The Shield

Ain't That A Shame

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jun 14, 2005 on FX

• The brilliant ending to the Glen Close season of The Shield.

This was an amazing end to this season and I feel that Glen Close really kept herself in character the whole time. This season was the best yet in my opinion, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Shawn Ryan has in store for the next season. Monica Rawling was finally the answer to all the problems that they were having in finding a good captain. I'm really glad that she seized that foster home, some may say that that's what decided if she was going to be fired or not, but I really think that they had already decided to fire her in the first place. Mitchel was finally caught and I was glad to see that justice was being pretty well shoveled out in this episode, until the end when Monica was fired. Good can't always win, and you could tell the Aceveda and the assistant chief knew that what they were doing was wrong. I was really surprised when Dutch was offered the job to take over where Monica left off, and I was glad to see him turn it down, that would have been a real stab in the back for Claudette, not only that, but I think Dutch was right in saying that he was more valuable on the streets then in an office behind the desk. I'm excited to see who they pick for the next captain in the fifth season. God bless Monica Rawling.