The Secret Life of the American Teenager

You Are My Everything

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jul 08, 2008 on ABC Family

7.3
  • My review of the second episode..

Wow, this was a really cute and interesting episode to watch. Cute because I thought the chemistry between Amy and Ben was really cute, even though they felt really awkward, since all this is happening to them for the first time. I thought it was also interesting because we got to see what kind of friends Amy's friends were. I never thought they would be spreading rumors, but apparently they were, and I didn't like them that much because of that in this episode. The only part of the episode that annoyed me a little was the scene where Grace's dad tells her about Jack and advices to her about teenage boys. I didn't find anything wrong with the scene or story, but I just found the actor who plays the dad to be overly dramatic in this scene, and it came out as really pompous and arrogant, and not at all like how a father would advice his daughter. I found his acting to be really annoying and was hoping he would tone it down and not act as if it was a life or death situation. I also enjoyed Ricky and Adrien's relationship, and even though I don't like Adrien's character that much, I did feel sorry for her a bit in this episode. Overall, I thought this was a very nice continuation to the pilot episode.