The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Let's Try That Again

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 08, 2010 on ABC Family

• Ricky & Amy kiss.

Okay, so at first, I really didn't know what to think of this episode. I think this episode mostly focused on the overall family issues. Which had some highlights, and some bad parts. I think that Grace was completely out of line by pushing Adrian like that, just because her mom is re-marrying. Yeah, so is the rest of the world. Cindy & Ruben, Betty/Leo, and now Kathy and her boytoy. Amy can't take a hint, when Jimmy doesn't call her. Amy assumes she is a bad kisser so she practices with Ricky. Uh oh, this doesn't look good for Ricky & Adrian. I think the kiss was the highlight of the episode. I liked how Madison's character was taken more seriously, and in depth. Before this, all she did was sleep around, but after this episode, she's more three-dimensional in my opinion. I loved the Juergens family issue. Things stay the same toward the end, but I hope Anne stays. This episode was also mostly set up for the Mother-Dauhter dance in the next episode. Ashley's scene with Anne at the end was sweet. There was some boring parts, which brought back the episode's rating a bit. But other than that, good.
  • People be havin' problemz.

Tonight's episode of The Secret Life of the American Teenager offered very little in the form of storyline advancement (in fact, absolutely zero questions were answered about Grace and Ben, Luke and Ashley or Amy and Jimmy) but it was an entertaining episode, I will admit it. The show right now is in a good place because the drama is not so ridiculous that you can't even watch it with vomiting (cough, Gossip Girl, cough) but it's not too prude either. Do I think every 14-16 year old girl obsesses over sex like they do? No, but I suppose in TV you have to throw reality out the window on occasion.