The Sentinel

UPN (ended 1999)

The Sentinel Fan Reviews (16)

• It was really good action series!

6.4
    The reason why "The Sentinel" should have went on another network for a brand new season is that besides being a very innovative series, the three main actors said that they would have loved to come back and continue filming new episodes. That is a surprising thing for multiply actors on a TV show to say. The reason is usually after a number of seasons of a TV series that is not well known in the mainstream, some people start to get tired of being on it and want to pursue other opportunities. One reason why Sci-Fi did not want to pick it up is because they want to stick to their original programming. It's like a cable TV network not wanting to use someone's leftovers. I thought that "The Sentinel" would have been perfect on CBS. I say this because I recall when they had their "America's Night of Heroes" theme for their Saturday night lineup. Another reason is that I was surprised when I saw Richard on one of their weekend television shows. He was on another police show that they had. What puzzles me about a CBS television executive not deciding to pick up "The Sentinel" is that the network did that with "JAG". "The Sentinel" would have fit perfect with that "America's Night of Heroes" theme, since they have that "Touched by An Angel" series on their network. "The Sentinel" is also in the same mold as that "Nash Bridges" TV series. I would have to say that this show gave UPN a plethora of credibility. It is fitting that UPN initially canceled "The Sentinel" and thus caused loyal viewers to start a large letter writing campaign to continue the series for another season. The ending with Jerri Ryan's character was the reason why writers on the show did not want to continue it. "The Sentinel" would have been perfect on CBS for a few additional seasons after it went off the air on UPN.