The Secret Life of the American Teenager

The Summer of Our Discontent

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jul 27, 2009 on ABC Family

7.9
  • The school year comes to a close.

This episode is very season finale material, the school year is ending, everyone is trying to decide what to do over the summer, you've got quite a cliffhanger. Other than the the season finale-ish plots. This episode was pretty great. Amy continues to pay for her mistake, as she is known as "Pregnant Girl" in the yearbook, and she has to go to summer school. I finally understand Amy more as a character, after this episode. She's super stressed! She just makes her relationship with Ben so difficult when it doesn't have to be. Ben leaves thinking that Ricky "spent the night" at Amy's, leaving her for the summer. Who knows what she will do in Italy. grace taking the med school program in honor of her father, was a perfect way to end the dead father arc. Moving on, as the school year ends. George not telling Anne about the vasectomy was stupid, and signing divorce papers? Also, very stupid. Everything's out in the open when Ben's father already knew about Betty's past (i.e. prostitute). The Dead Parents Club made me laugh. Awesome episode, that could have been a season finale.