The Secret World of Alex Mack Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 1998)

The Secret World of Alex Mack Season 1 Box Art

JusticeLeaguer

[1]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 61

I have to say I'm not really a fan of the cover (it's rather busy) but I'd rather have it on dvd then not at all.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alibeth25

[2]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 26

I was just about to post this. You beat me to it. I do think it looks busy. There's too much going on in it. Why is Jessica Alba on the cover? I know she's a big star now, but she was only in 3 episodes.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7883

According to the website above, if you pre-order the dvd from Amazon, the cost is $16.09. Instead of $22.95.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UAE7MC?tag=tvshowsondvdcom&link_code=as3&creativeASIN=B000UAE7MC&creative=373489&camp=211189

Edited on 08/20/2007 11:05am
    Edited 3 total times.

Just_Jos

[3]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 11
    alibeth25 wrote:

I was just about to post this. You beat me to it. I do think it looks busy. There's too much going on in it. Why is Jessica Alba on the cover? I know she's a big star now, but she was only in 3 episodes.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7883

According to the website above, if you pre-order the dvd from Amazon, the cost is $16.09. Instead of $22.95.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UAE7MC?tag=tvshowsondvdcom&link_code=as3&creativeASIN=B000UAE7MC&creative=373489&camp=211189

I agree with you about Jessica Alba being on the cover, it's unneccesary, But hey maybe it's just Nickelodeon's way of getting people to buy the DVD.

petewrigley

[4]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 45
    Just_Jos wrote:
    I agree with you about Jessica Alba being on the cover, it's unneccesary, But hey maybe it's just Nickelodeon's way of getting people to buy the DVD.

Probably. I vaguely remember 21 Jump Street doing the same thing with Johnny Depp. Though it makes slightly more sense with their releases, since I'm pretty sure that Depp at least had a big role in the series.

Note that Nick's logo is nowhere to be seen. This makes me think that they've got nothing to do with these releases, which is too bad, since I really wanted to see them continue with their Rewind Collection DVDs. (They were one season away from completing P&P's DVD collection!)

As for the series itself, I'm definitely looking forward to getting these discs and I hope their releases don't get canceled like the Rewind Collection did.

Maetch

[5]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 7

Why is Jessica Alba on the cover? Simple. People know her. Fantastic Four 1 and 2, Sin City, etc.And said people will want to get the set for all three appearences of her.

Without her, most people would be asking "Who the hell is Larisa Oleynik?" Heck, they probably are.

robinepowell

[6]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 63
    Instead of Jessica Alba, it should be Alex's family or her friend Ray.

Maetch

[7]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 7

robinepowell wrote:
    Instead of Jessica Alba, it should be Alex's family or her friend Ray.

Why bother? They're nobodies, or at least that's howthe company bigwigssees them. Unfair, yes, but true.

SeraphWrath

[8]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 2

Yeah I really don't like the cover either (Jessica Alba) on the cover. Jessica Alba was only slightly better off then the extras, so she is a big star now, so what. I just hope that isn't the only reason they are bringing season 1 to DVD. I hope they do not cheat us like they did with The Adventures of Pete and Pete (published all but the last season!).

tonytvfan

[9]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 1

i find it funny and intresting it be cool if enough by this one to make it worth it for them to sell the other three

RobinMathew

[10]Feb 15, 2014
    • level: 1

I Like To See The Secret World Of Alex Mack Weekday Mornings At 09:30 AM On Teennick.