The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Whoomp! (There It Is)

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Mar 09, 2009 on ABC Family

7.7
  • Amy goes into labor.

Grace & Adrian plan a baby shower at Adrian's house, which is what made this episode special, everything that happened all revolved around the baby shower. Jack/Grace reunite with a kiss while blowing balloons. I didn't like them together at the start, but I definitely like them better than Jack/Shana. Which by the way, I am so glad that arc is finally over, looks like Duncan is sticking around though. Adrian finally sleeps with her step-brother, and her father isn't happy. They go through a breakup, and now Max is off to boot camp for eight weeks. George is moving out, Ashley is moving with him. And in the end, Amy goes into labor, prostponing the baby shower, as Amy's friends and family rush to the hospital. I love how Amy called Ricky at the end, a very mature thing to do. Can't wait for the next episode, really left things in the air.
  • Twenty-First Episode

This episode was HILARIOUS! I laughed so much.

Grace and Adrian have some issues planning Amy's baby shower because Adrian is getting impatient waiting for her brother to call her that she forgets to invite anyone to the shower. So, almost every girl is upset that they didn't recieve an invitation. Jack invites Shauna until he finds out no guys are invited. Jack helps Grace blow up balloons and then share a kiss when all the balloons fly away. Grace calls people and no one likes her so no one wants to come. One my favorite parts. It was hilarious. Then Grace calls and shes all nice and talkative. and Adrian's facial expression when Grace was on the phone. (haha. soo funny). Grace then calls Joe and tells him to invite everyone (girls only) to the shower. George and Ashley are keeping a secret from Anne. Shauna thinks Jack is cheating on her so she goes to Amy's shower anyway. Before the shower starts Max shows up at Adrian's with condoms and Adrian and him are in Adrian's room when Grace walks in. They have sex and the shower is starting. Amy's on her way to the shower when she goes into labor "Is there a Mrs. Amy's Mother? We have a surprise for you." haha. Grace is like the surprise is homemade chips and salsa. haha. the shower ends while Amy heads to the hospital. Adrian's dad shows up at Adrian's finding her and Max in bed together. And Max tells Adrian he loves her. Ben shows up at the hospital and Amy calls Ricky and tells him that the baby is coming and that she thinks he should be there. Probably one of my favorite episodes. 10/10.
  • The season finale.

The Secret Life of the American Teenager was the breakout cable series of 2008, garnering higher ratings than its demographic competition Gossip Girl when on Mondays, and 90210 when on Tuesdays. You have to wonder why The CW did not make a play for this show, but that network has made so many mistakes over its short history I will not get into it here. For a season finale this was pretty disappointing, and felt like more of a mid-season episode than a wrap-up period. They did squash Adrian and Jack's short flings, but it is hard to remain sanguine about the upcoming season with how quickly things have faltered. One of the problems with One Tree Hill's last two seasons is how everybody became best buddies forever, eliminating the intense drama that made the bad acting somewhat tolerable. I have a feeling The Secret Life is going to make that same mistake.