The Secret Life of the American Teenager

When One Door Opens

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jun 13, 2011 on ABC Family

• Season 4 Premiere

An okay "premiere" of The Secret Life. Doesn't really bring you in too watch the next episode, and I really don't like that Ricky & Amy are the central focus of the show. It pretty much alienates the fans that aren't in favor of the couple. Then again, I'm sure 90 percent of fans are for the Ricky & Amy relationship.

We did get a few takeaway scenes, but sadly, that was all that was taken from the episode. Francia Raisa proved her acting ability here, and we did get a nice yet strange scene betwen Ben & Amy.

Grace's absence proved costly for the episode, and I hope she doesn't stay in Africa for long. Overall, this was a fine premiere, yet I'm wondering where Secret Life will go from here. At least 4 seasons in, this show is still going strong.
  • 6/13

We're now two months in the future and Adrian is upset over losing her baby, so much so that she won't leave the house. Kind of like me, minus the dead child part (j/k).

An okay episode of The Secret Life tonight, but I'm not excited about the prospect of a sulking Adrian, even though it likely won't last that long. I think that a divorce would be the best thing for Ben and Adrian though. This is a forced relationship that we can chalk up as a failure for the most part.

No George, very little Ashley, no Jeff, no Griffin, a lot of characters missing from tonight's show. One of the great things about The Secret Life is that they have a wide variety of personalities on the program. I get that they just wanted to focus on Adrian, Ben, Ricky and Amy, but you're missing out by not utilizing the cast to its fullest extent.

Some moments were not all bad, but I won't be rewatching this episode anytime soon.