on the amount of audience it gets. So far it looks good for a 2nd season but a lot of things can happen in the meantime... Aliens in America was supposed to have a 2nd season too

jraja02

[20]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 6
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

jra3209 wrote:

You do know a pregnancy lasts 9 months. The baby's definitely not ready to come out this season. If Amy got pregnant in the begining of July, or late June. Then her baby's due...Early next April or late March. So I'm going to guess, she'll have her baby some time season 2. Depending on when they play season 2..