The Secret Life of the American Teenager

That's Enough of That

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 26, 2009 on ABC Family

• Never in a million years did I ever believe I would be giving any episode of this show a 10 rating.

I'm in absolute shock and still in tears after having just watched this episode. I never thought that this series which has been for the most part a drama with many silly ridiculous and even realistic moments would even dare to take such dark serious frontiers and so quickly.

This episode and absolutely beautiful from start to finish. They won me over in the first few minutes with the Ricky/Adrian argument. But damn, I did NOT expect it to get better and better from there. We got the most amazing acting in the series from both the teens and the adults. We got a variety of suspense, drama, angst, and anxiety. We still get a bit of the enjoyable moments of character interaction that make this show fun to watch as always. And we got new character interactions you NEVER saw coming bringing in both plot and character development for people like you wouldn't believe. Ricky's character is amazing as we see him struggling with the world around him and his self destruction. The ending scenes are absolutely beautiful and tearjerking. I'm still in shock that this show did something I thought it could never do. Most of Hollywood would NEVER take teen-oriented dramas seriously or would make teen-oriented dramas that can REALLY make some serious connections with their audiences. There's just so much focus on the cliches and the stereotyping of it all that you would never think amazing writing or acting from teenagers could EVER be possible. But this show did it...they finally did it... Just a few episodes ago they gave us a cute and hilarious wedding and now they gave us a beautiful and serious dramatic situation. This show gave us an amazing seriously taken dramatic episode. THIS SHOW! Who would've thought. If more people watch this episode, they would take everything bad they thought of the show to begin with like I did.

It won me. It won me!