The Secret Life of the American Teenager

The Summer of Our Discontent

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jul 27, 2009 on ABC Family

7.9
  • Grace gets a great opportunity for the summer, and Ricky wants to spend more time with his son

I liked in the beginning how all the freshman with dead parents came together to make a club. Jack tells Grace that he is going away for the summer to football camp. The school counsler tells Ben that he is quitting his job. Amy also learns she has to go to three different summer school classes. Ricky wants John to spend the night with him, in his new apartment. Adrian freaks out, completely confused why her boyfriend would rather spend his first night with his son than her. (!!!!) She is sure that he is cheating on her. She even goes as far as to go to Ashley and George's house to ask if there moving back to Anne's house. She has become my least favorite character in the whole series. Ashley has a fight with her father about his lie, and how he might be the father of Anne's baby. At the end of the episode, Ricky comes over Amy's house to get John, but he is asleep, so he ends up staying the night. Ben comes over the next morning to see Amy before he leaves to Italy. Ricky comes down the stairs holding John, and Ben gets upset and leaves.
    Overall score: 9/10