The Secret Life of the American Teenager

One Night at Band Camp

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 16, 2009 on ABC Family

• Flashback episode.

This was the perdect fill in, to make time go by, and make Amy have the baby in the next episode. This episode reveals that Amy did have feelings for Ricky, strong feelings. And it wasn't like she didn't know it was happening, like she said before, she did know what was happening. I don't know what to think of the Ricky/Amy relationship now. Maybe I have to give it more time. Grace thinks about being with Jack again, and reminisces at the time, when she first started dating him. Adrian reminisces to the time she got her new car, and when George started cheating on Anne, which now he regrets. Young Ashley looks happier than she does now, we find out she is in to ballet. Ben, Henry & Alice reminisce when Ben had braces and he took them off? Sorry, but that plot was unecassary. Amy was so mean throughout the whole episode, I know she's having a baby, but it doesnt give her the excuse to be mean to everyone else. And say "I'm having a baby!" ever 2 seconds. Love the flashbacks. Good episode.
  • Twenty-Second Episode

Ricky shows up to the hospital. So does Ben, Henry, and Alice. Amy doesn't deal well with pain. She's in a lot of pain and screaming a lot. Amy flashes back to when she first met Ricky and how she ended up pregnant... at Band Camp. Ricky was Amy's first kiss and that led to more. The night Amy got pregnant Ricky wanted Amy to stay and Amy wanted to leave but Ricky said whats a few more minutes and thats how Amy got in this situation. Meanwhile, everyone is waiting for news of the baby. Madison and Lauren show up at the hospital to see Amy. Ricky and Ashley talk. Grace and Adrian decide to go to the hospital and Tom and Tammy want to tag along.

Great Episode. 9.8/10
  • Through flashbacks we see how Amy and Ricky became more than friends....at Band Camp

In this episode of The Secret Life of the American Teenager, the following happens. This episode is mostly a flashback to Band Camp and explains exactly what happened there and the led up to Amy becoming pregnant, 8 months and 2 weeks ago to be exact. We see how they first met, and how Ricky first asked Amy out. In the present we see everyone waiting for information on the baby, who still hasn't been born. We also see that Amy is not very good at dealing with pain. We soon see Ricky and Amy at their first date, back 8 months and 2 weeks ago. We quickly learn that Ricky was the first boy that Amy really kissed and then it led to further things and that is how Amy ended up getting pregnant.
  • This one time....at band camp....

A very well-thought and well-executed hour of television and one of the best episodes of The Secret Life since its January return. The one problem? Amy.

When the star of the show is one of the most irritating, intolerable, insufferable (and about 15 other synonyms) you know you need to make some serious changes. Shailene Woodley has always been annoying but it was kicked into high gear today, almost to the point where what they were going for, with her freaking out over the birth, wasn't believable. And those flashback scenes with her thoughts being said out loud made me want to bang my head against the wall to end the pain.