The Sentinel Forums

UPN (ended 1999)

Season 1 DVD's

explorer0713

[1]Apr 21, 2006
    • level: 3

Do you have it?  What do you think?

Packaging:  Artwork was well done but was all Ricard Burgi, except the back of the box.  I like Burgi alot, and of course he should be prominent -- but this was a buddy show as much as it was a show about a guy with special traits.  So, why not on Disk 1's cover -- a picture of Burgi.  Disk 2, Burgi with Maggart, maybe a little less prominent.  Disk 3, Burgi with Young, maybe a little less prominent OR a cast picture.

Also, take the time to spellcheck.  Not cool that they spelled the second lead's name wrong on the box.

Content:  Well done but, no extras whatsoever.  That's not right.  Now, I can see how they might not be sure how well it will sell and don't want to rrisk spending a ton of money on it only to have it sitting on the shelf -- but what about a slide show of all the promotional photos and ads and such?  They already have the material, so there would be minimal cost to include it.  And, many fans will not have seen some or all of it and would find it interesting.  Then if sales turn out good, you could have commentaries, bloopers, interviews, etc in later seasons. 

The show:  It has been a long time since I have seen the show and it was different than I remembered it.  Some things better, some not.  Strangely, Garett Maggart's voice is quite different than I remembered.  The thing that stuck out and dated the show -- the cell phones - they're HUGE compared to the one they have today.

Edited on 04/21/2006 8:37pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

theghost898

[2]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 7
    I just bought the set a fewdays ago. Can't wait to watch, I just hope they release all seasons.

HarrisonRocks

[3]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 14
    I had gotten it a few months ago.  I love watching my DVDs I have gotten to see some episodes that I had not seen before.  I liked that they had the discs in their own holder like they do with Charmed.  They could have put some extras on the discs like gag reels, deleted scenes, etc.  Over all I'm glad that they put The Sentinel on DVD in the first place I just loved this show.

moggiye16

[4]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 19
    explorer0713 wrote:

Well done but, no extras whatsoever

Well, when you think about it, this was done in the 90's and all the movies, TV shows that were converted into DVDs don't have extras because if they did then it was on the VHS tapes.

majken1974

[5]May 8, 2007
    • level: 21
    i cant get it, no region 2 available (yet anyway, keeping fingers crossed) and my dvd recorder is strictly region 2 or multi region

moggiye16

[6]May 15, 2007
    • level: 19
    majken1974 wrote:
    i cant get it, no region 2 available (yet anyway, keeping fingers crossed) and my dvd recorder is strictly region 2 or multi region
    That sucks, I broke my DVD player (fourth pone in two years). I hope they come out with a Season 2 DVD set. That'd be nice.

majken1974

[7]May 21, 2007
    • level: 21
    Moggiye16, yea it sucks big time, but i couldn't find a dvdrecorder that could play all regions and i just HAD to get rid of those huge ugly machines i had before, so even though my tv can take region 1 now, my recorder can't, such irony -my old tv couldn't take it and now my player can't  

noccy

[8]Jun 2, 2007
    • level: 4

HarrisonRocks wrote:
    I had gotten it a few months ago. I love watching my DVDs I have gotten to see some episodes that I had not seen before. I liked that they had the discs in their own holder like they do with Charmed. They could have put some extras on the discs like gag reels, deleted scenes, etc. Over all I'm glad that they put The Sentinel on DVD in the first place I just loved this show.

Is there anything in there about the track from episode 1x10? The one that's played during the monestary fight? Sounds like a mix between Enigma and Gregorian. I want to find it

minionhunter

[9]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 1

Band: Delerium

Song: Flatlands

Album: Semantic Spaces

Another Delerium song was used in the episode 'Love Kills' in Season 3 if my memory is correct. I'd check but my tapes are boxed up. I'm pretty sure a song plays when some Buddhist Monks are the focal point of the scene.