The Secret Life of the American Teenager

One Foot Out the Door

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jul 04, 2011 on ABC Family

7.4
  • 7/4

I actually liked the storyline with John. It was a nice little storyline they had with him possibly being hurt and Amy and Ricky stressing over how to handle it. For a show that is pretty ridiculous in nature I actually found this to be a believable reaction to those two kids responding to their child's problem.

The Adrian and Ben thing is a little bit weird, but I am curious to see how it plays out.

I do wish that that they would find something to do with Ashley. This voyage she is on is not it.

And I wish they could do something with Grace other than her "doing" it.

I enjoyed this episode for what it was, but outside of the Ricky and Amy stuff, they need to start writing these characters better.

So I think theres no denying when I say that Secret Life is in a rut. All the story lines put on the forefront here are pretty uninteresting. Grace acting like the worst character on television isn't amusing. I don't know if this character blunder is supposed to make people like her more or what. But its just not working out.

I remember the time when she was the good Christian girl, I miss that time, not now that she's a "fickle" girl. And Adrian possibly trying to get pregnant again is just too ridiculous for my liking. Wheres the emotion we were seeing a couple weeks ago?

And as for Ricky & Amy fighting, can you say annoying? Seriously, does anyone enjoy watching these two constantly bicker about their problems? I know I don't. Hopefully Secret Life "shakes things up" again like they did at the end of season 3 cause this is not amusing.